marshdiggs is offline Junior Member

Suggestions for caloric/nutrient intake

I have tried different diets ect, to maximize results over the past few years. I do, though, find it hard to get a exact measure of caloric & nutrient intakes.... Do any of you guys use software or pda's ect, to monitor these levels... Or is it just a pen and paper type of system?
    Let me know.....

Ps= I apologize, this thread should probably be moved to another forum.....
    Mod's= "A lil help here, a lil help"
    Last edited by marshdiggs; 06-20-2003 at 07:53 AM.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    If you don't mind spending a little bit of money, Swolecat has created diet and excercise plans for a few people on this board, and there results have been excellent. Otherwise, just read through the archives in the diet forum.

Dizzle, thnx for the advice. Maybe you misunderstood me.... I am pretty knowledgeable on both diet & excercise plans (I am a certified PT).
    What I am looking for is either software OR even a handheld device which allows you to enter food, supplements, ect, and track your progress...
    Ex: if you are on a 2,500 calorie diet, looking to get 200grams of protein a day, you would enter EVERYTHING you eat in a day, and it would tally up the amounts of both colories & nutients....
    Understand where I'm coming from now!???

thnx bro

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by marshdiggs
    Dizzle, thnx for the advice. Maybe you misunderstood me.... I am pretty knowledgeable on both diet & excercise plans (I am a certified PT).
    What I am looking for is either software OR even a handheld device which allows you to enter food, supplements, ect, and track your progress...
    Ex: if you are on a 2,500 calorie diet, looking to get 200grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> a day, you would enter EVERYTHING you eat in a day, and it would tally up the amounts of both colories &amp; nutients....
    Understand where I'm coming from now!???

thnx bro
    Why would you want to go through all of this mess?? If you plan out your meals daily or weekly than calculating macros should not be hard to do in your head. BUt for shits and giggles I guess you could use protrack2002 (www.dakotafit.com) or since your going through the hassle of doing this, why create your own spread sheet in microsoft excel? You could link your pda's and laptop up to run excel programs.

Sorry but I just dont understand where your coming from??
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I just keep a daily (hand) written log of all my food (which is all pre-planned a week in advance) and than each night go back over it to double check my macros for each meal. It's a painintheazz, (sorry bro, couldn't resist) but has helped me far more than any other step I have taken in this game.

Yes, ProTrack is along the lines of what I am looking for. Not sure if I am going to purchase that one.,. But now we are talking
    thnx abstrack

Big Texan--- I would liek to get into a more routined, less spur of the moment type of diet plan. I am doing ok, now, but will leave for Miami in 3 weeks so starting Monday must really buckle down.... I might take your avice and try to pre plan my week. I will let you know how it goes, if I do, go this route.
    thnx brother

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    No problem, it's helped me greatly due to the fact it takes all the guess work out of what to eat and when to eat it.

true
    thanks buddy

Thread Information