takotsubo is offline New Member

test and weak tendons?

I read an article on another board that claimed high doses of test (>250/week), weakens tendons and predisposes one to injuries. The reason I'm interested in this is because last summer I tore my patella tendon. My cycles have always consisted of at least 750 - 1000mg of test, do you guys think there is any credibility to high test and tendon weakness/injuries?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by takotsubo View Post
    I read an article on another board that claimed high doses of test (>250/week), weakens tendons and predisposes one to injuries. The reason I'm interested in this is because last summer I tore my patella tendon. My cycles have always consisted of at least 750 - 1000mg of test, do you guys think there is any credibility to high test and tendon weakness/injuries?
    Of course, the more test you run the stronger your going to get! That means if your tendons and ligaments aren't up to standards w/yiur strength increase they'll pop!

It happens to people all the time who start cyling too light - they're strength sky rockets and there ligaments and tendons are very weak compared to the strength gains and they can't keep up and end up rupturing tearing pops for sure

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your tendons are your tendons and as stated by NACH they are only going to take so much abuse (tore my bicep tendon off the bone in 08). Soooo, it's important to keep that in mind and be smart when training. Tendons don't reattach ....once torn off they must be reattached and yes, it sucks!

Thread Information