JayMoe is offline New Member

Steroids for older women

Hey, everyone. I've tried to do as much research as possible on this before posting a thread, but I haven't been able to find as much information as I'd have liked to.

I've run a couple of steroid cycles with some pretty good results as far as putting on mass and cutting fat. My mother has seen the results, and now she's interested in running a cycle or two, especially to help her get rid of some stubborn belly fat. Now, the difference with her and a lot of women on here is that she's in her mid-50's and menopausal/post-menopausal. She's in ok shape, but she certainly wouldn't be able to compete in any shows right now, nor do I think that's her goal; she wants the aesthetic improvements and being able to lift more weight. I think she's on Lipitor, and probably some sort of antidepressant, which are already red flags for me, but if she's going to be insistent about taking steroids , I want to at least be able to ensure she's as safe and responsible as possible with her use.

All I've been able to find up to this point is some cycle dosages and mixed contention between them. 5-10mg/day anavar or 50-100mg/week primobolan or 25mg/day anadrol , and different sites, forums, and reviews saying that some are a terrible idea and some are the "go-to" steroids for women is basically what I've seen, as well as results posting (though none with pictures of before and after).

I know how to run cycles for myself and most men in general, but I don't know what needs to be included for women (do they still need to take an AI or is there anything they actually have to do for PCT?). Obviously, any masculinization would need to be kept to a minimum or be nonexistent. I've considered mentioning SARMs to her as well as an idea since I've taken them before, but there's even less information about them in general than steroids due to their being experimental, and that's not even factoring in results on women.

My advise to her is for her to do everything naturally or go through some sort of anti-aging clinic, but I think she's just getting impatient since she's done almost everything to get rid of her belly fat and it isn't working quickly enough or she hasn't seen noticeable results despite her being committed to going to the gym and adjusting her diet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    What her stats?

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: I'm guessing around 140-150, give or take. She's not in terrible shape, but does have a little bit of excess stomach fat probably from drinking beer over the last 35 years. She says she won't have any problem cutting alcohol out of her diet if she's taking steroids .
    Body fat%: Looking at her, I'd guess between 25%-30%. She has decent vasculature on her arms and legs which would say less, but the stomach fat would say 30% or more.
    No cycle history, though she has tried clen (couldn't stand the sides)
    Workout history: On and off for the past 10 years or so? Continually for the past two.
    Her diet isn't bad, from what I've seen (aside from the alcohol), but I couldn't give you specific macros.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoe
    Height: 5'6" Weight: I'm guessing around 140-150, give or take. She's not in terrible shape, but does have a little bit of excess stomach fat probably from drinking beer over the last 35 years. She says she won't have any problem cutting alcohol out of her diet if she's taking steroids. Body fat%: Looking at her, I'd guess between 25%-30%. She has decent vasculature on her arms and legs which would say less, but the stomach fat would say 30% or more. No cycle history, though she has tried clen (couldn't stand the sides) Workout history: On and off for the past 10 years or so? Continually for the past two. Her diet isn't bad, from what I've seen (aside from the alcohol), but I couldn't give you specific macros.
    The alcohol needs to go and the way you laid it out, it seems more frequent then sporadic. Not sure this is accurate? Var, primo and winny are common first cycles for women but they are not magic pills . Takes hard work in the gym and disciple in the kitchen and only works synergistically with an already solid diet and training. I haven't read anything in the thread that suggests a cycle will end with success.

Winny is considered a cutter but also sides less predictable with painful joints being the worst. Var and primo will add lean body mass buy only with proper training and diet. I am not sure AAS is right for your mom and I do not promote compounds just because they want to try them.
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 02-28-2015 at 04:24 PM.

The alcohol consumption is pretty regular, though I have seen her cut back significantly the last few months. I don't think she's ready at all or that AAS is right for her, and I'm sure as hell not going to be the one supplying her, but if I can help her at least use them as safely as possible instead of her just taking whatever she ends up getting, I'm going to. She's stubborn and I'm not sure if I can change her mind about it.

I'm not trying to justify her use, I was just trying to provide as much background as possible so that if she does end up taking them, she can use whichever substance at the lowest amount that will be the least detrimental to her health, but that will also at least make her happy that she's getting some results, namely a reduction in her belly fat.

In any case, thanks a million for the help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMoe
    The alcohol consumption is pretty regular, though I have seen her cut back significantly the last few months. I don't think she's ready at all or that AAS is right for her, and I'm sure as hell not going to be the one supplying her, but if I can help her at least use them as safely as possible instead of her just taking whatever she ends up getting, I'm going to. She's stubborn and I'm not sure if I can change her mind about it. I'm not trying to justify her use, I was just trying to provide as much background as possible so that if she does end up taking them, she can use whichever substance at the lowest amount that will be the least detrimental to her health, but that will also at least make her happy that she's getting some results, namely a reduction in her belly fat. In any case, thanks a million for the help so far.
    I appreciate your honestly. The alcohol is just pure sugar and can't be helping to met her goals.
    Belly fat is systemic of women in menopause. It's a stubborn fat and very difficult to loose. I wish her luck. I still have stubborn belly fat at 18% bf.

Let me know if you need cycle advise.

dirtle90 is offline New Member
    I would suggest sitting down with her doctor as a regular checkup and bring it up. I know it was hard for me to bring it up with my doctor (granted I'm 25) but at the end of the day he was very helpful and wanted me to do things the right way so it was good advice. If she doesn't want to compromise her regular doctor just go to one out of town. They are legally obligated not to speak of it outside of the office and as much as they will say not to do it they will give you the possible negative effects she could experience. Drs. Deal with a lot of steroid cases believe it or not. They know their stuff, especially general physicians. Just my opinion though because it seems like you will be hard pressed to find valid information for steroid use from an older female, but who knows 60 is the new 30!

Thread Information