lafitgirl is offline New Member

Winstrol duration

I started taking Winstrol and then stopped for a few days because I felt I was gaining weight and then decided to take it again. I then went on vacation and didn't take it for 5 days. I've read the duration for taking Winstrol is 6 weeks. Should I start the cycle over since there has been inconsistency in taking it or just add 10 days to make for the days I did not take it?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lafitgirl View Post
    I started taking Winstrol and then stopped for a few days because I felt I was gaining weight and then decided to take it again. I then went on vacation and didn't take it for 5 days. I've read the duration for taking Winstrol is 6 weeks. Should I start the cycle over since there has been inconsistency in taking it or just add 10 days to make for the days I did not take it?
    By your screen name, I'm assuming you're female? What are your goals for this cycle? Winstrol , like any other AAS, is designed to add lean body tissue, so of course you gained some weight. Some people use AAS to maintain their current LBM while reducing body fat, so it that is your goal and you were still adding a significant amount of weight, I would then look at your diet. Could you post it up for us?

I don't mean any offense, but from what you posted it doesn't sound like you planned this out very well. You've stopped twice now, which is going to throw your blood levels off which increases side effects. I'm sure some of our female members will chime in to help you out shortly. Welcome to the board, and good luck OP!

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    By your screen name, I'm assuming you're female? What are your goals for this cycle? Winstrol , like any other AAS, is designed to add lean body tissue, so of course you gained some weight. Some people use AAS to maintain their current LBM while reducing body fat, so it that is your goal and you were still adding a significant amount of weight, I would then look at your diet. Could you post it up for us?

I don't mean any offense, but from what you posted it doesn't sound like you planned this out very well. You've stopped twice now, which is going to throw your blood levels off which increases side effects. I'm sure some of our female members will chime in to help you out shortly. Welcome to the board, and good luck OP!
    Yes, I am a female. Perhaps, I didn't plan this out very well; however I haven't had any side effects as of yet. I'm on my 5th week of taking it, although there have been about 10 days total that I did not take it. So back to my original question - should I start the cycle over? or continue as if I'm approaching my 6th week but add an additional 10 days? As far as diet, its not completely on point, but I do eat healthy most of the time - if anything I'm not eating enough. My diet consists of fish, chicken, flank steak, veggies, sweet potatoes, egg whites. The usual boring foods most bikini competitors eat.
    Last edited by lafitgirl; 05-28-2015 at 11:30 AM.

edmondle is offline Junior Member
    Don't take any steroids if u didn't plan well, so no I reckon you should continue use steroids .

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but I think anyone who use AAS should respect the drug, it's not a joke especially for girl, u might get some serious side effect

Quote Originally Posted by edmondle View Post
    Don't take any steroids if u didn't plan well, so no I reckon you should continue use steroids .

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but I think anyone who use AAS should respect the drug, it's not a joke especially for girl, u might get some serious side effect
    You reckon I should or should not start my cycle over? If I continue as if approaching my 6th week and add the 10 days I missed I'm fine with that. How long do I need to then be off Winstrol before starting a new cycle over (this time better planned)? Appreciate your feedback.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    You reckon I should or should not start my cycle over? If I continue as if approaching my 6th week and add the 10 days I missed I'm fine with that. How long do I need to then be off Winstrol before starting a new cycle over (this time better planned)? Appreciate your feedback.
    What dose were you running? How many cycles have you run? Yes winny will cause some water retention in females(make sure your diet/training are on point

And b/c of it's half life, you should split it 5mgs every 12 hrs(for a total of 10mgs to start... And if no virilization issues than you can considering upping the dose by 5mgs at a time(I know GGR - GirlyGymRat(winny/primo) is logging her cycle in the "members cycles" section) along w/Bina(Anavar tho)

I think you should wait it out - plan it better - and go from there! Just my .02 as you don't want an interrupted cycle(it'll make it - not even worth it - imo) best of luck w/your journey!

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Yes, I am a female. Perhaps, I didn't plan this out very well; however I haven't had any side effects as of yet. I'm on my 5th week of taking it, although there have been about 10 days total that I did not take it. So back to my original question - should I start the cycle over? or continue as if I'm approaching my 6th week but add an additional 10 days? As far as diet, its not completely on point, but I do eat healthy most of the time - if anything I'm not eating enough. My diet consists of fish, chicken, flank steak, veggies, sweet potatoes, egg whites. The usual boring foods most bikini competitors eat.
    You are correct, I did not answer your question. My apologies. I agree with NACH. The extra weight you gained was more than likely due to the aromatization of the Winny. I also think you should abandon this cycle, regroup, then start again down the road with a better thought out plan that you can stick to. Good luck, lafitgirl!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would not start the cycle over. End it as planned and chalk it up to experience. When/if you decide to cycle again make sure you plan it out ( don't wing it) and try to keep your calendar clear so you can focus.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I would not start the cycle over. End it as planned and chalk it up to experience. When/if you decide to cycle again make sure you plan it out ( don't wing it) and try to keep your calendar clear so you can focus.
    No definitely not start it over, but stop, plan it out and make sure of no interruptions... Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    No definitely not start it over, but stop, plan it out and make sure of no interruptions... Best of luck
    6 or 1/2 dozen......a week isn't going to make any major impact.......but adding another 10 days on top of that in unnecessary. Let's not scare the poor girl into thinking it's arsenic....lol

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to discontinue this cycle and plan better for the next time. How long should I wait before I start the next cycle - 2 months?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    How long were you on cycle of all AAS? I've seen time on = time off. I also know others don't always follow this...

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    6 or 1/2 dozen......a week isn't going to make any major impact.......but adding another 10 days on top of that in unnecessary. Let's not scare the poor girl into thinking it's arsenic....lol
    No reason to think what you did was horrible - just now you know how to plan better for the future! I'm just saying that w/this being a learning experience now you know how to set your cycle up correctly & have a much more successful cycle next time around!

Water retention is known in females using AAS(anavar and winny both) but can be very easily managed!

Quote Originally Posted by lafitgirl
    Thank you for your reply. I'm going to discontinue this cycle and plan better for the next time. How long should I wait before I start the next cycle - 2 months?
    As GGR stated : time on equals time off but if your not ready to cycle at that point then don't, wait until you can commit to it .

Also. I am liking the lower dose longer duration for gals. Although am struggling with my own cycle bc got some fake winny.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Also. I am liking the lower dose longer duration for gals. Although am struggling with my own cycle bc got some fake winny.
    Thank you for your response. I was on for 6 weeks, so I'll wait 6 weeks and be sure to plan better next time around. I was taking 20mg a day. 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening (12 hours apart). I have no crazy side effects other than water retention. How do you know you got fake winny?

Quote Originally Posted by lafitgirl
    Thank you for your response. I was on for 6 weeks, so I'll wait 6 weeks and be sure to plan better next time around. I was taking 20mg a day. 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening (12 hours apart). I have no crazy side effects other than water retention. How do you know you got fake winny?
    I have no sides. Nothing except minor H2O RETENTION primarily in legs. last night I did a cycle class and this morning my legs looked thin again. I dump a lot of water during a cycle class. A lot of water.

I did not get it tested. So really it is just speculation. I have switched my cycle out and removed winny. Going to order injectable winny and give it a whirl!

Thread Information