bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member

Steroid use and past surgeries

I have seen a few threads on here about infections. One of my biggest concerns about changing suppliers for any of my gear or supplements is infection. I have had my C5 and C6 fused and also my left hip replaced. Even when i go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, I have to take antibiotics 1 hour before to prevent infection of my hip.
    I realize there probably are not many old guys with bionic parts that use steroids , but has anyone heard of someone getting an infection from say contaminated bunk junk from china etc....
    Right now I feel pretty good about my sources but would like to find a cheaper source for a few things, just have a bit of a concern. Cheaper may not be better.
    Speaking of sources what happened to ***** the site sponsor? no more links off the home page etc????

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not much source talk is allowed but I for one would say that I wouldn't trust a source from a basement in China. I do not have much experience with hip replacements although I do have a very good friend who had one and still cycles. He only used human grade products so if I were worried about infection I would just stick with that and practice great sterility techniques.

There was some crackdown of some sort on some research companies concerning peptides or something of the sort so now the legality of it is in question more than usual I believe.

Unless there is something I am missing it sounds like just a big scare to me all because a few companies were found violating the laws. Some of it is kind of gray anyway. Research companies will never go away, public access could I suppose but technically the access shouldn't be public now as it is anyway. We are all researchers right?

This was the only article I could find, let me know if there is more out there.

June 12, 2015: Owner of Bodybuilding Drug Companies Indicted for Selling Misbranded Drugs

I was doing some light reading and this article popped up and thought it was interesting and slightly relevant.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...knee-infection

See that is scary to me! If I get stane, cia or any other substance that I am putting in my body that has some kinda bacteria in it and get an infection like that, it could change my life forever in the negative direction. I think I will keep paying the high price and stay with my current sources. Been using them for 3 years with no problem but, that doesn't mean I couldn't end up with a bad batch. Thanks Ranger

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    Honestly, regardless of your source, if you're taking every precaution when using it and doing so under the most sanitary conditions, I don't think it's any bigger risk than many other things we do.

As you said, anything entering the mouth or the respiratory system in general could cause the same issue.

Regardless of your source^

As if the source doesn't matter in regards to sterility...

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i also have a hip replacement, but haven't really considered the risk of infection from gear. hmm... another thing to worry about.

Sorry bartman! I take every precaution wash my hand, alcohol wipes, etc... My concern is the environment some of this could be produced in? Hong kong phuis basement... I was in the Navy for 21 years and have seen some of the stuff overseas. In the Philippines (Subic Bay) the river was called shit river for a reason. well, 4 years now and I am still fine, so I guess there is nothing to worry about. Knock on wood.

Thread Information