Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown
  • 1 Post By Docd187123

Thread: how low BF% is recommended for starting AAS

Rocky0019 is offline Junior Member

how low BF% is recommended for starting AAS

hello friends,
    I just want to get your opinion about how low body fat % is recommended for starting a AAS cycle?
    i am currently at 19% and losing fat at a good pace.
    how low should I get it before thinking about starting a cycle?
    14-15% is enough or even lower?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    You will probably get different opinions here, but no one can give you an exact answer in my opinion. The higher the bf% the higher your risk of having problems. But, different people respond to AAS differently, therefore bf% is not the only factor. I have done AAS in the past at 20% bf and although I had no negative sides I looked horrible. Adding 20 lbs of water weight onto a high percetage of bf simply looked bad. Although you could still have problems at 10%, if you are losing weight and heading in the right direction I think14% would be fine. I am sure others will give you different opinions, but I just wanted to offer my 2 cents from my personal experience. Good luck.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky0019 View Post
    hello friends,
    I just want to get your opinion about how low body fat % is recommended for starting a AAS cycle?
    i am currently at 19% and losing fat at a good pace.
    how low should I get it before thinking about starting a cycle?
    14-15% is enough or even lower?
    15% bf is the cut off or if you can get down a bit lower that's even better. If you think about as you bulk you will be adding some fat so why not leave yourself in the best position you can be in post cycle and not have to lose a ton of fat as opposed to being 20% then adding another 3 to 5%( amount depends on alot of things mainly diet). Same in a cut.....if you are 20% or so and you cut down to 15% on cycle then have to get off....big deal, that goal could have been met without cycling. Lower bf is a win-win.
    NACH3 likes this.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    AAS are ment to get beyond your natural limits. This explains everything, get the conclusions by yourself.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Use AAS at whatever bodyfat percentage you want just make sure to have educated yourself on nutrition and training before hand as well as having a few years of solid gym experience.
    Red Bastard likes this.

mark woods is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Use AAS at whatever bodyfat percentage you want just make sure to have educated yourself on nutrition and training before hand as well as having a few years of solid gym experience.
    Exactly^^^^leaner fella's will respond better than fatter one..but if you know what your doing and how you re-act to hormones but if your asking then you don't know yet so keep cutting and reading.

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    the lower the better

Thread Information