Thread: Re: Blood tests

Grimek is offline New Member

Re: Blood tests

If I get the blood work done once a year with my physical and I do maybe three cycles and want to get tested between what are some good reasons to give the doc. I suspect that my doc won't want to lie for me and that insurance won't want to pay to make sure my blood looks good between cycles.

roidmanraging is offline Junior Member
    That you use OTC andro/prohormones and other supplements that may effect your blood/testosterone /estrogen levels. DHEA, tribulus, andro, etc... It might help to get a "friend" doctor as well. That is what I have.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    agreed !

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You don't have to go to a doctor to get a blood test. There are labs all over the place that will do it for you. You will have to pay out of your pocket but other than that it is no problem.

That's great to know about Rickson. Thanks.

I found some labs in the phone book. Do you know the name of the test I'd want prices on? If I just say HPTA is that enough?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Tell them you want test levels (ask for free test as well), estrogen levels, prolactin levels, liver values, cholesterol, kidney function, Thyroid (not necessary). A basic endo screen is essentially what you are looking to get with a couple of additions. I think that is everything but if I left something out someone please jump in.

ichiban is offline Female Member
    I agree with Rickson. I have gone to labs several times for blood work. My Doc. will test my blood if I ask him to. It's not a big deal to them.

You might also want to get your DHEA levels tested. I just had mine done and I was like a 50 year woman! I started taking 50mg of DHEA and has made a huge diff. Also, maybe a basic CBC pannel with all the rest?

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Just remembered...get your thyroid uptake levels tested. You can have normal thyroid function, but the uptake is what matters. You have to ask for that one, don't just say thyroid pannel because then they only really test the T3 and T4 levels. I just found out that I have a slightly hyperthyroid, but bad uptake. Doc. put me on meds. and I am melting away! It's crazy.

Thanks for the very good info. bro's.

Thread Information