markyh is offline New Member

Nolvadex and opposite results

Can any of you guys put me straight on this one, i've read on this site that Nolvadex can in some cases have opposite effects

A very rare but all the more serious problem of Nolvadex is that in some cases it does not lower the estrogen level but can increase it

Now i've read alot on these boards about people and gyno symptons, is it really wise to recommend nolv if there is a chance of this happening..

Does anyone know of the cases where this can happen....Why can this happen, what are the circumstances....

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    First time I have ever heard of it. Any proof behind that statement. I have never known anyone this has happened to.

Its just what i've read on this site.... In drug profiles "Nolvadex "....

chevy44 is offline Member
    i think it means that it can have a reboudn effect, which means if u take nolva, which blocks the receptor sites, and then stop taking it, the sites become available to all the estrogen that was blocked.so that doesnt happen u take nolva alll the way thru ur cycle and thru clomid. thats how i understood it but im sure that theres some bros out here that can explain just a lil better.
    Last edited by chevy44; 06-26-2003 at 04:19 PM.

i see what your saying but it mentions the rebound effect on another sentence. The Quote i originally put was how it was said, it's pointing out the bad effects of Nolv.

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    From what I know, it acts as an estrogen upon receptor sites, but is actually a weak estrogen. This means if you get your estrogen levels tested, they may be higher due to the nolva, being an estrogen in itself. That does not mean it won't exert anti-estrogenic effects though, since it binds to the receptor not allowing stronger estrogens like estriadol exert their effects

Ex_banana-eater

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well it is a SERM meaning in some areas it acts as an estrogen and in some areas it acts as an anti-e. It is strongly anti-estrogenic in breast tissue.

Thread Information