Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Joco71
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog

Thread: Changing Gear from Cycle to Cycle

krol.saven is offline New Member

Changing Gear from Cycle to Cycle

Hi, this is my first post and I would really, really appreciate your expertise.

I run the same compounds for every cycle; test, tren and mast (then cruise on test only with some minor PCT and repeat) but I've been told that it's best to change the compounds (namely the tren) from cycle to cycle to see maximum results wothout increasing the dosage.

I thought about switching the tren to deca or bold (prefer to stay away from orals) but I know that tren is more potent. Wouldn't I see LESS results doing this?

If I add more compounds to my test, tren, mast combination instead, wouldn't I eventually run into the same problem?

Also, I would like to keep my cycles relatively simple.

I would be very grateful if you kindly answer this for me.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    What do you mean minor pct? Are you on trt ? What are your stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Joco71 View Post
    What do you mean minor pct? Are you on trt ? What are your stats?
    Thanks for the reply, Joco.

Yes, I'm on trt. By light PCT I mean I still take some PCT to avoid gyno and what not. I'm 28, 6'2", 250 lbs, 15%–20% bf (can't give you an accurate number without a DEXA scan). Need to do a cut soon but that's beside the point
    Last edited by krol.saven; 08-04-2015 at 06:29 AM.

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum, krol.saven. Seems to me, without further info, that you really would help us if you told us what your long-terms goals and stats are.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc91gt View Post
    Welcome to the forum, krol.saven. Seems to me, without further info, that you really would help us if you told us what your long-terms goals and stats are.
    Thank you My goal is to achieve an aesthetic physique and somewhat keep it year round. I'd like to come down to a real 10–12% bodyfat while keeping as much mass as possible.

By real 10–12% bodyfat, I mean most people think they have a lower bodyfat percentage than they actually do. If you google Alberto Nunez, he has a real 6% bf according to a DEXA scan—so real 10–12% is pretty damn lean.

After getting lean, I'd like to stick to lean bulks and cuts, not letting my bodyfat percentage increase by more than a few percent or so because I tend to get carried away with bulks. There's just something so satisfying being able to bench press a cow.
    Last edited by krol.saven; 08-04-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Just a thought but it sounds like you have ran plenty of gear and also being on trt. Which would lead me to believe that your diet, nutrition may need some work. Your diet has to be spot on to get sub 10% unless your genetics put you there. Most guys don't realize that how you eat is a much bigger part of the equation than anything. To be honest I struggle with diet myself. There are some great guys on here in the nutrition section that can help you sort it out. Good Luck!!
    jdc91gt and bloodchoke like this.

Thanks and I completely agree. So do you think I should stick with my tried and true test, tren , mast combo besides getting my diet in check?

Thats a great stack I have seen others run the same combo with amazing results. Note ( They were very experienced ) I have no experience with tren . Mast really shouldn't be ran until bF% is 12% or less. Post up your cycle dosages and what your TRT protocol is and let the guys give you some ideas.

Ok, well, I cruise on 250mg amps of test/week. My blasts are usually about 750mg of tren , 250mg of test, and 400mg of mast but now I think I'll drop the mast until I'm <12% bf. I'll tighten up my nutrition and add cardio asap.

So does anyone else have an opinion on whether or not I should change up the compounds (tren specifically) from cycle to cycle to keep my body from getting used to the same thing and get the best results possible? I've been running the same combo for years. Like I said, since other compounds like deca and bold are technically weaker, I don't know what to do.

Anyon else have an opinion?

I do not believe that one needs to change compounds to avoid the body getting a tolerance.
    The body doesn't develop a tolerance to AAS in my honest opinion.

I do think one shouldn't run tren on every cycle though.
    Tren is very hard on the body and I believe in safety first.
    jdc91gt likes this.

Thank you for the reply, Dog. What would you recommend as an occasional substitute? I can't just increase the test because very high doses cause my ankles to swell (water retention?) which limits the kind of cardio I can do.

No side effects from running over a gram of tren (pharmacy grade) except some thinning of hair, which seems to reverse when I come off.

I'm usually have a high tolerance to compounds. I prefer to stay away from orals though, don't like them.

Sorry for the grammar, the edit button doesn't work on my iPhone lol

Thread Information