• 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By Juced_porkchop
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: high testosterone 1000mg and fertility

BigGuns89 is offline Junior Member

high testosterone 1000mg and fertility

ok... i dont know if this is going to sound crazy but i just read a few posts about taking high amounts of exo test actually boosting fertility.

just thought id raise the subject for debate or someone who knows more.

to me taking aas shuts you down therefor makes you infertile apart from some guys who have very high sperm count to start with.

i read that taking 1g+ of test per week was better than trt levels of 200mg with hcg for fertility.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    hcg alone would better than test for fertility that Is its medical use

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns89 View Post

i read that taking 1g+ of test per week was better than trt levels of 200mg with hcg for fertility.
    Yep I would have to dig for them but there are several studies that show high fertility is supported with high doses of testosterone .

Yes I'm going to check where I read it when I get home and I'll post what I find. Could be that high levels of test is better than hcg ... something to do with higher saturation of the testosterone in the testes

I could be totally wrong but...
    High test is going to cause low fertility.

Wether you are on 200mg/week or 1000mg/week, taking exogenous test is going to lower fertility.

Please provide some research if you know of some medical study showing otherwise.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I could be totally wrong but...
    High test is going to cause low fertility.

Wether you are on 200mg/week or 1000mg/week, taking exogenous test is going to lower fertility.

Please provide some research if you know of some medical study showing otherwise.
    How? Shut down is shut down - your just on a higher dose! If you have any studies I'd love to see em!

I agree that HCG and HMG or clomid are the best chances for staying fertile and increasing fertility! HMG mimics FSH as HCG mimics LH so in a perfect world that's what I'd run on cycle(as increased FSH(or mimicked) will help produce spermatozoa/ & LH will keep your testes functional(& stimulates your leydig cells) so w/both your mimicking your HPTA(LH/FSH) at the same time -
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-26-2015 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    How? Shut down is shut down - your just on a higher dose! If you have any studies I'd love to see em! I agree that HCG and HMG or clomid are the best chances for staying fertile and increasing fertility! HMG mimics FSH as HCG mimics LH so in a perfect world that's what I'd run on cycle(as increased FSH(or mimicked) will help produce spermatozoa/ & LH will keep your testes functional(& stimulates your leydig cells) so w/both your mimicking your HPTA(LH/FSH) at the same time -
    Just to clarify...
    The people above me are saying taking test increases your fertility.
    I am saying that taking test decreases your fertility.

I believe that using hCG increases fertility. I believe using hMG increase fertility much better than hCG.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Just to clarify...
    The people above me are saying taking test increases your fertility.
    I am saying that taking test decreases your fertility.

I believe that using hCG increases fertility. I believe using hMG increase fertility much better than hCG.
    Yes indeed DLD! I am in total agreement w/that statement - same thing I was trying to convey to the OP!

I've never heard of 1g + of test(or any exogenous test) being helpful in fertility - if anything dose and duration could negatively impact your fertility
    Last edited by NACH3; 07-01-2015 at 04:04 AM.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyPlease? View Post
    Yep I would have to dig for them but there are several studies that show high fertility is supported with high doses of testosterone.
    If you can find one damn study that supports this ludicrous statement I will be EXTREMELY surprised.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    If you can find one damn study that supports this ludicrous statement I will be EXTREMELY surprised.

There are studies floating around this very forum but I cannot find them at the moment. This is just what I turned up from 5 seconds of googling but give me sometime to find more relevant ones.

Higher testosterone dose impairs sperm suppression induced by a combined androgen-progestin regimen. - PubMed - NCBI

that study says test dose not increase fertility either way hcg , hmg or clomid would be the way to go if fertility is the goal

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    that study says test dose not increase fertility either way hcg , hmg or clomid would be the way to go if fertility is the goal
    You must be referring to a different one than I linked. The study I linked says this: "These data suggest that high testosterone levels can maintain sperm production in men."

yea but he is not looking to maintain he is looking to boost, I can tell you from experience with using test without hcg iv seen sperm volume decrease

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    yea but he is not looking to maintain he is looking to boost, I can tell you from experience with using test without hcg iv seen sperm volume decrease
    okay just to be clear I am not saying that higher doses increase sperm production, just that I read some studies that show very high doses actually can support sperm production

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    okay just to be clear I am not saying that higher doses increase sperm production, just that I read some studies that show very high doses actually can support sperm production
    That is what your saying though in different words(boost/support) close enough.... But HCG HMG and clomid are proven to boost fertility better than anything else at this time(depending on the individual and his needs) either - or a combo of them will be the best way...
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-26-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    That is what your saying though in different words(boost/support) close enough.... But HCG HMG and clomid are proven to boost fertility better than anything else at this time(depending on the individual and his needs) either - or a combo of them will be the best way...
    Actually my words were "support" and "maintain." NOT the same thing as boost. What is this "close enough" lol.

I am not arguing that high doses of testosterone are any where close to as effective as HCG , HMG, or clomid.

EDIT: I wondered why you guys kept bringing up HCG. I did not realize the OP said high doses of test were better than TRT doses WITH HCG. The HCG part I missed.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Taking test will decrease fertility period.

Im not suggesting that testosterone at trt level or at 500mg, 1000mg+ a week is better than hcg , clomid or other proven fertility treatments. just that i read high levels of test such as 1000mg a week is better for sperm than low levels of exo test such as 200mg per week, something to do with how much of the test actually bathes the testes, i did read though however that this method could be better than the trt test of 200mg per week including hcg, im not saying that it is better than just hcg alone or clomid etc.

apologies for the late reply and i am still trying to find the message i seen but i have seen a few about, regarding a guy who aparantly did a study on this

my view was always that test or any aas will shut you down thus rendering you infertile

right luckily after going through my history i found some of the info...

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...u-fertile.html

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...fertility.html

Bump

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OK guys your missing part of the equation. He said more sperm production. We considering most guys on test want sex more often thus ejaculating more so the body produces more sperm to keep up vs if you only ejaculate once every other day or so. As for getting someone pregnant multiple times a day of intercourse of course you have a better chance than a couple times a week trying to get it at the right time to conceive.

I dont think it's really about fertility as in sperm count but more about volume.

im going to try a sperm test mid cycle of 500ml test e every 3.5 days and see where im at, only way to see i guess. i mean gear shut down the signals from the brain which mature and make sperm etc and we know that test and especially other aas like the 19nors will shut u down and basically be a contraceptive in most cases. my theory or my question is just that perhaps the very high dose of test will help at least thats what im reading but its not clear cut evidence and is widely debated. for this reason i decided to do test only cycle and will see what effect it has on sperm. happy to debate this further and of course in a couple months ill update with my results.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Please keep up updated on your EXP! Good luck on cycle! : ) . then i would rec a 1g/wk cycle and then a 200mg ew cycle with bloods for all. only way to see better picture on what your looking into
    BigGuns89 likes this.

FSH is not not needed for spermatogenesis to occur. What is needed are intratesticular concentrations of testosterone which high levels of exogenous testosterone can provide.

and I will say it again....

I am not arguing that high levels of exogenous testosterone can increase fertility, just that they can maintain it.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    FSH is not not needed for spermatogenesis to occur. What is needed are intratesticular concentrations of testosterone which high levels of exogenous testosterone can provide.
    Both FSH and adequate testosterone levels are needed for spermatogenesis. They teach this in college physiology, and the first link you posted states it clearly at the end of the first paragraph.
    So yes, a large shot of exogenous test will boost fertility temporarily, until the negative feedback loop shuts off FSH production.
    You could also use HMG to counteract that last problem.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 06-30-2015 at 08:14 PM.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Both FSH and adequate testosterone levels are needed for spermatogenesis. They teach this in college physiology, and the first link you posted states it clearly at the end of the first paragraph.
    So yes, a large shot of exogenous test will boost fertility temporarily, until the negative feedback loop shuts off FSH production.
    You could also use HMG to counteract that last problem.
    You are misinterpreting it. The first paragraph says that FSH has a role in induction and maintenance. NOT that it is REQUIRED.

I am very well aware of what they teach in physiology classes thank you. Even if I wasn't that is a poor argument, unless you are asserting that everything a teacher tells you is correct?

I suggest spending more than 9 minutes reading and responding to the links I posted. Let it sink in and digest a little before responding.

Let me phrase a question that might help. Why is exogenous testosterone not considered an effective male contraceptive? Shouldn't spermatogenesis not continue once " the negative feedback loop shuts off FSH."

You are misinterpreting it. The first paragraph says that FSH has a role in induction and maintenance. NOT that it is REQUIRED.
    You're kinda splitting hairs here. Fine: for ideal healthy sperm production, you need both. I don't care if one or the other may maintain some degree of sperm production. What is your angle here, anyway? Are you advocating that we use 1,000 mg of testosterone alone when trying to conceive?

I am very well aware of what they teach in physiology classes thank you. Even if I wasn't that is a poor argument, unless you are asserting that everything a teacher tells you is correct?

I mentioned that to make evident that this commonly accepted fact in the medical/scientific community, and not something controversial that I am pulling out of my ass. And it was from a modern textbook, not the professor's mouth.

I suggest spending more than 9 minutes reading and responding to the links I posted. Let it sink in and digest a little before responding.

And I suggest that you stop getting so worked up and assume a more respectful tone (especially with staff members who have dedicated countless hours to helping members, and really don't appreciate being rudely told off by some random new member).
    Let me phrase a question that might help. Why is exogenous testosterone not considered an effective male contraceptive? Shouldn't spermatogenesis not continue once " the negative feedback loop shuts off FSH."
    It is an effective male contraceptive, for most.

Male hormonal contraception: suppression of spermatogenesis by injectable testosterone undecanoate alone or with levonorgestrel implants in chinese... - PubMed - NCBI
    Multicenter contraceptive efficacy trial of injectable testosterone undecanoate in Chinese men. - PubMed - NCBI

Granted, that was in Chinese men. Similar studies on caucasians found that testosterone was effective in around 80% of cases.
    And sperm count and motility do drop for everyone once gonadotropin levels plunge, though some still maintain a viable sperm count.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 06-30-2015 at 09:53 PM.
    lovbyts likes this.

Wow this is frustrating.... I feel like this is circular logic going on here. I make a statement, that statement is challenged, I provide support for my initial statement and then I am told that I am splitting hairs.

No angle here. Yes I am splitting hairs because that is what I am arguing. Never said that exogenous test was good for sperm production, simply that there are studies that show high levels of exogenous test support (maintain, preserve, conserve, retain, or whatever other synonym one would like) spermatogenesis. Not advocating anything other than the aforementioned position.

As for your comment about what they teach in college physiology. I took it as condescending because I have picked up on a "good ol boys" type feel around here and your following comment about me being "some random new member" reinforces that in my mind. Post count or join date is not a reflection of knowledge just for future reference.

Lastly, testosterone is, generally speaking, not regarded as an effective male contraceptive. It has and is being studied as such but is not currently used for said purpose.

Wow this is frustrating.... I feel like this is circular logic going on here. I make a statement, that statement is challenged, I provide support for my initial statement and then I am told that I am splitting hairs.

No angle here. Yes I am splitting hairs because that is what I am arguing. Never said that exogenous test was good for sperm production, simply that there are studies that show high levels of exogenous test support (maintain, preserve, conserve, retain, or whatever other synonym one would like) spermatogenesis. Not advocating anything other than the aforementioned position.

Fine. I'm not disagreeing with you on that point.

As for your comment about what they teach in college physiology. I took it as condescending because I have picked up on a "good ol boys" type feel around here and your following comment about me being "some random new member" reinforces that in my mind. Post count or join date is not a reflection of knowledge just for future reference.

No shit. "VET" is an earned title/rank here. It has nothing to do with post count.
    And we likely have less "good ol' boy" stuff here than any other BBing/AAS site.

Lastly, testosterone is, generally speaking, not regarded as an effective male contraceptive. It has and is being studied as such but is not currently used for said purpose.

That doesn't mean that it is ineffective as such, but that there are dozens of other reasons why doctors won't just start handing out 300 mg/week of test to any guy who asks for it.
    bold.

bold.
    As for VET status I was not discounting the knowledge of those who are VETS, only pointing out that just because someone does not have a title does it mean they are any less knowledgeable.

As for the last part in bold. I agree.

Moral of the story: 1000mg testosterone trumps clomid, HMG and HCG for fertility....

j/k

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No shit. "VET" is an earned title/rank here. It has nothing to do with post count.
    And we likely have less "good ol' boy" stuff here than any other BBing/AAS site.
    I'm living proof of this. ^^^^^

As for VET status I was not discounting the knowledge of those who are VETS, only pointing out that just because someone does not have a title does it mean they are any less knowledgeable.

As for the last part in bold. I agree.
    YES, or at least it means they have not been proven or acknowledged by those in charge as more or less knowledgeable. It's easy to cut and paste information or regurgitate something you have been told or heard but it's another thing to be able to actually use the information properly.

I consider myself quite knowledgeable about many things such as certain automotive subjects but I will be dammed if I am going to join a forum and start arguing with members or staff trying to prove myself. My parents taught me differently. When you are new somewhere you shut up, listen and learn even if you dont agree with everything until you are established and then start making suggestions or supporting your beliefs. Hopefully you will also be open minded enough to learn and accept some of their ideas but if not and you strongly disagree then maybe it's not a good place for you to try to fit in? Thats just my .02 and what Ive learned in life.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-01-2015 at 01:11 AM.

i thought this thread might cause some 'healthy' debate !

i know that normal test at 200 - 500 mg a week has a negative effect on sperm, but theres debate to be had that high test only cycles such as 1000mg + a week could provide a positive effect

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns89 View Post
    i thought this thread might cause some 'healthy' debate !

i know that normal test at 200 - 500 mg a week has a negative effect on sperm, but theres debate to be had that high test only cycles such as 1000mg + a week could provide a positive effect
    no debate too me... its a bad idea. MAYBE JUST MAYBE a singe high dose then trying to have baby the weeks following,,, but even this i would not rec tbh

Thread Information