Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VAgym

Thread: UK laws

VAgym is offline Junior Member

UK laws

UK members - Seeking insight on current laws

I live in the "States" and will be moving to the UK soon. I know that prior to 2012 you could mail order into the UK. Now, as I understand personal possession or carrying them into the country is still considered legal. First, is that correct? Second, I still see numerous UK mail order sites. Can you still mail order once there or is this now heavily cracked down on? It seems that if you get caught with mail order that the penalty is enforced. Any additional considerations for understanding would be helpful.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    CHANGES TO UK STEROID LAW AS OF 23 APRIL 2012

Import restrictions are now in place for all steroids and image-enhancing drugs covered by the Misuse of Drugs Act (1971). Following advice from the ACMD, anyone wishing to import these drugs from outside the UK will have to do so in person (“personal custody”). It will no longer be permitted to buy steroids and associated drugs from outside the UK, through internet and mail order sites and have the products delivered

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    What marcus said ^^ but the police don't even know the laws they are supposed to uphold. On one hand they say it's a class c so you can be charged then on the other hand they say it's ok as long as it's for personal use.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Also confirming that Marcus is correct. I looked at the textual changes in the Misuse of Drugs Act that occurred prior to the olympics, and you can now only import in person (so carry in with you), and only an amount that is for personal use. The exact amount is not stated in the Act, but it is widely assumed that personal use is a 90 day supply or less. If you have more, it may well be determined that there is an intent to distribute, and that's obvious a serious matter. It is illegal to sell.

You would more or less be subject to the vagaries of the people who find you importing as to what their impression is about the amount you have.

Yes, you can buy online, it's relatively common, but illegal, so if you are someone that has to be extra careful (like an immigrant on a visa), you might want to be careful lest they find you and chuck you out.

There is a charity that advises people on drugs law, you can find all sorts of info on their website and they are good a resource. I think you can also questions and their solicitors will help answer: release.org.uk

Thanks for the input. The challenge in the US is that you cannot posses so leaving with it presents a challenge on this end. I am a UK passport holder as well. So typically if ordered and found what generally transpires? In the US there was just seizure the first time if from an international source. Though I have domestic now, which works great HERE.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    AAS are category C, so that is 2 years plus a fine - according to the Misuse of Drugs Act. I have no idea in practice whether your stuff would just get seized or whether someone would come looking for you. Maybe someone else in the UK has ordered and had something happen?

In general, it's so much smaller here, that if they want to enforce things, they can do so with far more efficacy than big places like the US, but whether they choose to do this is another matter, and I don't know.

Thanks all! Problem solved with script to carry.
    william981125 likes this.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Just chuck them in your main suitcase/luggage you will be fine

Thread Information