alex93 is offline New Member

antidepressants and steroids

Does anybody have experience with taking antidepressant/anxiety medication while on cycle? I was prescribed mirtazapine by my doc a few years ago to treat depression, although i decided to stop taking when i started using steroids about 18 months ago (cyp and eq), although i am not making progress with my depression and wish to go back on the medication. Does anybody know much about if they interact or any sides i would face? ive talked to many people, including online research, and cant find any info. im going to talk to my doc later this week, but it would helpful to get some info from someone who has personal experience.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey Alex,

In my experiences... I've been on clonezapam for yrs(as needed for panic attacks/anxiety)... And about 1.5 yrs ago started Lexapro & though I've checked and asked around here, I haven't had any problems(but I obviously can not speak for everyone)...

In my case they work have yet to interfere... But I would double check as well!

I've seen many members on here that have these problems as well, and sometimes it's medically necessary... I personally don't have experience w/your specific medication but hope this helps as more will chime in!

GL OP!

alex93 is offline New Member
    Thank you, I guess ill have to be straight up with the doctor. im worried they may not renew my script though if i say Im on using steroids .. and even if they do i dont know if the research is even there for them the give me an accurate answer

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex93 View Post
    Thank you, I guess ill have to be straight up with the doctor. im worried they may not renew my script though if i say Im on using steroids.. and even if they do i dont know if the research is even there for them the give me an accurate answer
    Do not tell your Doc your on steroids as it'll be in your permanent record... Then Ins. Can and will give you problems covering anything(as they'll say its related)... I strongly suggest if anything is to come up on his part just say your taking test boosters from GNC or something!

Thread Information