ctcrunch is offline New Member

PIP or infection? Help?

Hey all,

I did my first pin of 250mg Test E into my right quad on Sunday night. Virgin muscle. I was nervous when i was doing it so I didnt go in all the way, tried to adjust it a little, wiggled it around and I definately felt the needle moving inside my leg. Hands were shaking and I wanted to get it over with so I injected it as fast as i could. It could've been around 30 seconds. Took needle out, a little bit of blood.

I took all precautionary measures. Wiped the vial with an alcohol pad, wiped the injection site, used two needles ( one for drawing and one for pinning ).
    24 hours later, leg was sore as hell. Hit back in the morning, couldn't do my usual cardio(stepmill) so I walked on the treadmill instead. Later on that night it got worse. I couldnt walk properly, was limping everywhere. I had to use the rails on the stairs just to go up and down. Iced it, took a hot shower and went to bed.

48 hours later. I woke up, it was less painful to walk on but still limping. Redness from injection spot going all the way down just before the kneecap. It's red, a little warm. Doesn't burn when I touch it, more like sore. I don't feel a fever. I took 2 advils and went and hit chest today. I was able to do my stepmill.

Is this normal? Or should I go to the pet store and get antibiotics and take it? I also have Benadryll, should I take that before i sleep?

I have to pin again tomorrow. I'm thinking about pinning my glutes this time. Really not looking forward to pinning and the after effects lol

officious is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctcrunch View Post
    tried to adjust it a little, wiggled it around and I definately felt the needle moving inside my leg. Hands were shaking and I wanted to get it over with
    Sounds like PIP from what I've read, I've not reached this point yet so wait for someone more knowledgeable than I to give you feed back. But wait a week and if you find that it doesn't go away then start to be concerned.

Also because you may not have gone deep enough you might not have gotten it all in the muscle and it's in the sheath/sac that surrounds your muscle and that's why the discomfort and redness has spread.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How long was the needle? What gauge? What is your body fat?
    It could be as simple as injecting to fast and getting a charlie horse/bruising. I always say 1 minute per cc. 30 seconds saved by rushing can easily lead to days of discomfort.

gamble14 is offline Junior Member
    My first cycle i injected in my glutes and I could hardly sit down for about 3 days. Virgin muscle is a pain. But it will go away imo! I'm by no means an aas expert but I know how you are feelin! If it's an infection you will most likely feel sick and start to run a fever. Just wait it out. If it's not better in a week then go see the doc. Good luck man.. And the advice I was given when I had the same problem was..."welcome to aas, suck it up" haha.

spradamania is offline New Member
    With everything you described, between the virgin muscle and the nervousness, you should be fine, mate. The quads are tricky in itself. I had the same exact outcome on my third cycle. It's a pain but give it a few days.

Try the lateral delts with a 25gx 1". I prefer it over all other spots. That and worst come the worst, you're not walking on your shoulders.

Also, ibuprofen before bed. It'll help the pain and swelling

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Where its red and warm and hurts like hell it sounds like PIP in conjunction with bad injection technique. You will get better at it, I don't think anyone really enjoys pinning but that's the way it goes (I am sure someone will chime in ad say they love it). Next pin be more careful and go slow and if you get the same results it sounds like pip (usually too much BA in the compound) this is common....keep us posted, you may need to cut the compound with GSO.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to not be able to pin quads, cripling pip lasted for days.

Now I'm pinning prop in quads and almost dont feel it, our body gets used to...

mikegilbert1986 is offline Associate Member
    is your test 250mg per ml? you might have to add a little gso.

Thanks all, legs still hurting but it feels like a bruise.
    I'm around 10-11% bodyfat.
    I used 25Gx1 to pin
    Last edited by ctcrunch; 01-28-2015 at 05:18 PM.

How do I cut it with GSO? Any tutorials? And yes my test is 250mg per ml

How do I cut it with GSO? Any tutorials? And yes my test is 250mg per ml
    You have to use filtered gso or pharmacy grade. You would add maybe a 1/2 CC per CC of compound. I filter mine add store it in a 30 CC bottle and add it when I need to.

I just pinned my glute for the first time. This time I used 25x1.5. Didnt move it around TOO much aside from my hand shaking a little. Warmed up the test vial and took it slower than the first time. I counted to 40 Mississippi. I've been massaging it for the past 10 minutes so far. I already feel it in my ass lol, going to pop some ibuprofen and balladryl and see what happens in the morning.

I just pinned my glute for the first time. This time I used 25x1.5. Didnt move it around TOO much aside from my hand shaking a little. Warmed up the test vial and took it slower than the first time. I counted to 40 Mississippi. I've been massaging it for the past 10 minutes so far. I already feel it in my ass lol, going to pop some ibuprofen and balladryl and see what happens in the morning.
    Be careful with the ibuprofen ....make sure you eat something with it.

gamble14 is offline Junior Member
    I'm over here dyin about you sayin you've been massaging it for 10 minutes. I remember my second time I pinned and didn't want any pip, so i massaged the hell out of my ass the whole day. How was the pip this time?

cttoasn is offline Associate Member
    Midway through my first cycle, after many pip free quad injections, I developed a weeklong swollen, red, hott, pip on my left quad.

Was freaking about infection, etc...

After a week however, it started to get better and went away.

Take your temp and if you are not running a fever, you will be fine.

Started pinning delts after that episode and love it. I use delts and quads now and the sites get much more rest between pins.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Does anyone pin in their traps or biceps?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_1978
    Does anyone pin in their traps or biceps?
    traps are the worst idea i the world. Instant pain.

Bis aren't bad

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Hi, not sure if you read this yet but it might help...Injections: Tips, Tricks, Questions and Answers Cheers!

Thread Information