using the same needle tip

Is it ok to use the same needle tip to fill your syringe with over and over? As long as you aren't using it to shoot.

I do this so the needle I use to shoot with isn't dull.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    You could that, but I would be more concerned about having the "filling" needle in contact with the air for too long - all sorts of bacteria & shit floating around.

so should I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by Vibrantred94gt
    so should I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol?
    soak it in rubbing alcohol. how else are you going to get the inside of the needle ??

is money an issue ?? sterile needles aren't that expensive.

Ok, I will just use a new needle. The thing is I just got a whole box of 23 gauge 1 inch and I will have a lot of extra tubes laying around, that I suppose will be no good because they will be exposed to air as well.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by Vibrantred94gt
    Ok, I will just use a new needle. The thing is I just got a whole box of 23 gauge 1 inch and I will have a lot of extra tubes laying around, that I suppose will be no good because they will be exposed to air as well.
    i just wouldn't like the bacteria crawling around on the leftove juice that's sittin in the needle after you've stuck yourself. an empty syringe, you could just take the needle off and stick it back in the wrapper ??

The needle I would draw with would not be used to stick myself.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Just use a new needle everytime you draw bro... they are so cheap there is no reason not to- especially when it's your health we're talking about.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Lift Chief
    Just use a new needle everytime you draw bro... they are so cheap there is no reason not to- especially when it's your health we're talking about.
    They are way too cheap to buy not to use a new ones... also over time the needle gets very dull and you have to push harder to get through the vial. I would be afraid I'd rip the rubber or something like that.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    You soak up rubbing alcohol into your needles? Ive heard of rubbing down the injection site and vial tops but soaking it up into the needle before hand ???

nuff said!!

New needles it is.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by bermich
    You soak up rubbing alcohol into your needles? Ive heard of rubbing down the injection site and vial tops but soaking it up into the needle before hand ???
    no no no.....not even close. i was just saying that if he wanted to re-use the needle, he could soak the used needle that he used to fill the syringe in rubbing alcohol until it's time for next injection. the pull it out of the cup of alcohol, let it try, and then re-use.

but all that's a waste of time. was just thinking of ways to help him out.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    People do some pretty scarey shit out there with needles. I mean just cause I use the same needle for shooting up crack as I do with my AAS it is different. Its the whole vein no vein thing. I gotta remember which one is not supposed to go up in a vein. It gets so confusing. I think I am gonna invent a NEEDLE RESHARPENING KIT for those whom have grown fond of their needle.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    You're taking a risk by using the same needle. Even if you soak it in alcohol, it may cause problems. Unless you make an effort to pull the alcohol into the needle and to clear it out thoroughly, there are chances that you may eventually contaminate your vial of AS.

There are times to be cheap, and there are times to spend money. This is one of the times you should spend money. Needles do not cost much at all.

Thread Information