Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By BK3388
  • 3 Post By Joco71
  • 1 Post By Projectswole

Thread: Crossfit and AAS

BK3388 is offline New Member

Crossfit and AAS

So I've been reading up on a ton of articles and threads of info and havnt come across what I am looking for yet so I figured I'd just ask you guys.
    I do Crossfit and have been for over 3 years and just started taking test. A buddy of mine said it would be smart to stack and that no one just takes test. So my questions are, should I look into stacking? If so, what would you recommend? I'm not looking to bulk, cutting would be best.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Alta is offline Associate Member
    I'd stick with test. I'm a crossfit guy as well, and right now I'm on an 8 week prop/var cycle. In hindsight I would have just gone straight prop. The var is giving me some weird sides, and one of them is joint pain. It's definitely affecting movements like pull ups, snatches and thrusters. I've been eating NSAIDS which is probably even harder on the liver.

Test alone will help you cut if your diet is clean. Hell, a clean diet will help you cut without AAS. I ran a VERY tight diet for almost 12 weeks prior to cycle and really leaned out hitting the gym 4 days a week. Now I'm making some SERIOUS gains with a macro diet split properly for what I'm doing, prop at 150mg EOD, and 30mg var ED.

Probably going to try growth next fall, see how that goes.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BK3388
    So I've been reading up on a ton of articles and threads of info and havnt come across what I am looking for yet so I figured I'd just ask you guys. I do Crossfit and have been for over 3 years and just started taking test. A buddy of mine said it would be smart to stack and that no one just takes test. So my questions are, should I look into stacking? If so, what would you recommend? I'm not looking to bulk, cutting would be best.
    Doing a tes only cycle for your first couple of cycles is the smartest way to go and you will see great results. Stacking compounds comes later and it is necessary when increased dosages are needed for results. Stacking at your level is unnecessary and you will be taking to many compounds that you would have gotten the results from just Tes. Your buddies may mean well but don't listen to bro science, be the smart guy and come here for answers. If you look in the stickies you will see a thread by Austinite: how to plan and execute a successful first cycle. This is a great template to mimic and a lot of questions can be answered, take care.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BK3388 View Post
    So I've been reading up on a ton of articles and threads of info and havnt come across what I am looking for yet so I figured I'd just ask you guys.
    I do Crossfit and have been for over 3 years and just started taking test. A buddy of mine said it would be smart to stack and that no one just takes test. So my questions are, should I look into stacking? If so, what would you recommend? I'm not looking to bulk, cutting would be best.
    Your var is probably faked with winny and your dried out thats why the joints are hurting its pretty common with var. Its hard to get the real deal.

^^^^

I think you quoted the wrong post?

Var is definitely real, I just don't tolerate it well. Dropped my dosage for a week or so, will likely up it if my sides go away. Not sure yet.

Love the prop though. Like......I LOVE the prop lol

/junkie

BK3388 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Doing a tes only cycle for your first couple of cycles is the smartest way to go and you will see great results. Stacking compounds comes later and it is necessary when increased dosages are needed for results. Stacking at your level is unnecessary and you will be taking to many compounds that you would have gotten the results from just Tes. Your buddies may mean well but don't listen to bro science, be the smart guy and come here for answers. If you look in the stickies you will see a thread by Austinite: how to plan and execute a successful first cycle. This is a great template to mimic and a lot of questions can be answered, take care.
    Yea I know my buddy means well but he also doesn't cf. That's why I've signed up for this forum. As for that article, I already read it and it's helped with my first cycle a lot. I was planning on test only for the first 2-3 cycles. I'm just not sure what to stack with it when that time comes, if I do chose to in the first place.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Yea I know my buddy means well but he also doesn't cf. That's why I've signed up for this forum. As for that article, I already read it and it's helped with my first cycle a lot. I was planning on test only for the first 2-3 cycles. I'm just not sure what to stack with it when that time comes, if I do chose to in the first place.
    Welcome to the forum, BK! Buster gave you some solid advice. Stick with Test for now, then later down the road after a couple cycles (which will be over a year away assuming your 2 cycles are ~12 weeks long and your taking time on + PCT = time off), then you can worry about adding other compounds. Good luck!

MisterRogers is offline Junior Member
    test only and a good diet you will see great gains in all of your olympic lifts, and metcons will improve as well

michael30 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta View Post
    ^^^^

I think you quoted the wrong post?

Var is definitely real, I just don't tolerate it well. Dropped my dosage for a week or so, will likely up it if my sides go away. Not sure yet.

Love the prop though. Like......I LOVE the prop lol

/junkie
    Just curious did you test the anavar ? What brand is it? I'd bet money if you didn't personally test it yourself that what you have is winstrol . I've never heard of someone else complaining of joint pain on anavar. Not trying to be rude, I've just seen this happen to a lot of people.

Projectswole is offline New Member
    Ok so first off let's get to the real issue here. WHY THE HELL DO YOU DO CROSSFIT!...do you hate yourself that much? Please stop for your spines sake.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

symphonyofdreams is offline Junior Member
    For crossfit i can't imagine needing anything other than just test. mainly you just need something to improve recovery and maintain moderate lean mass at low body fat. Test is more than enough to accomplish this. adding in harsher drugs might actually decrease crossfit problems due to increased water weight, high blood pressure, extreme muscle pumps/ cramps etc.

Interesting. My blood pressure is all over the place as well. Thinking it might be compound #2 causing it.

I might drop the var completely, anyone see an issue with that? I have already tapered from 60mg to 20, will it shock anything if I dump it altogether and go straight prop? I need to get my blood pressure sorted here before I keep on.

As far as crossfit goes, I will say the back pumps are almost unbearable. Deadlift one day, kettle bell the next. I just about cried afterwards. Strength is through the roof, but f me my pumps hurt mid WOD.
    Last edited by Alta; 05-30-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Interesting. My blood pressure is all over the place as well. Thinking it might be compound #2 causing it.

I might drop the var completely, anyone see an issue with that? I have already tapered from 60mg to 20, will it shock anything if I dump it altogether and go straight prop? I need to get my blood pressure sorted here before I keep on.

As far as crossfit goes, I will say the back pumps are almost unbearable. Deadlift one day, kettle bell the next. I just about cried afterwards. Strength is through the roof, but f me my pumps hurt mid WOD.
    Are you taking AI???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Are you taking AI???
    Yes. Arimadex/hcg

Water doesn't seem to be a problem, but I have headaches.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is your blood pressure averaging and what is it when not on cycle. You can simply drop the Var and no issues will occur

symphonyofdreams is offline Junior Member

this is why orals are horrible for cross fit. i know guys that have taken tbol, dbol and anvar and couldn't even work manual labor jobs. the back pumps are nuts. stick to test if you are going for cross fit performance

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Quick question for the vets. I don't want to steal the thread but it does have somethi ng to do with the topic. I like bodybuilding and CF. I have done a test only cycle and stopped CF and just lifted weights.

Will the OP get the full benefits of the test only cycle just by doing CF? I am jw because I am thinking about song another test only cycle and also thinking about doing CF again. Thanks everyone. Sorry OP but I think the question will also help you know more info also. Thanks

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Would like to bump this don't wanna start a new thread about my question. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Quick question for the vets. I don't want to steal the thread but it does have somethi ng to do with the topic. I like bodybuilding and CF. I have done a test only cycle and stopped CF and just lifted weights.

Will the OP get the full benefits of the test only cycle just by doing CF? I am jw because I am thinking about song another test only cycle and also thinking about doing CF again. Thanks everyone. Sorry OP but I think the question will also help you know more info also. Thanks
    Before anyone can answer this question, we would need to know your goals. Will you be using the test to increase LBM as much as possible? Or will you be trying to maintain the muscle you have while cutting fat? Recomp? I think the 2 latter scenarios would be ideal for crossfit. I'm not saying you can't 'bulk' by just doing crossfit, but I wouldn't expect to see as much muscle gain compared to if you were strictly concentrating on lifting weights. Make sense?

vain is offline New Member
    Can anyone help me get into getting what I need.. I'm new to ths site and I'm wanting lots of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    Can anyone help me get into getting what I need.. I'm new to ths site and I'm wanting lots of gear.
    Sure can. I'll help you out. Send me an email @ dea.gov. Include what you wish to purchase, your full name, how much you want to spend, and an address to where I can deliver your package.

Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Vain.

1. This is not a source board. It is against the rules to ask for sources/discuss prices.

2. Please start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's in the future.

Again, welcome, and please take the time to look around and read up. Plenty of great information here.

btoma32 is offline New Member
    You like crossfit over regular weight lifting? I am new to this and not trying to go hijack your thread. just trying to figure out why I seem to be doing twice the work as other people but look half the size!

Quote Originally Posted by btoma32 View Post
    You like crossfit over regular weight lifting? I am new to this and not trying to go hijack your thread. just trying to figure out why I seem to be doing twice the work as other people but look half the size!
    If you are doing crossfit please stop now. Save yourself from injury and embarrassment in the gym.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    The girl cross fit crowd seem to be lean. Not sayin they can't there there by traditional weight training.

No sure I am as much a cross fit hater as some. It's a way. Could be used effectively as cross training technique.

Thread Information