Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By numbere

Thread: Estradiol High, how much arimidex/nolva to take?

chopsui is offline Junior Member

Angry Estradiol High, how much arimidex/nolva to take?

Tests........................Result.......Flag.... .Units..........Reference Interval
    Estradiol, Sensitive.......52.9.......High......pg/mL......... 8.0 - 35.0 01

I've been taking Nolva 20mg ED for about a week and Arimidex .25 EOD.

Hows the arimidex dose? Is that what I should be dosing at? I start PCT in about 5 days. Started Nolva for possible gyno symptoms, I have alot of extra.
    Last edited by chopsui; 09-16-2015 at 11:04 PM.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    That dex dose is fine, but you should have been taking that amount for the entire cycle.

This is a perfect example of why an AI is needed even on a relatively light cycle.

If I were in your position I would take 2 more doses of dex (over the next 6 days) and continue with PCT as normal.

What's your plan for PCT?
    OdinsOtherSon and songdog like this.

I was planning to do the standard PCT outlined in the sticky.

Clomid @ 75/50/50/50 & Nolvadex @ 40/20/20/20

I was going to run a 5th week though.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    That PCT program should be fine.

Remember to up your calorie intake and continue training hard while transitioning through PCT.

In the future you should keep one thread going with your cycle details and the issues that arise during that period. It makes it much easier for someone to give advise when they don't have to go through your post history. Plus you will get more responses from members.

I see, thanks I will do that in the future just keep one post. I really appreciate the input, you guys are awesome.

So coming off testosterone my estridiol was high 52 (normal range 8-35). Should I consider using an AI during my PCT? I have read some articles online rationalizing the use by saying when estrogen levels are high its harder for test to recover so using an AI during PCT is beneficial, I'm thinking especially since my estro was high. Any thoughts? I'll post the article excerpt below.

Also, my cycle ended up running a little long about 14 weeks so I'm doing a slightly more aggressive PCT plan that I found on reddit for longer cycles of 14-20 weeks. Nolva 40/40/20/20 Clomid 100/100/50/50
    Any advice on this stuff guys?

Article-
    I’ve always been in favor of using Nolvadex during PCT, along with an AI, because reducing estrogen levels has been positively correlated with an increase in testosterone (7) so in my mind, it’s be beneficial to increase testosterone by as many mechanisms as possible while trying to recover your endogenous testosterone levels after a cycle. SO which AI do we use? Letro or A-dex? Well, why don’t we just keep using whichever one we used during the cycle, and add in some Nolvadex? Unfortunately, Nolvadex will significantly reduce the blood plasma levels of both Letrozole as well as Arimidex (8). So if we choose to use one of them with our Nolvadex on PCT, we’re throwing away a bit of money as the Nolvadex will be reducing their effectiveness.

This, of course, is where Aromasin comes in, at 20-25mgs/day.

Aromasin, at that dose, will raise your testosterone levels by about 60%, and also help out your free to bound testosterone ratio by lowering levels of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), by about 20% (12)…SHBG is that nasty enzyme that binds to testosterone and renders it useless for building muscle. But what about using it along with Nolvadex for PCT?

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Run your AI up to your PCT then drop it.

PCT should start a couple of halflives after your last injection. This will allow your testosterone level and your estrogen level to drop before starting PCT.
    As stated above...
    Take an AI going into but not in your PCT.

Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    PCT should start a couple of halflives after your last injection. This will allow your testosterone level and your estrogen level to drop before starting PCT.
    As stated above...
    Take an AI going into but not in your PCT.
    Why not during PCT? Just curious, as I've read the opposite elsewhere, and their point of view seemed logical.

What's the reasoning for no AI in PCT?

Curious

devil-1986 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by devil-1986; 04-11-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Thread Information