R8junkie is offline New Member

Insulin Resistance/Low Test Issues - Starting 1st Cycle

Hello There,

Background: I am 30 years old and have struggled with Low Testosterone and Insulin Resistance most of my adult life. I have a degree in Medical Laboratory Science and have worked in a clinical lab for 6 years. I've also been working with an endocrinologist for the past 8 years to try to control my insulin resistance and pituitary issues but so far have only been able to maintain current levels. I exercise 3-4 times per week (cycling and weight training) but have seen little to no progress on my body composition. I've been tracking my hormone levels for the past 5 years and have consistently been very low on testosterone and LH.

My Question: With the supervision of my doctor, having access to regular labs, and having exhausted other options, I have decided to start using an injectable Testosterone Cycle. That being said, has anyone done a cycle that has been diagnosed with insulin resistance or low testosterone and low LH? My testosterone levels are constantly 150-275.

Any advice is appreciated.

My "Gear": 300mg Testosterone Enanthate .7cc Every 4 days
    .25mg Arimidex EOD
    37.5 mg Phentermine
    16 week cycle
    Last edited by R8junkie; 09-26-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    I'm an avid NLM reader, though not formally educated, and I've never come across anything regarding testosterone and Insulin directly affecting each other. They're both hormones but that's where the similarities end right?

My initial thoughts are that a test cycle shouldn't pose any complications to your insulin resistance.

That said, I have zero research to support that idea.

Others might chime in and remind us that AAS are only for healthy individuals, and is still risky in those cases. But what you're proposing is TRT; so do same rules apply? Where to draw the line.

Basically I'm just long winded in saying IDK, and hopefully someone with direct experience can chime in.

Thread Information