MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

Does anti-es lower blood pressure during a cycle?

My blood pressure always goes up during a cycle and I get a headache and feel lethargic. Last cycle my ankles had sweeling and I didnt feel very well every time this happened. The reason I avoided anti-es is because a local bodybuilder said they decrease the affectiveness of your steroids and they werent neccesary unless your prone to gyno from excess estrogen production.
    I drank plenty of water and slept plenty but still got the headaches. I saw were BILLYBATHGATE stated anti-es can lower bloodpressure. If anti-es lower bloodpressure how much is the average dose?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes they lower BP mainly by stopping water retention. Anti-e's don't inhibit gains. Depends on the anti-e as far as dosage. Standard is 1mg arimidex /2.5mg femara/25mg Aromasin and for Nolvadex most run 20mg ED. Some use lower dosages depending on how much gear they are using.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I'd be more concerned with how they can effect your lipid profile.

JohnnyB

Martin43 is offline New Member
    "I'd be more concerned with how they can effect your lipid profile.

JohnnyB"

How would they affect such profile?
    Please elaborate

Thanks

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    They will help to lower bp like rickson said. However there is some controversy that nolva can inhibit gains somewhat by inhibiting certain growth factors, ie. IGF-1, and this is even reported in scientific lit. But I don't know if this would be anything to worry about cuz I know many people who use nolva and make excellent gains minus the bloat (this may be where the "lost gains" actually comes from). Nolva/clomid have a positive effect on lipid profiles, while your aromatase inhibitors have shown to have a negative effect.

Thread Information