• 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: Question on HCG and PCT

earthling is offline New Member

Question on HCG and PCT

Hi everyone,
    I'm about to start my first cycle as follows:

Hi All,
    This is my second post after having used all the constructive criticism received on the first drafted cycle in order to come up with this one.
    Quick background check:

Stats
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 230lbs 16~18% BF
    Training experience: Well over 10 years
    Blood work: Precycle done. Planned another one half way through, and around two weeks after PCT
    Cycle experience: Ran var only a couple of times. It was stupid but had no impact (blood work confirmed it)

Cycle
    - Test P 100mg EOD W1-8 (and possibly extend to W10 if everything goes alright)
    - HCG 250ius twice a week W1-8 (Same day as Test, just a different shot)
    - Anavar 60mg ED W3-8 (and possibly extend to W10 if everything goes alright)
    - Arimidex 0.5mg EOD W1-8

PCT
    - Starts 3 days after last Test P shot
    - Clomid 100/50/50/50
    - Nolva 40/40/20/20
    - Additionally, I will run a test booster like animal test for 6 straights weeks starting from day 1 of the PCT

The reason why I'm running Test P is to have a shorter ester and be able to control things if they go wrong. I know pinning EOD will be a pain that I'll have to endure

Any criticism on the PCT? I also wonder about libido during PCT and how fast is it going to recover (in case a situations calls for it, whats your tip on getting that wood up?)

Now my last questions on HCG
    I have found HCG 5000 iu. The plan is to mix it with 5ml bacteriostatic water where 0.25cc will be equivalent to that 250 iu (I will use insulin syringe to accurately measure the 0.25)
    - What I have found in my market as water for injection is called pyrogen free water for injection. Is this similar to the bacteriostatic water?
    - After extracting the 0.25 with an insulin syringe is it possible to inject it in the Test-P syringe and mix them together to avoid excess pinning? or do you advise that I pin HCG separately?

Thanks

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Without BW that dose of dex is kind of high for the amount of test you will be taking. I think you would be better off beginning with 0.25 mg EOD. You should give it a minimum of 6 weeks after PCT for BW. Eight weeks after would be better. There's no need to front load the nolva for two weeks. A test booster has no place in PCT. Your goal during PCT is to restart natural hormone production. It doesn't make any sense to suppress natural test production during this time. Libido during PCT is different for everyone. No one can definitively tell you how you will feel. It take me a few weeks after PCT until I'm my normal self. Sexual function is fine but the desire isn't strong.

Pryogen free water is basiclly sterile water that has a total dissolved solids content of less than 1 ppm. This will not work for for your application. You need either bacteriostatic water or injectable grade B12. You can inject hcg and test in the same syringe. 5000 IU diluted with 2 ml of water will give you 250 IU/0.1 ml. It can be difficult to load 0.1 ml into a syringe. I think you will be better off using a slin pin.

Avi3510 is offline Associate Member
    I would suggest only test for your first injectable cycle for multiple reasons. First, to clearly see how you respond, and to manage your e2 effectively which will help future cycles. And also, the theme around these forums is to take the absolute least amount that will yield results; if you think of it this way, if you start out at the top (not saying you are) but where do you go from there? Work your way up. I've talked to countless people who, some of which took orals only a few times as well, were more than happy with test only for first cycle. I'm sure others have already directed you to austinites database of links but if not check them out. And the one about the science of stacking. I will try and add the links.

The Science of Stacking Steroids

So there's those two articles. The stickies are loaded with others as well. Plus, numbere, I believe he said he was mixing his 5000 iu with 5 ml, not 2. That's what's suggested everywhere on here. Good to go. Hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi3510 View Post
    numbere, I believe he said he was mixing his 5000 iu with 5 ml, not 2. That's what's suggested everywhere on here. Good to go. Hope this helped.
    Good spot on the var. I missed that when I read his post. It's rather difficult to reconstitute a 5000 IU vial of hcg with 5 ml. Generally a 5000 IU vial of hcg will usually only hold 3 ml of water.

You could always put the hcg into a bigger vial so you could correctly mix it. I have to with mine, it comes in ampules which is a pain in the ass!

Thanks a lot for your responses. The only reason why I wanted to throw in var is because I have tried it in an oral-only cycle and was happy with it, hence I thought it would be ok to stack it with Test. I'm still thinking in the same direction that everyone is giving, which is to go for test only.
    Speaking of which, do you think 100mg EOD is good? or should I up that to 500 a week? and is running it for 8 weeks too little?

I have read in multiple threads on mixing 5000 IU vial with 2ml. makes it easier to count for 0.1 using insulin syringe. The problem is, I can't find bacteriostatic water where I am. Only the pyrogen free water..

I can't speak on the other parts because I don't have the experience. But, bacteriostatic water . Com All one word, I only put in spaces so it would post on here

Quote Originally Posted by Avi3510 View Post
    You could always put the hcg into a bigger vial so you could correctly mix it. I have to with mine, it comes in ampules which is a pain in the ass!
    If the hcg were in an amp then I could understand why you would transfer it into a vial for reconstitution. However, if it already comes in a vial then transferring it into a larger vial makes no sense. OP should just add 2 ml of bac water. This is clearly the most logical route.

Quote Originally Posted by earthling View Post
    Speaking of which, do you think 100mg EOD is good? or should I up that to 500 a week? and is running it for 8 weeks too little?

I have read in multiple threads on mixing 5000 IU vial with 2ml. makes it easier to count for 0.1 using insulin syringe. The problem is, I can't find bacteriostatic water where I am. Only the pyrogen free water..
    This is your first cycle so anywhere between 100-150 mg/EOD will be sufficient, 500 mg/week of test p is definitely over kill for a first cycle. The propionate ester is smaller than the enanthate or cypionate ester. This means you will get more mg of test per ml of prop than the other two.

Bac water isn't that difficult to find. Try the site that Avl provided.

Gents,
    I'm still looking for the BW but it seems hard. however, I have found Lidocaine HCl 1%. does it work with hCG instead of Bac water?
    Last edited by earthling; 06-18-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Gents,
    I'm still looking for the BW but it seems hard. however, I have found Lidocaine HCl 1%. does it work with hCG instead of BW?
    first off... BW=bloodwork
    bac water= bacteriostatic water

Just google bacteriostatic water and click on shopping... plenty of places to buy it.
    earthling likes this.

Hi everyone,
    once again another question on HCG . Does it make any difference to inject 250 iu twice a week, or 500 iu every 5 days?

Bump.

I was wondering if there are any benefits of taking it twice a week, or just once will do, and if 500 at a time will be too much that might desensitize the leydig cells.

The reason why I thought of 500 iu every 5 days is because I can't seem to find bac water at all, nor benzyl alcohol to make my own. My best bet is to use the solvent that comes with it, which is 1mL containing 0.9% sodium chloride. I was thinking of mixing this, and preload slin syringes and freeze to keep it bacteria free. (I read few reports that mentioned freezing doesn't make HCG lose its potency).

The other alternative I'm thinking of is to add 1mL of pyrogen free water to the solvent. Now I'll have 5000 iu in 2mL, then load the slin syringes (where each contains 250 iu) and freeze them. This should still protect the HCG from bacteria, no?

Bump.

I was wondering if there are any benefits of taking it twice a week, or just once will do, and if 500 at a time will be too much that might desensitize the leydig cells.

The reason why I thought of 500 iu every 5 days is because I can't seem to find bac water at all, nor benzyl alcohol to make my own. My best bet is to use the solvent that comes with it, which is 1mL containing 0.9% sodium chloride. I was thinking of mixing this, and preload slin syringes and freeze to keep it bacteria free. (I read few reports that mentioned freezing doesn't make HCG lose its potency).

The other alternative I'm thinking of is to add 1mL of pyrogen free water to the solvent. Now I'll have 5000 iu in 2mL, then load the slin syringes (where each contains 250 iu) and freeze them. This should still protect the HCG from bacteria, no?
    Taking hcg twice per week will make serum levels more stable because hcg has a terminal half life of about 24 hours. Taking 500 IU of hac at one time shouldn't desensitize leydig cells, but that is a less than ideal dosing strategy.

Your proposed hcg routine may work. However, it's really not worth the risk of an infection. You'e going to devote a lot of time and money toward this cycle. Getting hospitalized for a skin infection would be a total bummer. If you can source hcg than I'm sure you can source bac water if you look hard enough. I feel that if you are going to commit yourself to a cycle then you might as well do it correctly.

I have seriously looked everywhere including hospitals and couldn't find any. I even looked for other antibiotics that are associated with solvents in a separate ampule hoping I'd find any with Bac Water to use but no luck

Is the sterile water with 0.9% sodium chloride that comes with HCG of the same effect of Bac Water? or is it similar to that of pyrogen free water?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have seriously looked everywhere including hospitals and couldn't find any. I even looked for other antibiotics that are associated with solvents in a separate ampule hoping I'd find any with Bac Water to use but no luck

Is the sterile water with 0.9% sodium chloride that comes with HCG of the same effect of Bac Water? or is it similar to that of pyrogen free water?
    No, no no. If you use the 0.9% sodium chloride that comes with it your HCG will only be good for a few days at best. Throw that stuff away and get some Bac Water so it's good for over 30 days.

Sodium chloride water is closer to pyrogen free water than bac water. Both are finely filtered and endotoxin free. Sodium chloride water is mostly used for single injection. Pyrogen free water is routinely used for preparing a device that will be in contact with animals or tissue cultures.

Bac water isn't difficult to find. Even if you are outside of the US.

All I get are exclamation marks even when I check in hospitals. It's not just that they don't sell it here they don't even know it exists and I have to explain what Bac water is.

I think my options are limited to either skip HCG altogether, or go with either the solvent that comes with it or pyrogen free. which one should I pick? In the latter cases I will be freezing the slin syringes to make it stay as sterile as possible and will limit it's use for 30 days and then will buy a new one

btw if I'm going to use the sodium chloride water then I can only make 500 iu a shot

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    I googled and found this http://bacteriostaticwater.com

All I get are exclamation marks even when I check in hospitals. It's not just that they don't sell it here they don't even know it exists and I have to explain what Bac water is.

I think my options are limited to either skip HCG altogether, or go with either the solvent that comes with it or pyrogen free. which one should I pick? In the latter cases I will be freezing the slin syringes to make it stay as sterile as possible and will limit it's use for 30 days and then will buy a new one

btw if I'm going to use the sodium chloride water then I can only make 500 iu a shot
    I only give advise, what you do with that advise is completely your decision. I wouldn't cycle without hcg and I would only reconstituted hcg for storage with bac water.
    earthling likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdil511 View Post
    I googled and found this Bacteriostatic Water
    ^^^^ There you go and there are several other places even ebay lol
    You need to be a little creative with your search sometimes.

Thread Information