Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: bad news, enlarged heart

hsvcraig is offline Associate Member

bad news, enlarged heart

hey ive been a light steroid user on and off and not high doses. yesterday i had an xray done and my heart is enlarged which sux. im currently on cycle doing test for 8 weeks 750mgs then the last week ive done 500mgs test and 500mgs of deca . there doctor doesnt know how the steroids work but i did inform him of my use. obviously ill be finished with steroids now but theres no chance when its all out of my system that my heart may shrink down a bit, sounds silly i know. my estrogen would be high atm aswell

im also waiting to CT scans for my results on whats going on

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    My heart goes out to you brother. You will be in my prayers.

cheers mate, im only 30 years old aswell

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hsvcraig View Post
    hey ive been a light steroid user on and off and not high doses. yesterday i had an xray done and my heart is enlarged which sux. im currently on cycle doing test for 8 weeks 750mgs then the last week ive done 500mgs test and 500mgs of deca. there doctor doesnt know how the steroids work but i did inform him of my use. obviously ill be finished with steroids now but theres no chance when its all out of my system that my heart may shrink down a bit, sounds silly i know. my estrogen would be high atm aswell
    You will be surprised at how many people have an enlarged/hypertrophic heart. Did your Dr. order a stress echocardiogram to determine your heart function? My heart was initially damaged by a virus and at one time my ejection fraction was in the 10-12% range, which is eligible to be worked up for a heart transplant. I am now back in the 45% range regarding ejection fraction after a very bumpy ride, pacemaker, bacteremia, etc.
    Read up on the condition if you haven't already.
    Overview - Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - Mayo Clinic

Obviously, cycling AAS isn't considered a wise choice, but T within normal range is fine, IMO, if your natty T is low and the underlying cause is identified. My Dr. has me on TRT, albeit a poor one.

Regarding your heart "shrinking" back to normal, I can't speak for that. I can say that with the correct beta blocker and in the short time I had my biventricular pacemaker, my heart did partially remodel.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-19-2015 at 06:58 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Also, I wish the best of luck and remember, this is something that can often sound worse than it is.
    lovbyts likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As said, it's a LOT more common that people think but that does not mean to ignore it.

On another note, why did you tell your doctor about your steroid use ? You now risk your insurance company dropping your probably just when/if you will need it and deny any claims due to steroid abuse .

I would have a quick chat with your doctor and either revise what you said to him saying you meant pro hormones, not steroids or make it very clear he is not to put that in his notes or share it.

Do NOT rely on the doctor patient confidentiality is based on ethics, not a law. They share a LOT more with the insurance companies and even employers than you know.
    It is based on ethics, not law

Thread Information