Kdog@usi is offline Associate Member

Opinions on cycle plan

It's been nearly 10 years since my last cycle.
    First was test cyp 10weeks @400mg w/30mg dbol first 4 weeks. Second was testE @ 500 and EQ at 400 15 weeks.
    I'm 33 yrs old, been training for 18 yrs.
    5'11 235lb. Rough estimate right now is 13-15% bf.
    My goal before starting my cycle is 225lb under 12%

My cycles goals are to cut down/ add a little lean mass. More of a re-comp I guess.

Base of my cycle is going to be Test E @ 450mg for 11wks.
    Planning on 50mg/day Anavar for 7 weeks.
    Going to possible run clen , maybe during PCT..
    HCG @ 250iu 2x each week 1-11
    Arimadex .25 eod
    Nolvadex &clomid PCT

My questions:
    Run the var at the beginning or end? Also the clen..
    HCG continue until PCT or stop with Test?
    Run adex through PCT?
    I'm getting a few mixed reviews.

Thanks in advance guys.

I know these are lower doses, been away so long, figured I could start out on the lower end..

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdog@usi View Post
    My questions:
    Run the var at the beginning or end? Also the clen..
    Var, I have no personal experience of, but most people run it at the end of the cycle.

HCG continue until PCT or stop with Test?
    HCG continue until PCT stopping 3 days before PCT starts

Run adex through PCT?
    Run Adex up to PCT, not during

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ solid advice!

Nice stats my man!

I have experience w/Var and I prefer it on a backload... I prefer to finish strong and w/the test e your blood levels will have peaked by then(6wks and BW) and if you decide to frontload see bottom....

However your running test e(whereas I like to run prop - w/the faster kick in) but it's all a preference thing... If your lookin to frontload(I'd do 4 wks of prop at 100mgs eod while taking your test e and waiting for your bloods to stabilize that way you could run the var on a backload for say 6-8 wks(8 being the max only due to its mildness of an oral(I've gotten great results w/var but to see its optimum results try to get to sub 12%) b4 you start!

GL!
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-21-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I had almost decided to hit prop the first 4, but wasn't going to if I ran the var from the start. I may just have to add that! Any views on using the clen during or after pct?
    I had also thought about possibly running clen right up to my cycle instead to try and get as lean as possible before starting..

I've been outta the loop for quite a while so any advice is welcomed.

Bump for any Clen advice

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    In my experience , you need to decide if you are cutting or bulking, I guess a recomp is possible with carb cycling, but your diet is going to have to be top notch and dialled in exactly, I like clen , and you might get a slight advantage with it being anti catabolic, so follow the two week on two off protocol, adjust calories to suit being on or off clen appropriately. Don't eat empty calories, go 50/30/20 blah blah blah

Lol yes I know what you mean. I'm cutting now. And actually plan on continuing a slow cut up until my cycle begins. If I keep reaching my goals until that time my cycle will end up being a lean mass cycle. If I can keep from adding any fat during my cycle obviously my bf% will drop. I started the year jan 1st at 260 and guestimating around 22-23%
    Sitting about 232 right now and 13-14%
    Before I begin I want to be low 220's about 10%
    That way if I gain 15lbs or so I'll be about where I feel my best

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Lol yes I know what you mean. I'm cutting now. And actually plan on continuing a slow cut up until my cycle begins. If I keep reaching my goals until that time my cycle will end up being a lean mass cycle. If I can keep from adding any fat during my cycle obviously my bf% will drop. I started the year jan 1st at 260 and guestimating around 22-23%
    Sitting about 232 right now and 13-14%
    Before I begin I want to be low 220's about 10%
    That way if I gain 15lbs or so I'll be about where I feel my best
    "The Prime Explained" is a sticky by Marcus and is quite fascinating... It's basically what your trying to achieve(getting bf down w/minimal muscle loss - like a sponge ready to soak up all the new muscle tissue your about to build) your making a much more anabolic state by doing this and like you said it's the best way to get your quality gains(especially on a bulk your not gonna gain to much fat/all depends on your diet) but you'll have a much more successful cycle regardless if cutting or a lean bulk.... You'll be very happy if you get down to 10%...

And congrats on the weight loss thus far! Keep at it!!

GL to you on your upcoming cycle!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdog@usi
    Bump for any Clen advice
    Clen on a recomp......hmmmmm. I wouldn't bother but that's me. I have tried it during pct and didn't really thinking of it. Kinda like taking c4......but with lots of sides throughout the day. If you are cutting and really trying to get that extra few pounds of stubborn bf off then it may be worth it but to just throw it in the mix is kinda worthless IMO.

Buster brown I'm leaning toward running the clen in the weeks leading up to my cycle starting. Try to strip as much fat as possible before starting. Do you think I would be better served using this approach as opposed to finishing with it? The only reason I was thinking of using it in pct was for the anti catabolic effects.

Thank you nach 3, I'll give that a read. I didn't intend on a dirty bulk over the winter, but my crazy schedule forced me into it, well and priorities lol. I can't carry 260 like I did 10 years ago. Plus I've been natty since then and I've

Always said that I won't cycle unless I've got all the time and ability to give it 100%. Been a long time waiting!

Also buster I've got clen on hand and I'm just trying to figure the best way to incorporate it into my long term goals. I'm still losing weight with diet and cardio, but it's slowing down quite a lot now. I'm fine tuning my diet every couple weeks to try and keep it going as long as I can without sacrificing too much muscle/strength.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Buster brown I'm leaning toward running the clen in the weeks leading up to my cycle starting. Try to strip as much fat as possible before starting. Do you think I would be better served using this approach as opposed to finishing with it? The only reason I was thinking of using it in pct was for the anti catabolic effects.

Thank you nach 3, I'll give that a read. I didn't intend on a dirty bulk over the winter, but my crazy schedule forced me into it, well and priorities lol. I can't carry 260 like I did 10 years ago. Plus I've been natty since then and I've
    Without the gear(during PCT) is when I would not run clen, imo... Plus you will have just put on all that new muscle tissue(the first thing is eating to maintain that new tissue)... Or you'll lose your gains(and tailor your new TDEE around that....

.. I would run it prior to, to maybe aid in your bf goals if you can't reach it naturally...

It has been done plenty of I feel it's more useful prior & most who've ran it during PCT even low doses gave said they're not too sure if they'd do it again(from what I've read)... It could help w/protein synthesis, and raises glycogen uptake stores....
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-21-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Appreciate all the comments and advice guys.

Thread Information