spm162 is offline Associate Member

T4 (Thyroxine) question

I ordered 2500 mcg of T3 but my source ran out and sent me T4. I specifically ordered the T3 b/c of articles I've read about its effectiveness compared to T4. BUT, now I', stuck with the stuff so I want to know: is it worth taking? I know you have to take considerably more but is it even worth my while to use or should I try to get rid of it?

Bump

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Personally I would send it back to my source. T-4 is not a substitute for T-3 in my opinion. You can take it and get some results.

demetri is offline Member
    I honestly believe T4 is a waste of time in most cases.

When you exercise and/or diet your body produces less TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone). TSH converts T4 to T3 so if you're actually dieting (which T3 should only be used as a catalyst to jump start a stalled diet) or training hard your body will produce less TSH and will not be converting much of the extra T4 to T3.

Typically your blood levels of T4 are always higher than T3 as it is. I can't remember the ratio off hand. Many guys claim that T4 works, but you have to take 4 times as much. I can only see this working if the person isn't actually dieting and trying to loose weight the easy way. The net result IMO will be that you'll have lost a little fat that will come back quickly.

If you can send it back and find some T3. The stuff is magical if you use it right. One thing that I've noticed is after a long period of dieting I tend to get very cranky and lethargic. Adding 12.5 mcg of T3 a day reduces that lethargy, going to 25 mcg all but eliminates feelings of being tired and puts me back to my old self.

demetri

darmadoc is offline Member
    I'm taking 75 mcg per day and its making me feel tired and like I'm in a daze all the time. Has that happened to anybody else?

darmadoc

I was taking 82.5 mcg / day last week and I felt as great. What I did find though was that my throat felt swollen when I went over 75 mcg / day.

Are you calories really low?

I find that when I take any dosage of T3 that I only need 4 to 5 hours sleep. I'm up at 5 am every day Nothing to do but surf the net and make eggs. This morning I was so desparate to kill time I went for a jog and came to work early.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Boy, I wish I felt that way. I feel dazed and confused all the time. If I may ask, what brand are you using?

Cytomel

Ok I got my guy to reship me the T3 for free. He told me to keep the stuff I have and he will send me the T3 for free. Sweet. But I was wondering if I could use a small doseage of the T4 (like T3) to help enhance the my cycle (increased protein, carb synthesis, fat lypolysis, etc)?

There is no point in taking it with T3. T3 with downregulate your thyroid and you won't be converting the T4 to T3. I'd toss the T4.

Thread Information