Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Ideal Estradiol Levels On Cycle

mesophyte is offline Junior Member

Ideal Estradiol Levels On Cycle

What is the ideal range for E2 to be in while on cycle? I just checked my mid-cycle blood test and it came back as 61 pg/mL

I'm wondering if I should leave it be and continue my AI protocol as is, or if I should adjust the dose / frequency.

E2 is above the normal range for men (the range is up to 43 pg/mL), but it is also not too much over. (on my last cycle when I was taking a bunk AI, it went as high as 256 pg/mL) so, what I'd like to know is what is ideal and whether I should adjust my AI or not worry about it.
    Last edited by mesophyte; 05-22-2015 at 01:36 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It also depends on how you feel. If you feel ok I would leave it alone bit probably no harm in adding a little more ai but not to much. I'm not sure if I would even add 1/2 more, maybe 1/4

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    It also depends on how you feel. If you feel ok I would leave it alone bit probably no harm in adding a little more ai but not to much. I'm not sure if I would even add 1/2 more, maybe 1/4
    Also depends on BW... Mid cycle bloods are crucial for making the necessary adjustments...

I'd say in the middle of range but that's individual some can go lower and be quite fine(it takes time to get your AI dialed in) so never just go by feel(throughout cycle) but adjust w/mid cycle bloods to be sure

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Also depends on BW... Mid cycle bloods are crucial for making the necessary adjustments... I'd say in the middle of range but that's individual some can go lower and be quite fine(it takes time to get your AI dialed in) so never just go by feel(throughout cycle) but adjust w/mid cycle bloods to be sure
    I think op is looking on how to adjust the dosage and despite BW numbers there is some trial and error in dialing in AI as we know a small adjustment can go along way. I think giving advice on how to dose an AI is very difficult other then the obvious starting dosages. I agree more with LB on going by how you feel and leaving it alone. With me on a heavy cycle adex @ .50 e3d pharm grade is as high as I need to go.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I think op is looking on how to adjust the dosage and despite BW numbers there is some trial and error in dialing in AI as we know a small adjustment can go along way. I think giving advice on how to dose an AI is very difficult other then the obvious starting dosages. I agree more with LB on going by how you feel and leaving it alone. With me on a heavy cycle adex @ .50 e3d pharm grade is as high as I need to go.
    It's definitely hard to dial it in... Agree 100%... It does take time and more experience to do(trial & error) I was just adding that mids would be a diffinitive answer at the mid way point to make that little key adjustment! Maybe I worded it wrong - but I too agree that w/experience comes that feel that is very good to have... I've found .5 eod on a heavier cycle does me justice(just shows we are different... Always started w.25 b4 now I know I need a lil more eod just my experience

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Exactly! One example I guess would be: cycle is going great, no signs of gyno or other sides and taking a minimum AI......mid cycle bloods are drawn and e2 is a bit on the high side.......instead of chasing a number I would leave well enough alone. Off cycle bloods I feel are a bit more critical as you are trying to " normalize" and achieve desirable bw values.
    NACH3 likes this.

mesophyte is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Also depends on BW... Mid cycle bloods are crucial for making the necessary adjustments...
    I already got my mid cycle blood test results, that is why I posted. They came back with E2 at 61 pg/mL which is above range but not so absurdly high. On my last cycle my E2 went up to 256 pg/mL mid cycle because of a fake / underdosed AI.

Currently I am taking 0.25mg eod of anastrozole (pharma grade) and that is what has me at 61 pg/mL. So basically, a quarter of a tiny little pill every other day.

If I were to increase the dose how would I do it? If I go to 0.5mg (half a pill) eod, that is doubling the dose and my levels would get way too low. So I thought maybe taking 0.375 eod or 0.25 one day and 0.125 the next day and so on, but I don't see how I'm going to be able to split this tiny pill into eighths. It will undoubtedly crumble at that size.

Maybe I can take a half pill every 2nd dose instead of a quarter pill? So that would be: 0.25mg, followed by nothing, followed by 0.5mg, nothing, 0.25, nothing, 0.5 nothing, and so on.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mesophyte View Post
    I already got my mid cycle blood test results, that is why I posted. They came back with E2 at 61 pg/mL which is above range but not so absurdly high. On my last cycle my E2 went up to 256 pg/mL mid cycle because of a fake / underdosed AI.

Currently I am taking 0.25mg eod of anastrozole (pharma grade) and that is what has me at 61 pg/mL. So basically, a quarter of a tiny little pill every other day.

If I were to increase the dose how would I do it? If I go to 0.5mg (half a pill) eod, that is doubling the dose and my levels would get way too low. So I thought maybe taking 0.375 eod or 0.25 one day and 0.125 the next day and so on, but I don't see how I'm going to be able to split this tiny pill into eighths. It will undoubtedly crumble at that size.

Maybe I can take a half pill every 2nd dose instead of a quarter pill? So that would be: 0.25mg, followed by nothing, followed by 0.5mg, nothing, 0.25, nothing, 0.5 nothing, and so on.
    Was it E2 sensitive essay? Or just estrodial? Big difference, if just estrodial your E2 would probly be a lil lower....

You could go w/.5 e3d... You could also split your pill into 3 equal piles giving you say .375(note just my experience I was at .25 and was slightly elevated too) but found that .5 EOD was great for me)

Thread Information