Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: First cycle not great, what else did I miss?

Frontpump is offline Associate Member

First cycle not great, what else did I miss?

Looking for my first "experience" to step in and heal my pending shoulder surgery quickly and effectively. Trying to launch a soft run so I don't screw up my recovery potential by making rookie mistakes. I've been reading up on this for about 3 years, but as you know only experience teaches best.

So my first run was kind of nerve racking.

My bro deposited test400, 200 into each leg, and he dropped the syringe on the porch. Blew it off non-chalante. Then we didn't even sterilize injection site, just rubbed some ice from the freezer on it. Then the ice fell on the porch too, and we reused it. It didn't occur to me how dangerous this was until a few days later when I woke up with a stiff jaw. Read on for details.

Well then injection pain seemed more than my first run. This time I took 200 in each quad, instead of 400 in the upper glute. It really hurt, especially left leg. I know it doesn't feel "good", but the pain in left leg was sharp, not dull like usual.

-Unlike the first time, I was really very nervous for some reason this time.

-I did aspirate , which was my main concern. No such thing as a good oil embolism.

-After reading that intramuscular infection could be the cause of intense injection site pain, I started to worry about dropping that needle and not properly sterilizing. Some infections described as life threatening, great.

-3 days later, right around peak day, I started feeling very weak, nauseous, and shaky. I initially thought this was indication of an infection, but later discovered it was "test flu"...which in 3 years of reading I'd never heard of. Infection dismissed.

-The day after getting test flu and calming down about it, I woke up with a painfully stiff jaw. One quick google and the word tetanus came up, with a stiff jaw being the first symptom. Perhaps one of the most excruciating diseases in the world, I instantly worried about dropping the syringe on the porch, which certainly had soil, which carries the tetanus bacteria, which could have been deeply deposited into both of my legs. I didn't get tetanus, but wikipedia this and see if the real possibility of contracting it as a result of carelessness doesn't rattle you. It might be the worst way to die ever. Even if you survive, you'll never recover from the psychological effects of having gone through it.

-I also learned about the perils of injecting into the lymph system, uncommon as it may be, I would still love to avoid this very dangerous happening.

So the big picture for me right now is

What else do I need to be aware of to do this safely? Because obviously I'm not as prepared as I need to be.

I don't want infections, tetanus, an oil embalism, or any other setbacks that would defeat the purpose. I'm already going to be one-armed while running my business for a while, I don't need anything else difficult to handle. I'm aware that these things are not excessively likely, but even one occurrence would be pretty stressful, if not deadly worst case.

So, some other questions.

-what are the complications of stacking and using pain prescriptions? I plan to do my first heavy cycle during shoulder surgery recovery. I imagine pain prescriptions will be in order
    -How do I avoid the lymph system?
    -are there esters that do not cause "test flu"?
    -What other uncommon sides can come from stacking test, deca , or eq, and how do I manage them?
    -is this the best set up or best compounds for tendon and joint repair?
    -What else am I just too newb to be prepared for?

Planned cycle:
    T.E.500 week, weeks 1-12
    D.D. 300 week, weeks 1-12
    EQ 300 week, weeks 1-12
    aromasin AI EOD
    Caber (for libido)
    Nolva pct
    DAA during PCT
    Then shoulder should be better than ever.

Brothers of iron, make it rain with scientific and experience based advice only please.

reporich is offline Associate Member
    How about you do some research yourself! You should read the stickies and start with the one regarding a first cycle. Don't let some idiot stick dirty needles into you. Dah!,

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow, you proved you are a long way from being ready. Forget everything you THINK you know and start reading. Dont expect to get spoon feed. Stop playing with things you dont understand or you are going to get hurt or worse.

#1 before you decide to cycle again get blood work done, full hormone panel. If you dont do this then you still dont have a basic understanding what you are doing or why.

fxrjuiceman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reporich
    How about you do some research yourself! You should read the stickies and start with the one regarding a first cycle. Don't let some idiot stick dirty needles into you. Dah!,
    ?? 100%??

fxrjuiceman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reporich
    real advice here listen to it or hurt yourself

I expected these responses, and I deserve them. I have read the stickies. Did you guys find anything about test flu in there either?

Blood panel came in last week. Everything is clear and within normal range.

Respectfully, I'm hoping for a bit more than a reminder of how stupid what I did was.

How long ago was that cycle?
    So what were all the ranges of you test results?

If you want to do things right then go by what it says to do here. Absolutley nothing wrong with doing a test only cycle a 2nd or even 3rd time. No reason to try to stack until you have done a proper test only cycle and gotten GOOD results from it. If you cant get good results with test only you wont by stacking either.

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

Do not use steroids to recover from a surgery.
    Your muscles will grow stronger than your tendons and ligaments and you will definitely increase the risk of re-injuring yourself.

I appreciate everybody's input. I'd like to restate my questions, and then continue reading and studying according to the suggestions.

-what are the complications of stacking and using pain prescriptions? I plan to do my first heavy cycle during shoulder surgery recovery. I imagine pain prescriptions will be in order
    -How do I avoid the lymph system?
    -are there esters that do not cause "test flu"?
    -What other uncommon sides can come from stacking test, deca , or eq, and how do I manage them?
    -is this the best set up or best compounds for tendon and joint repair?
    -What else am I just too newb to be prepared for?

Lastly, my primary intent is to recover from surgery faster. I'm told Deca and EQ are known for their joint and tendon benefits. I'd like to confirm this, but I can't take blind suggestions, I need some science/studies/detailed experiences with medical perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump
    I appreciate everybody's input. I'd like to restate my questions, and then continue reading and studying according to the suggestions. -what are the complications of stacking and using pain prescriptions? I plan to do my first heavy cycle during shoulder surgery recovery. I imagine pain prescriptions will be in order -How do I avoid the lymph system? -are there esters that do not cause "test flu"? -What other uncommon sides can come from stacking test, deca , or eq, and how do I manage them? -is this the best set up or best compounds for tendon and joint repair? -What else am I just too newb to be prepared for? Lastly, my primary intent is to recover from surgery faster. I'm told Deca and EQ are known for their joint and tendon benefits. I'd like to confirm this, but I can't take blind suggestions, I need some science/studies/detailed experiences with medical perspective.
    I will say this again...
    Test, deca , and EQ are NOT going to help you recover faster.
    If anything at all you will delay your recovery from surgery since your muscles will overpower your recently repaired and not healed tendons.

Deadlifting dog, I appreciate you restating your opinion. And forgive my skepticism, but how can I take what you say as valid without some sort of research or proof?

Some people say it is a great idea, and have had great results. You say it's a terrible idea. If neither person validates their opinion's, how am I to make an informed decision?

Do you see what I'm getting at?

I hope I'm communicating clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    Deadlifting dog, I appreciate you restating your opinion. And forgive my skepticism, but how can I take what you say as valid without some sort of research or proof?

Some people say it is a great idea, and have had great results. You say it's a terrible idea. If neither person validates their opinion's, how am I to make an informed decision?

Do you see what I'm getting at?

I hope I'm communicating clearly.
    Let me chime in and this is my research proof. Back surgery for Herniated L3/L4 2005, Back surgery for L5/S1 2007, extensive shoulder surgery 2012. Part of the reason for the shoulder surgery was due to using test/deca to try to help recover from injury and instead I started to lift heavier until I did to much damage to continue.

ASS will give you the false perception that you feel better, stronger and can do more and in fact you will do more damage. Shoulders heal very slow and you need to do a lot of PT with is mostly rotation, not strength building. You want to get range of motion right away, not strength or it will be a long road to recovery.
    DrewZ likes this.

Ride on, 2 opinions is certainly better than one. And AAS being the cause of injury is certainly a helpful perspective. I value other's experience.

Sadly I can relate. I have a desiccated c6-c7, calcium deposits on my skull from almost tearing my trap out from the skull base, and a partially separated shoulder. All from the same injury.

No AAS involved at the time. Just wanted to grow. 5 years of lifting, put on 40 pounds natural, doubled strength, just got too sure of it all.

What I'm hearing is forgo the steroids and emphasize range of motion during PT. I do know eccentric contractions aid in tendon recovery, so I'll keep neg reps involved lightly.

Is this to say there are no compounds at all that will aid shoulder surgery even the slightest?

Check out the injury and rehab part of the forum, you will find a lot of on cycle shoulder injuries.

If you are looking for something to help speed up recovery look into TB500. You will also see a lot of info in the injury and rehab section about it.

http://forums.steroid.com/injuries-rehab/

Thread Information