Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By bethdoth
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By bethdoth

Thread: Hematocrit levels before cycle

brobeans443 is offline Junior Member

Hematocrit levels before cycle

What should hematocrit levels optimally be pre cycle?

Mine is 49.8 right now
    Last edited by brobeans443; 08-26-2015 at 01:17 AM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I would go donate blood before cycling

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    I would go donate blood before cycling
    how long will hematocrit stay lowered after donating?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by brobeans443 View Post
    On one forum i saw the guy said it was back to pre-donation after 2 weeks.

49,8 is within normal. At the upper end though.

Mine was 53,0 3 weeks after cycle. Doc said it was nothing to donate for, because he said the value ferritin was the most important when it comes to donation or not. And my ferritinwas 38 (29-383) But i dont trust him on this one.

But they say donation is healthy and if you got the energy just do it. And i guess it Depends on what u will use. Ive red equipose is the far worse for the hct. Some say deca is bad also, but some say its actually good for Your hct.

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post

Mine was 53,0 3 weeks after cycle. Doc said it was nothing to donate for, because he said the value ferritin was the most important when it comes to donation or not. And my ferritinwas 38 (29-383) But i dont trust him on this one.

But they say donation is healthy and if you got the energy just do it. And i guess it Depends on what u will use. Ive red equipose is the far worse for the hct. Some say deca is bad also, but some say its actually good for Your hct.
    I guess there'd be no point in donating if levels just go back up that quickly. How much does hct usually rise on cycle? I was going to do a test only cycle 500mg/week.

& i'm not even sure what ferritin is lol.
    Last edited by brobeans443; 08-26-2015 at 02:38 AM.

also, do you remember your levels pre cycle?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    We all different but a normal test cycle can raise it 2% easy. Then it depends on compounds used, being Eq and tren the worst.

If you donate before you should be ok, might need to donat again after cycle. Bloodwork will tell.

I agree with BB. predonation is the safest. I did not do bloodwork precycle. Guess it was normal, maybe like Yours. Ferritin is about iron levels in the body.

A 2% raise?...whats that...Yeah...if your hct is just 50,1 it will just come up to 51,1. Thats nothing. Or did u mean an increase of 2 %....
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 08-26-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    We all different but a normal test cycle can raise it 2% easy. Then it depends on compounds used, being Eq and tren the worst.

If you donate before you should be ok, might need to donat again after cycle. Bloodwork will tell.
    I'll donate before to be safe.

I agree with BB. predonation is the safest. I did not do bloodwork precycle. Guess it was normal, maybe like Yours. Ferritin is about iron levels in the body.

A 2% raise?...whats that...Yeah...if your hct is just 50,1 it will just come up to 51,1. Thats nothing.
    I think it's dose dependent too. I read somewhere that it could be as high as a 9.6% increase but if that were true I doubt anyone would ever cycle again lol.

Check this out: (top of pg 5) Higher Testosterone Dose Impairs Sperm Suppression Induced by a Combined Androgen-Progestin Regimen - MERIGGIOLA - 2013 - Journal of Andrology - Wiley Online Library

1 group dosed with 200 mg test per week saw a ~2% increase in hct and another group given only 100mg test per week saw almost no increase in hct.
    Last edited by brobeans443; 08-26-2015 at 03:23 AM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It depends on how fast.your body replenishes. On a very light cycle I was up 3% in just over 5 weeks, but my hematocrit has always been high. I was right @ 53% prior to starting TRT and hadn't cycled in years.
    Donate as often as you can if your hemoglobin levels are in range. You will be helping someone else that needs it.
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    It depends on how fast.your body replenishes. On a very light cycle I was up 3% in just over 5 weeks, but my hematocrit has always been high. I was right @ 53% prior to starting TRT and hadn't cycled in years.
    Donate as often as you can if your hemoglobin levels are in range. You will be helping someone else that needs it.
    True. I have never donated before so I'd like to try it.

What was your cycle that increased it by 3% and what was your hct pre cycle?

I think it's dose dependent too. I read somewhere that it could be as high as a 9.6% increase but if that were true I doubt anyone would ever cycle again lol.

Actually i think it can be true. 10% is going from the normal 50.0 to 55.0 . I guess 55 is not that uncommen for Heavy users. One guy, on another steroidforum, asked members for help, because he said his hct was 60,0!! He had serious problems and the guys told him that he should never be alone until he had fixed the issue.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 08-26-2015 at 03:29 AM.

Actually i think it can be true. 10% is going from the normal 50.0 to 55.0 . I guess 55 is not that uncommen for Heavy users. One guy, on another steroidforum, asked members for help, because he said his hct was 60,0!! He had serious problems and the guys told him that he should never be alone until he had fixed the issue.
    Holy shit that is high! I saw on another forum where a guy said his got up to 62%! How did they not suffer a heart attack/stroke??

And I was looking at it completely wrong. I was thinking 9.6% as a TOTAL increase. Like from 50-59%, but that makes more sense how you put it.

I found the link where I saw it:

https://thinksteroids.com/articles/a...d-blood-cells/

True. I have never donated before so I'd like to try it.

What was your cycle that increased it by 3% and what was your hct pre cycle?
    Very light. 100 mg prop and 100 mg NPP eod along with a very marginal/out of date TRT. I was around 52%. I've always had a high hematocrit value. Also, have a clotting disorder which doesn't make matters better.
    Donating is a very simple process. Some donation centers prefer that you make an appointment for a double RBC, but I have walked in at my local donation center and done a double without any problems.

Here's a link to some general donation info:

Blood Donation Types | Whole Blood, Plasma, Autologous | American Red Cross
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

yo almostgone!.

Do you know, is 52% the same as 52,0 fraction? I red online that 53% is donatingtime, but i had 53,0 fraktion 3 weeks after summercycle and my doc said it was nothing to worry about because my Ferritin was ok.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wish I could give dbl reds...hep B exposure while in the Navy, so I had to have an antibody shot, they won't use my blood. I have a doctors order for therapeutic phlebotomy. Most blood donation centers check your hemoglobin vise crit. 17 is the upper range of hemoglobin. My orders are anytime I am over 16 I can give a pint. Pre tren cycle I gave a pint (Hemoglobin 16.7) then did a mild tren/test cycle tren at 50mg EOD test at 80mg E3.5days. A week and a half after cycle I gave again (hemoglobin 16.6). IMHO giving blood helps.
    EDIT: Thought I would add this. I started HRT July 2012 and do labs quite frequently. Started on androgel then the patch then finally injections Jan 2013. I love the place I do labs because I can go online and review charts and history like these pics. As you can see my hct has always been kinda toward the upper edge. The dip you see is from when I had my hip replaced and was on blood thinners. One pic is my pre cycle lab the other is history of hct.
    Last edited by bethdoth; 08-26-2015 at 06:34 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

yo almostgone!.

Do you know, is 52% the same as 52,0 fraction? I red online that 53% is donatingtime, but i had 53,0 fraktion 3 weeks after summercycle and my doc said it was nothing to worry about because my Ferritin was ok.
    My Dr. like me to keep mine under 54%. If I go over, I either get a script from her and pay for a therapeutic draw which they throw away or I self bleed. One reason monitoring hematocrit is so important is that some people have other undiagnosed health issues that could be worsened by the high hematocrit values. I didn't know I had a clotting disorder in addition to polycythemia until after a very close call with cardiomyopathy, heart failure, and staph infections in my blood.
    That is one reason that I believe TRT gets a bad rap for supposedly being a cause for clots.
    I don't feel it is the testosterone , but rather an previously undiagnosed issue with the clotting cascade, such as Factor V Leiden.
    My cardiomyopathy was caused by a virus which damaged my heart. From there there was a biventricular pacemaker and a whole bunch of other stuff. Also, I have a Coumadin resistant gene. I was sent to an oncologist/hematologist for all of the genetic testing.

But I am still alive, working, and lifting , so all is well.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-26-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    bethdoth likes this.

My Dr. like me to keep mine under 54%. If I go over, I either get a script from her and pay for a therapeutic draw which they throw away or I self bleed. One reason monitoring hematocrit is so important is that some people have other undiagnosed health issues that could be worsened by the high hematocrit values. I didn't know I had a clotting disorder in addition to polycythemia until after a very close call with cardiomyopathy, heart failure, and staph infections in my blood.
    That is one reason that I believe TRT gets a bad rap for supposedly being a cause for clots.
    I don't feel it is the testosterone , but rather an issue with the clotting cascade, such as Factor V Leiden.
    My cardiomyopathy was caused by a virus which damaged my heart. From there there was a biventricular pacemaker and a whole bunch of other stuff. Also, I have a Coumadin resistant gene. I was sent to an oncologist/hematologist for all of the genetic testing.

But I am still alive, working, and lifting , so all is well.
    wow..sorry to hear about all this. I Guess you study alot to find answers and help and how to stil manage to live a bodybuilding lifestyle. I hope it can be done. But i Guess you just have to make some.....ahh..what the english word....adjustments(?)....

wow..sorry to hear about all this. I Guess you study alot to find answers and help and how to stil manage to live a bodybuilding lifestyle. I hope it can be done. But i Guess you just have to make some.....ahh..what the english word....adjustments(?)....
    No worries. This drug out over several years and is in the past. I work 50+ hours a week so I'm healthy, IMO.
    Adjustments...yes. Life is one long series of adjustments.

...and your English seems quite good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    I wish I could give dbl reds...hep B exposure while in the Navy, so I had to have an antibody shot, they won't use my blood. I have a doctors order for therapeutic phlebotomy. Most blood donation centers check your hemoglobin vise crit. 17 is the upper range of hemoglobin. My orders are anytime I am over 16 I can give a pint. Pre tren cycle I gave a pint (Hemoglobin 16.7) then did a mild tren/test cycle tren at 50mg EOD test at 80mg E3.5days. A week and a half after cycle I gave again (hemoglobin 16.6). IMHO giving blood helps.
    EDIT: Thought I would add this. I started HRT July 2012 and do labs quite frequently. Started on androgel then the patch then finally injections Jan 2013. I love the place I do labs because I can go online and review charts and history like these pics. As you can see my hct has always been kinda toward the upper edge. The dip you see is from when I had my hip replaced and was on blood thinners. One pic is my pre cycle lab the other is history of hct.

Exactly, they are checking hemoglobin levels. I have donated the blood bank @ the local hospital @ 17.7. I asked them if the have a upper end cutoff for hematocrit and they said no, but I believe the RedCross has a cutoff level?
    At the hospital here, you must have a minimum hemoglobin of 12.5g/dL to donate.
    Sucks about the hep B. It really frustrates me to pay for a therapeutic draw and then have them throw it away.
    Your hematocrit is pretty darn consistent. That's great!

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Our local community blood center does therapeutic for free!!!!
    almostgone likes this.

thanks for sharing the bloodwork.

My hemoglobin was 16.6 and my RBC was 5.20 yet my hct was 49.8. Your Hemoglobin and RBC was a little higher yet your hct was lower. How is that possible? Haha
    Last edited by brobeans443; 08-26-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Very light. 100 mg prop and 100 mg NPP eod along with a very marginal/out of date TRT. I was around 52%. I've always had a high hematocrit value. Also, have a clotting disorder which doesn't make matters better.
    Donating is a very simple process. Some donation centers prefer that you make an appointment for a double RBC, but I have walked in at my local donation center and done a double without any problems.

Here's a link to some general donation info:

Blood Donation Types | Whole Blood, Plasma, Autologous | American Red Cross
    thanks for that link. So you were doing 3-400mg/week of prop on top of a trt protocol and your hematocrit only raised 3% with a baseline of 52%? That's not bad

thanks for that link. So you were doing 3-400mg/week of prop on top of a trt protocol and your hematocrit only raised 3% with a baseline of 52%? That's not bad
    My TRT is Dr. administered and sucks. 200mg. Every other week. I know it sucks but I prefer to stay with one Dr. right now due to my health issues. Yes, 3% in 5 weeks. Wonder what it would have been in 8 weeks?

Our local community blood center does therapeutic for free!!!!
    The blood bank at the hospital does free therapeutic draws for free for those with polycythemia vera, but not polycythemia.
    That's great work by your community center.

My TRT is Dr. administered and sucks. 200mg. Every other week. I know it sucks but I prefer to stay with one Dr. right now due to my health issues. Yes, 3% in 5 weeks. Wonder what it would have been in 8 weeks?
    at 8 weeks it wouldn't have been much worse. That's still not too big of an increase though.

I'm looking into MCV and mine is 95.. I wonder what could cause it to be near the top? I think this is mainly why my hct is high. Anything one can do to lower MCV?

max738 is offline Junior Member
    95 is still in the normal range for MCV,many things can cause it to go higher than normal like B-12,folic acid definicency,alcohol abuse,liver problems etc.if your MCH was normal your good to go

Thread Information