Korilon is offline New Member

Cardio while on a cycle?

Hi all

I was just wondering if it is a good Idea to do some cardio while on a cycle.

I have a bit of fat I want to get rid of. my goal is to eventually get to 10%bf or less. Currently at 14% or so.

Should I wait till after because of the water retention? Does 20 mins of cardio ever other day eat up the muscle?

Thanks in advanced for any help

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    IMO you should either cut or bulk, because "Most" ppl can't do both at the same time effectively.
    If your trying to gain mass I would suggest not doing alot of cardio.
    In your situation 2 times a week for 40mins would be ok. 3 times max.
    What kind of AS are u using?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I still do cardio and I'm on a cycle. I think it helped me keep most of the bloat down and keep my bf lower while I'm taking in all those EXTRA cals. Plus I think it's a good idea to keep your cardiovascular system in shape anyway.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

I dont see the big deal with it

Everyone acts like doing cardio while on cycle is a sin or something but in reality i dont think medium paced walking 45 minutes first thing in the morning 4-5 times a week will hinder your gains any. In fact I will do cardio year round from here on out just to keep my bodyfat in check. Cardio really jumps my day to nutritional perfection off right. If i dont do cardio I feel like i wasted the day so from now on I just do it. Peace Bro if you dont feel like your gaining enough mass the hell with cardio

Pheedno is offline Respected Member

Re: I dont see the big deal with it

Originally posted by FKITLETSGO
    Everyone acts like doing cardio while on cycle is a sin or something but in reality i dont think medium paced walking 45 minutes first thing in the morning 4-5 times a week will hinder your gains any.
    I agree. Not only does it help in maintaining a lean body while bulking, it also boosts the metabolism so you can eat more and maintain leaness,

I will be doing cardio first thing in the mroning for the rest of my days. It's to the point now that I feel sluggish if it's skipped/

Cutting, I add another session post workout

dangit is offline Member
    I used to think cardio was suppose to be this crazy all out session were I would push myself to the limit and really get a burn.

That kind of thinking is good for someone who doesn't care about building too much muscle, but for me, I like doing very light cardio first thing in the morning or right after my workout.

I don't think it hinders your gains much if you just stick to light treadmill walking or slow cycling. Just make sure your heartrate isn't up too high and you shouldn't have to worry about burning off too much muscle.

Wow Great responses!!

you guys are amazing!!

MBaraso I'm doing Sustanol 250 twice a week. Just started last night.

I'm doing the 8 day split workout supplied on this site. I was planning on doing a bit of cardio and abs on my rest days. I usually do teh 20 mins Body for life cardio.

I start at 4mph and build to 8mph then back to 4 then build to 8 and so on for 20 mins. Is this too much?
    Last edited by Korilon; 06-24-2003 at 10:38 AM.

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    When I bulk I usually do sprints instead of cardio. I've found in my experience that sprints helped me BUILD muscle in my legs while keeping my bf relatively low.

Question for you guys, I thought when cutting, you can pretty much do as much cardio as you want as long as you got some juice in you. Won't it hold on to your muscle for ya. I'm not talking about 2 hours a day on the treadmill, but like 30 minutes at 6 mph or something around that.

How do these sprints work?

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member

sprint question

Basically, I was a football guy my entire life. Sprints were a HUGE part of training for the season. I always noticed how much bigger my legs got by the end of the season. So I basically started working sprints into my routines. I've noticed though that it doesn't feel you are in a catabolic state, like you do after running. You feel pumped, strong, and ready to roar. This is what I currently do.

Jog 0.25 mile as a warm up
    Stretch REAL well
    Run two 40 yard sprints at 75% (this is to see how your legs feel, if you are tight, you might need to do a few more or stretch more)
    Then I'll run a dozen 50 yard dashes with about 45 second rest inbetween.
    Now, after doing sprints for a while, I run about 20 every morning with a 20-30 second rest. I'm telling ya, I swear by these sprints. It'll get you ripped AND it's a lot quicker than doing cardio. Not to mention, if you are an athlete, your speed will improve tremendously. PM me if you got any more questions.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    cardio increases the amount of calories that u need everyday !

This sucks cause I want to be more ripped for the summer while adding mass

Why does Life have to do this to us?????

How about this for an alternative to cardi to loose the fat.

Would products like Lean system 7, Thermolean, Stacker affect the AS?

Would it impeede muscle tissue groath?

or is it a good thing to use while on a cycle?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Korilon
    How about this for an alternative to cardi to loose the fat.

Would products like Lean system 7, Thermolean, Stacker affect the AS?

Would it impeede muscle tissue groath?

or is it a good thing to use while on a cycle?

No these products will not take the place of cardio and a good diet. Cardio burns calories that doesn't mean you need to replace them. There's no way you can bulk and be ripped at the same time no matter what you will put on some fat in the process. I like doing cardio so that the extra weight I put on isn't a lot of fat because when it comes time to start shedding the fat the more I have the harder it is to do.

Do the cardio, eat clean, and train hard. If you see that your gaining too much fat then up the cardio or lower the cals it's that simple. You can also add in a ECA or one of the products you listed to help.

Cool

I won't stop my cardio then but I think i will add some sorta fat burner for that extra step since it is summer after all :-P

Thread Information