BigMan65 is offline Associate Member

What does it mean that a steroid is "Derived from Testosterone"

Hows that work?

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Your sentence really does not make sense. What is the bases of your question? What steroid are you talking about?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Steroids are changed(or altered) at different positions(chemically - carbon & hydrogen atoms), 19th carbon position) 17AR - 17th carbon positioning, and so on! DHTs do not aromatize but are 17a5 1
    Last edited by NACH3; 05-26-2015 at 06:01 AM.

BigMan65 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Your sentence really does not make sense. What is the bases of your question? What steroid are you talking about?
    Regarding Dbol (as an example):
    " .....But it's derived from testosterone like mentioned(hence its heavy aromatization)... " -nach 3

"BigMan basically all steroids are derivatives of testosterone like 3863 referenced, with their chemical pathways altered for a desired effect. With dbol it's at 17th carbon position where it's altered to allow it to pass through the liver. " -kelkel

I just dont understand what it means that certain steroids (again, dbol as an example) are derived from testosterone, i wish there was some way of making myself understand this, it seems extremely interesting

perhaps ill have to become a doctor to satisfy this itch for understanding, there must be some simpler explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMan65
    Regarding Dbol (as an example): " .....But it's derived from testosterone like mentioned(hence its heavy aromatization)... " -nach 3 "BigMan basically all steroids are derivatives of testosterone like 3863 referenced, with their chemical pathways altered for a desired effect. With dbol it's at 17th carbon position where it's altered to allow it to pass through the liver. " -kelkel I just dont understand what it means that certain steroids (again, dbol as an example) are derived from testosterone, i wish there was some way of making myself understand this, it seems extremely interesting perhaps ill have to become a doctor to satisfy this itch for understanding, there must be some simpler explanation.
    Some steroids are derived from testosterone means that....
    A chemist starts out with testosterone and chemically modifies it so it is now a slightly different molecule. Thus the new molecule is no longer testosterone but is a molecule similar to testosterone. The differences result in the new molecule acting differently in the body.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan65 View Post
    " .....But it's derived from testosterone like mentioned(hence its heavy aromatization)... " -nach 3

"BigMan basically all steroids are derivatives of testosterone like 3863 referenced, with their chemical pathways altered for a desired effect. With dbol it's at 17th carbon position where it's altered to allow it to pass through the liver. " -kelkel

I just dont understand what it means that certain steroids (again, dbol as an example) are derived from testosterone, i wish there was some way of making myself understand this, it seems extremely interesting

perhaps ill have to become a doctor to satisfy this itch for understanding, there must be some simpler explanation.
    BigMan this should help(it's about esters but explains the molecular changes(carbon mostly, hydrogen atoms) changed at different positions(17th for d-Bol) etc

Testosterone Ester Report

Dihydrotestosterone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan65 View Post

You could take a chemistry class...

Thread Information