Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By Juced_porkchop

Thread: Should I increase anastrozole?!

buddy13 is offline New Member

Should I increase anastrozole?!

I have decided to go all basic on my 3rd cycle. My first was a Test prop (100mg EOD) 10 week & for my second cycle around 5 months ago I did a 10 week course of Test prop (100mg EOD) +Eq (200mg E4D). I noticed strength increases on both of them but mainly AAS have been a great recovery aid. I always felt like I am ready for my next hard session.

I am now in week 4 of this cycle. I want to see appreciable results on my body composition while keeping same mass and also to help with my training intensity (I feel sore and sometimes lethargic with all these hard sessions). 4 weeks in my strength & weight has gone up from 74-77kg with no apparent increase in bodyfat, I have put on some muscle but mainly I am holding onto an extra bit of water (which I really tend to do even when I'm all natural).

Stats:

- 30 years old 5’8 / 72kg / approx. 14% body fat
    - Sports: Boxing
    - Diet: Clean 2000-2300 cals/day of 40/30/30 pro/carbs/fat split into 3 small meals and 3 snacks
    - Training intensity: 6-7 days a week (twice/ day for 4 or 5 of these days) doing cardio, weights, circuits etc...

CYCLE: 12 week cycle as below:

- Test E 250mg: Mon & Thu : Weeks 1-10
    - Test Prop 100mg EOD: Weeks 11-12
    - Arimidex : EOD 0.25mg: Weeks 2-12
    - HCG 250iu: Tue & Sat : Weeks 7-12
    - Animal Pak Multi Vits: ED Weeks 1-14
    - Omega 3 Fish oil: ED Weeks 1-14
    - Chitosamine + Chondroitin + MSM: ED Weeks 1-14

PCT Protocol:

PCT (Start 3 days after last Test prop injection):

- Nolva (40mg ED for 1 week then 20mg for another 3 weeks)
    - Clomid (100mg ED for 1 week then 50mg for another 3 weeks)
    - ZMA
    - D-Aspartic acid natural test booster

Now my problem is that my weight has gone up, even with just 2000-2300 cals./day and lots of cardio. I don't afford this because I have to keep my weight class. Also I am having very high libido, I get semi erections 4-5 times a day with the smallest thought of sex and seem to want to have sex at least every day. Is this due to high estrogen?

This is my first cycle where I have used 0.25mg EOD Arimidex (anastrazole) as an aromatse inhibitor. On my previous 2 cycles I have used 12.5mg ED Aromasin (Exemestane). Should I try to bump up my dose of arimidex to 0.5mg EOD? I dont notice any particular nipple sensitivity or any lumps under them, but would like to control water retention & fat accumulation.

Thanks lots for your help. I read a LOT but any good advice coming from this forum is very appreciated
    Last edited by buddy13; 01-27-2015 at 03:31 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Best thing would to get blood work done and check your sensitive E2 and free test levels.

So you are taking 850mg of test a week?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Best thing would to get blood work done and check your sensitive E2 and free test levels.

So you are taking 850mg of test a week?
    yes that would be best. My appointment for bloodwork is in 2 weeks though....results will come a week later.

500mg/week test. As shown prop is only a 2 week bridge between test E & PCT.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why do 2 weeks of prop? They Test E will not be out of your system so it will still peak higher especially the 1st week.

Your are going to the doctor to get your blood work done? You must not be in the US. I would first look at water intake, make sure you are drinking enough and your sodium intake is low before I would bump up your AI if there are no other signs of E2. If you do bump it up I would just do .25 ED but again if water weight is the only thing check diet first.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Why do 2 weeks of prop? They Test E will not be out of your system so it will still peak higher especially the 1st week.

^^ IMO - you should have front loaded the prop instead... As a kickstart, rather than trying to pin it the last two weeks which as stated the test e will be peaking still at wk one, after last pin.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Am i reading this right ?

You want to sh*g more so you want to up your AI because you think this is caused by high E2 NO this is caused by high testosterone you are injecting into your body.

You are gaining weight ? Well yes this does happen when you use AAS and train and eat good.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    With high E2 you wouldn't be getting these hard ons throughout the day! Lol ^^^ what clarky said above its the opposite.... It's high test(due to pinning exogenous testosterone ... Causing a rise in test leading to increased libido etc!

Now if you weren't getting erections then that could be high Estrogen, etc! Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    With high E2 you wouldn't be getting these hard ons throughout the day! Lol ^^^ what clarky said above its the opposite.... It's high test(due to pinning exogenous testosterone ... Causing a rise in test leading to increased libido etc!

Now if you weren't getting erections then that could be high Estrogen, etc! Make sense?

Thanks for your replies guys. I know what you're saying but I actually read a few articles claiming that even more so than test, its Estrogen that actually controls libido in males also. Maybe I'm getting a bit confused....

At the end of the day I think I'll just up AI to 0.5 mg EOD and see how my body reacts. It's a bummer to split a miniscule Anastrazole in 4 equal pieces...besides I think this is still a very safe dosage.

Yes bloodwork has to be carried out by a doctor here (I'm not in US unfortunately) and is very hard to get done.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

I agree.
    sounds normal OP.... i know it can be a pain... but it is part of it...

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys. I know what you're saying but I actually read a few articles claiming that even more so than test, its Estrogen that actually controls libido in males also. Maybe I'm getting a bit confused....

At the end of the day I think I'll just up AI to 0.5 mg EOD and see how my body reacts. It's a bummer to split a miniscule Anastrazole in 4 equal pieces...besides I think this is still a very safe dosage.

Yes bloodwork has to be carried out by a doctor here (I'm not in US unfortunately) and is very hard to get done.
    "control" doesn't = "raises" ...... test and estro play a part in it of course... but I think you might be misunderstanding it.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information