Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier

Thread: Military Training and TEST

therussian is offline New Member

Military Training and TEST

Hello,

I am considering to embark on my first test E only cycle. I am familiar of all the correct procedures and have a reliable source.

My concern is whether the cycle will help me achieve my goal as it is different.

I am currently attempting a very challenging military special operations pipeline. I have about 4-5 month until I ship off to selection and I am currently in the train up phase.

Some of the things that I am trying to improve:
    Rucking with 70+ pounds over 12+ miles
    Runs - long and short range
    Endurance for crossfit-type intensive sessions

Some of my stats: I am in my mid-20's with about 10 years lifting and wrestling experience. 8% BF, 170LBS. My workout regiment consists of about an hour running/rucking in the am and lifting in the pm. Because I have to focus so much on other stuff, I haven't been able to lift as intensely as I used to before.

I am trying to achieve more strength, stamina, endurance and aggressiveness from the cycle. My natural test is kinda low (300 range) for some reason and I was even eligible for TRT at some point but since I'd get shut down anyways I thought I'd do a full blown half gram a week test e cycle.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Hi, If your training is within months don't bother with AAS. IMO...It will just slow you down if you aren't experienced with using AAS and don't have enough time to work your diet and get your cycle in order? Perhaps, if you started adding a lot of wind sprints, this will boost natural test levels and heavy lifting, strength training. Here is some more info...Austinite's Educational Article Database Enjoy!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You will be in trouble trying to recover while going through basic .....not smart. Your body will need time to recover after the cycle and you will be at your weakest.

Done basic and airborne - going straight to selection. Will have a full 3-4 month to recover post cycle, that should be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    Done basic and airborne - going straight to selection. Will have a full 3-4 month to recover post cycle, that should be enough?
    Only blood work can really determine that ....anything else is a guess.

Cody95 is offline Member
    Hello,

I am considering to embark on my first test E only cycle. I am familiar of all the correct procedures and have a reliable source.

My concern is whether the cycle will help me achieve my goal as it is different.

I am currently attempting a very challenging military special operations pipeline. I have about 4-5 month until I ship off to selection and I am currently in the train up phase.

Some of my stats: I am in my mid-20's with about 10 years lifting and wrestling experience. 8% BF, 170LBS. My workout regiment consists of about an hour running/rucking in the am and lifting in the pm. Because I have to focus so much on other stuff, I haven't been able to lift as intensely as I used to before.

I am trying to achieve more strength, stamina, endurance and aggressiveness from the cycle. My natural test is kinda low (300 range) for some reason and I was even eligible for TRT at some point but since I'd get shut down anyways I thought I'd do a full blown half gram a week test e cycle.

This is not a good time for you to use AAS.

boiwonder is offline New Member
    its understandable what there saying! but it's up to you if you think you can achieve what you want to achieve in that time and still have enough in the tank aftwards, no one has ever excuted each cycle to perfection so why not juice! you'll learn if you f**k up or not achieve what you wanted so go all out!

Quote Originally Posted by boiwonder View Post
    its understandable what there saying! but it's up to you if you think you can achieve what you want to achieve in that time and still have enough in the tank aftwards, no one has ever excuted each cycle to perfection so why not juice! you'll learn if you f**k up or not achieve what you wanted so go all out!
    That's great advice....... more or less telling him "just see what happens" I have enough cycle experience to know that he will not be at 100% so what advantage would that put the OP in?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I trained both Navy and SAS people over intensive landscapes at medium and high altitudes.

1. Your 8% will not be a help to you for field work. Major part of the training will be sleep, calorie, and recovery deprivation. Reconsider this aspect.

2. Focus on leg and mid torso strength. Limiting factor will be keeping the legs moving and those are the key items.

3. If this is the Navy pipeline go take a class on breaking the genetic panic responses with oxygen deprivation in water.

4. If this has any water training learn and practice CDS (Combat Diver Stroke)

5. "OBTAIN" constant pressure socks for use at night when sleeping.

6. Be aware they now test for AAs on military blood tests at boot entry and MOS upgrades.

7. If you can get military ok to go on TRT that would be a huge advantage.

My 2 cents. Good Luck.

Hello,

lovbyts likes this.

ojm3 is offline Associate Member
    I have a few friends in the army right now and i know they wouldnt suggest it. Their opinion would be based solely on that fact that your military property. Essentially tomorrow they could come up and say hey Johnson your going to man a post on the south side of the DMZ-Korea. And there wouldnt be dikk you could do about it.

Thank you everyone for feedback.

What I am hearing basic concern for me is recovery and detection at this point. I am not particularly worried about detection and there is some flexibility with regards to ship date because of the nature of the program I am in, so I these aren't major concerns for me.

My main question is to which extent AAS coupled with training will help me improve my run/ruck times and help me stay with a very intense training regiment. As of now with my natural levels, I feel like I have to put in much significantly more work than others in the group to get to the same results and even thouse are only average. Which is why I am looking for some edge

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If your eligible for the trt, I would take that route. When you start trt and get good levels established, it will give you an edge. It will help you with your physical, emotional, and mental health. If you are suffering from symptoms of low t, you will feel like a new man with your test restored to normal levels.

Chicagotraiser listed some very good advice. If you do cycle before going through the selection process, more than likely you will lose the gains you made before. With trt you may be able to maintain the protocol during selection. If you could that would be a huge benefit. I have no involvement in the military so I'm not sure if ongoing medical treatments are allowed to be continued during selection.

I wish you all the best during selection, and godspeed. Thank you for your service.
    Last edited by jstone; 01-17-2015 at 04:53 PM.

motivated247 is offline New Member
    Thank you everyone for feedback.

What I am hearing basic concern for me is recovery and detection at this point. I am not particularly worried about detection and there is some flexibility with regards to ship date because of the nature of the program I am in, so I these aren't major concerns for me.

My main question is to which extent AAS coupled with training will help me improve my run/ruck times and help me stay with a very intense training regiment. As of now with my natural levels, I feel like I have to put in much significantly more work than others in the group to get to the same results and even thouse are only average. Which is why I am looking for some edge
    Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger, this is what you will achieve, you will recover quicker and be able to do in a cycle what may take a year or more, if you can recover with a good PCT in time it may work. Good Luck.

Swoleroid is offline Junior Member
    Since when do they test for AAS upon entry into bootcamp in the military in blood tests? That would be too costly. I've only ever heard of them rarely picking out certain ones that seem very obvious of their use. Why bother testing for something that a majority of people don't even touch and even if they did, it would only be the militarys advantage.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoleroid View Post
    Since when do they test for AAS upon entry into bootcamp in the military in blood tests? That would be too costly. I've only ever heard of them rarely picking out certain ones that seem very obvious of their use. Why bother testing for something that a majority of people don't even touch and even if they did, it would only be the militarys advantage.
    He isnt talking about boot camp. He has been through all of that. He is talking about special operations so its a lot more likely.

Thread Information