Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Question Time On = Time Off Question

I know that time on should be equalled with the same of time off. Since I'm new to PCT...my question is at what point do you guys determine your time off? At last injection, after the ester is done, or after clomid?

I tried searching for an answer and I couldn't come up with much.

Appreciate all help.

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    I believe the general consensus is including clomid therapy.

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    but bump for more answers as I might be off...

superjew is offline Associate Member
    The whole time on = time off theory has no scientific evedence to prove it. (At least I've seen none) The formula does make sense if you are looking to absolutely minimize side effects. Though it makes sense that the less time you are using, the less chance you have of side effects. I don't think the "magic" time on = time off theory has anything to do with that. Sorry that doesn't have much do with the thread. I just thought I'd chime in. If anyone else reads this who agrees with me, please chime in so it doesn't look like I'm the only one. I know there are alot of bros who share my thoughts.

Originally posted by BimBamBoom
    I believe the general consensus is including clomid therapy.
    This has been my view too...but thought I would throw the question out there.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yep.... PCT is part of the time on = time off

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Personally I don't agree..I ask my chiropractor that same question, he has been body building since the 80's and he just laughed, and said "do you want to get big?". He did agree, yeah for minimal sides that would be ok, but that was about it..

But this is just what I Think, and I could be wrong, but I am not saying that I would run a cycle right after another cycle..I am just saying If I ran a 12 week cycle, I am not gonna wait another 12 weeks, more like 9.

Originally posted by TheMudMan
    Yep.... PCT is part of the time on = time off
    Do you mean...

10 week cycle...then after PCT...10 weeks off
    or
    10 week cycle, 3 weeks until start PCT, then PCT...totalling 16 weeks on...then 16 weeks off

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Personally, I think it doesn't matter too much. There is no "right" or "wrong" way of doing steroids , and that's one of the major bad parts of it. Everyone is different, and everyone wants to be different. If it were tested more thoroughly by doctors and scientists, we'd have more answers.

Time on = time off is just a general rule, just like many other things with steroids that are just a good idea, like aspirating, it's just smart. HOWEVER, I agree I don't think there has been any real CONCRETE testing done to reveal anything about anything. Just do what feels comfortable. As long as you are being safe, as long as you don't skip out on important aspects of the cycle, like the Clomid therapy, and the diet, and all that, then you could probably skip the whole time off concept. I mean there are people who run 6 month cycles, and others who never go off.

Whatever floats your boat. But, LOL ... going back to your original question, Clomid therapy is included in the time on/time off theory (generally). I myself don't think of it like that. I just run one cycle a year

Fuck it all then! I'm going to have an IV bag full of test needled into my ass cheek 24/7/365!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Do you mean...

10 week cycle...then after PCT...10 weeks off
    or
    10 week cycle, 3 weeks until start PCT, then PCT...totalling 16 weeks on...then 16 weeks off
    Yes.... I consider The cycle plus the ending of my PCT as the total time on. But like Terinox stated everyone has different views on this. I may just want to play it safer.

Chach is offline Associate Member
    I dont believe in the time on=time off theory, show me proven study's and ill change my mind or show me A single study....that's my opinion

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Time off=Time on is not a proven scientific fact. It is a tool used to guide the 99% percent of the people on this board who won't go get tested post cycle to see if they have recovered. The bottom line is if you have chosen to come off of AAS then you should stay off as long as it takes to recover natural function otherwise why come off at all. For some people that could take 6 weeks and for others 6 months. Since most people run 10-12 week cycles and most people recover within that time it has become a standard. I personally don't like it but it is better then nothing I guess. Things like increased sex drive and testicular fullness, while good signs to recovery, are not reliable indicators in my experience.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Rickson
    Time off=Time on is not a proven scientific fact. It is a tool used to guide the 99% percent of the people on this board who won't go get tested post cycle to see if they have recovered. The bottom line is if you have chosen to come off of AAS then you should stay off as long as it takes to recover natural function otherwise why come off at all. For some people that could take 6 weeks and for others 6 months. Since most people run 10-12 week cycles and most people recover within that time it has become a standard. I personally don't like it but it is better then nothing I guess. Things like increased sex drive and testicular fullness, while good signs to recovery, are not reliable indicators in my experience.
    Very good point, obviously best solution would be to get tested, blood test, a general checkup, etc., to make sure all is good.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

We're supposed to take time off?

bumdart420 is offline Associate Member

Re: We're supposed to take time off?

Originally posted by FKITLETSGO
    thats some funny shit man!

tony_canuck is offline Junior Member
    the real test is the time for your body to normally recover without any outside stimulants (ie clomid) and a certain amount of time for your body to adjust.

Now, this is all very personal, as I know people who just want one big 20 week run for the summer, and rest of the year off, due to their health concerns, and I know guys who run all year round with very few weeks off. There is no scientific proof of time on=time off that it will do anything more significant than 15 on=9 off. I mean, what is the goal? To have your body fully recover? I think since we are all so different, each person has different abilities in recovery. Have yourself tested, and look at your goals, not just in gaining mass, but overall long-term health

Thread Information