Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clarky.

Thread: Cut before, during or after cycle?

n1x0n is offline Junior Member

Cut before, during or after cycle?

Hello fellow members! I'm planning a 14-16 week cycle with test e with a dbol kickstart. It will be my second cycle and I'm not near my genetic max as I see it.

This is how it will look like:

Week 1-5
    Dbol 40mg ed

Week 1-14(16)
    Test E 250mg e3.5d
    HCG 250ui e3.5d (continues to 3 day before pct)
    Adex 0.25mg eod (continues to 3 days before pct)

PCT
    Nolva 40/20/20/20
    Clomid 75/50/50/25

I'm going to measure body fat next month before I start cycling but I have 4 barely visible abs now so maybe 16-18% or something like that? The main thing is that I need a cut sometime between now and start of summer.

I'm having a hard time to decide when to do the cut. I have three alternatives as I see it:

1. Cut before I start the cycle. Then I need to postpone the cycle cause I will need 2-3 months or something to get to a reasonable shape and then do a lean bulk until summer + during the cycle.

2. Cut during cycle for aproxamitly 2-3 months and then eat at maintenance/slow bulk during rest of cycle and until summer.

3. Eat at maintenance during the cycle and try and recomp the best as I can and then do a little cut before summer. I will be done with pct in the middle of February so the cut will have to start 2-3 months after that in april-may sometime.

I need advice from experienced people in how to best approach this.

If you need additional information I will be happy to give it.

Later dudes and dudettes!
    Last edited by n1x0n; 08-03-2015 at 01:19 PM.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    #1 has my vote. The problem I have with #2 is that, for me, I get most of my gains within the first 8-9 weeks of a cycle; after that, they're much slower. So, by waiting 2-3 months before you eat at a surplus to gain, you've really missed a great opportunity to capitalize on the time period where most of your gains will come. The problem with #3 is that recomp cycles are really only successful for experienced users. I'm not saying you wouldn't see results, as I've done it myself, but I have a feeling you won't be all that impressed. Bulk or cut; pick one.

So, yes, I would go with option #1, but remember something...this lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't rush things just because you want to look good for summer. If you're not happy with your body fat % by the time you planned on cycling, postpone it longer. Do things the right way, and you will reap more benefits in the long run. Your profile says you're 34, but what are your other stats? Height, weight, training history? Good luck, OP!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    #1 has my vote. The problem I have with #2 is that, for me, I get most of my gains within the first 8-9 weeks of a cycle; after that, they're much slower. So, by waiting 2-3 months before you eat at a surplus to gain, you've really missed a great opportunity to capitalize on the time period where most of your gains will come. The problem with #3 is that recomp cycles are really only successful for experienced users. I'm not saying you wouldn't see results, as I've done it myself, but I have a feeling you won't be all that impressed. Bulk or cut; pick one.

So, yes, I would go with option #1, but remember something...this lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't rush things just because you want to look good for summer. If you're not happy with your body fat % by the time you planned on cycling, postpone it longer. Do things the right way, and you will reap more benefits in the long run. Your profile says you're 34, but what are your other stats? Height, weight, training history? Good luck, OP!
    I also agree w/1... The lower your bf the more room for growth(think of your body like a sponge) it's all dried up waiting for you to 'feed'(like being soaked in water afterwards) eat big and clean & if your diet and training are on point you'll be much happier w/your results!

Your doing this the right way... You've got a good amount of time to get this right! Also, check out 'the prime before a cycle' by Marcus!

The Prime explained before cycling..

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Yip number 1.
    Euroholic likes this.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    #1 for me too

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    #1 is the way to go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n1x0n View Post
    Hello fellow members! I'm planning a 14-16 week cycle with test e with a dbol kickstart. It will be my second cycle and I'm not near my genetic max as I see it.

This is how it will look like:

Week 1-5
    Dbol 40mg ed

Week 1-14(16)
    Test E 250mg e3.5d
    HCG 250ui e3.5d (continues to 3 day before pct)
    Adex 0.25mg eod (continues to 3 days before pct)

PCT
    Nolva 40/20/20/20
    Clomid 75/50/50/25

I'm going to measure body fat next month before I start cycling but I have 4 barely visible abs now so maybe 16-18% or something like that? The main thing is that I need a cut sometime between now and start of summer.

I'm having a hard time to decide when to do the cut. I have three alternatives as I see it:

1. Cut before I start the cycle. Then I need to postpone the cycle cause I will need 2-3 months or something to get to a reasonable shape and then do a lean bulk until summer + during the cycle.

2. Cut during cycle for aproxamitly 2-3 months and then eat at maintenance/slow bulk during rest of cycle and until summer.

3. Eat at maintenance during the cycle and try and recomp the best as I can and then do a little cut before summer. I will be done with pct in the middle of February so the cut will have to start 2-3 months after that in april-may sometime.

I need advice from experienced people in how to best approach this.

If you need additional information I will be happy to give it.

Later dudes and dudettes!
    first and second cycle should be bulkers so that you have good and true understand of what these drugs can do to the physique,, Especially if you haven't reached natural limits you don't want to be running a decent amount of gear just to look like a natural lean guy.. You wanna put the tissue on, and THEN worry about losing the extra bf.. When i say worry about losing extra bf i do NOT MEAN DURING PCT OR SHORTLY AFTER PCT.. I mean a couple months after once you see what you've kept from the cycle and have stapled the added tissue to your person and developed the ability to eat to maintain size..

Thank you for your advice guys! I will start my cycle later maybe mid November.

Can I get feedback on the cycle while I'm at it. Does it look ok?

Height 178cm
    Weight 82kg
    Been training since I was 15 off and on.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Thank you for your advice guys! I will start my cycle later maybe mid November.

Can I get feedback on the cycle while I'm at it. Does it look ok?

Height 178cm
    Weight 82kg
    Been training since I was 15 off and on.
    I don't think the cycle looks bad, however, if I were to nit-pick at it, I would go only the first 4 weeks with dbol , not 5. I, personally, would keep the Nolva dosage at 40mg/day in the second week instead of dropping down to 20mg right away. Make sure you start your PCT 2 weeks after your last pin (I say 2 weeks, but NACH knows the exact number of days after last pin you should start...I haven't used long esters in quite a while).

Good luck, OP!

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I don't think the cycle looks bad, however, if I were to nit-pick at it, I would go only the first 4 weeks with dbol , not 5. I, personally, would keep the Nolva dosage at 40mg/day in the second week instead of dropping down to 20mg right away. Make sure you start your PCT 2 weeks after your last pin (I say 2 weeks, but NACH knows the exact number of days after last pin you should start...I haven't used long esters in quite a while).

Good luck, OP!
    Thank you for feedback. I was actually going to run dbol 4 weeks at 20mg ed but then someone over at thinksteroids told me to up the dose to 40mg and run it for 5 weeks instead. Any particular reason to run it only 4 weeks? Mainly health benefits I guess?

Blog Entries
    Thank you for feedback. I was actually going to run dbol 4 weeks at 20mg ed but then someone over at thinksteroids told me to up the dose to 40mg and run it for 5 weeks instead. Any particular reason to run it only 4 weeks? Mainly health benefits I guess?
    I'd say liver toxicity would be a good reason to keep it towards 4 weeks especially if you've never ran it before and know how you react and at 40mg ed that's plenty of time to gain a good amount of mass to kickstart your cycle and leave you satisfied...i'd say maybe for future if you handled sides well you would be in the clear for 5 weeks...

I have enough dbol stashed up to do a 20 mg ed kickstart for 4 weeks. Is that to low of a dose to get any results from or do I need to get more and run the planned 40mg ed kickstart? I've never ran dbol hence all these questions.

i have enough dbol stashed up to do a 20 mg ed kickstart for 4 weeks. Is that to low of a dose to get any results from or do i need to get more and run the planned 40mg ed kickstart? I've never ran dbol hence all these questions.
    bump!

Thread Information