• 1 Post By djgreen
  • 1 Post By Nine91
  • 1 Post By frank13
  • 1 Post By Player1
  • 1 Post By tice1212
  • 1 Post By qscgugcsq
  • 1 Post By GuyFawkes
  • 1 Post By Frontpump

Thread: How honest are you with your Primary Care Doc?

GuyFawkes is offline New Member

How honest are you with your Primary Care Doc?

I'm not sure if this question belongs in this forum or not, but I'll give it a go. Title says it all. I'm getting a new doctor and I'm in the middle of my first cycle. If he wants to run bloods on me or something as part of my "welcome aboard" appointment, should I just delay? Probably an obvious answer there, but I'm curious if anyone here's been straight up with their doc and what the results were.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    most likely if you tell him you are injecting illegal street drugs in your body he will refuse to see you and will mark it down on your records for your insurance and future doctors to see so I would say no don't tell him a thing I have heard of some docs being cool with it but most of them are not
    956Vette likes this.

Nine91 is offline Junior Member
    Where are you from? I'm in Canada and I am truthful to the doc. She doesn't agree with it and advises against it, but she knows and co-operates with bloodwork and stuff okay
    GuyFawkes likes this.

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    Don't do that and it's very easy to order your own blood work for yourself if you're curious also most docs aren't going to run a hormone panel more then likely it will be some standard blood work to check your overall health
    GuyFawkes likes this.

Player1 is offline Junior Member
    If it comes down to something that is threatening your health you could always just say you tried some new test booster PH from GNC or something, they don't know what's in those and would probably think you just fell victim to some "shady product". Other than that I wouldn't say anything about it. I hear in countries other than USA it's a bit more tolerated.
    GuyFawkes likes this.

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    I'm not sure if this question belongs in this forum or not, but I'll give it a go. Title says it all. I'm getting a new doctor and I'm in the middle of my first cycle. If he wants to run bloods on me or something as part of my "welcome aboard" appointment, should I just delay? Probably an obvious answer there, but I'm curious if anyone here's been straight up with their doc and what the results were.
    Tell him that ur on a pro hormones if u get ur bloods done and they r out of whack
    GuyFawkes likes this.

Officer Doofy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tice1212 View Post
    Tell him that ur on a pro hormones if u get ur bloods done and they r out of whack
    HAHA that's a good idea.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    As said above, if you are in canada there is not much issue other than him refusing to cooperate with you.

However in the USA its more.complicated and you should not tell him.directly.
    After a few years if you got a good.relationship with him and he his open minded, you can consider telling him. Otherwise I would not.
    GuyFawkes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine91 View Post
    Where are you from? I'm in Canada and I am truthful to the doc. She doesn't agree with it and advises against it, but she knows and co-operates with bloodwork and stuff okay
    I'm in the States. I don't plan on divulging anything unless I feel my life's in danger or it's something along those lines. I'm 42, so I've had docs that are both totally understanding or judgmental - the spectrum varies wildly. I was just curious what you all have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Player1 View Post
    If it comes down to something that is threatening your health you could always just say you tried some new test booster PH from GNC or something, they don't know what's in those and would probably think you just fell victim to some "shady product". Other than that I wouldn't say anything about it. I hear in countries other than USA it's a bit more tolerated.
    Yeah this is what I'll do. Was thinking along these lines already. thx
    william981125 likes this.

Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    not much to add to this except that 100% of medical doctors in the US come from a very structured and "in the box" approach to human studies. That box is not fond of steroids for a lot of reasons, and they're never given a point of view that supports steroids either.

Just from my med school friends, run ins at the med parties, doctors I've had...most people practicing primary care are taught steroids are bad mmkay and there's nothing else to it.

I had ONE physical therapist who would openly discuss roids and peptides with me- he was the best. Yet he couldn't prescribe or do bloodwork.

You get lucky sometimes. Stray heavily on the side of "don't even suggest it".
    GuyFawkes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump View Post
    not much to add to this except that 100% of medical doctors in the US come from a very structured and "in the box" approach to human studies. That box is not fond of steroids for a lot of reasons, and they're never given a point of view that supports steroids either.

Just from my med school friends, run ins at the med parties, doctors I've had...most people practicing primary care are taught steroids are bad mmkay and there's nothing else to it.

I had ONE physical therapist who would openly discuss roids and peptides with me- he was the best. Yet he couldn't prescribe or do bloodwork.

You get lucky sometimes. Stray heavily on the side of "don't even suggest it".
    Agree 100%. It's kind of a shame there aren't more doctors willing to get outside that box and look around. Of course when their license is on the line and they paid hundreds of thousands to get there, I can't say I blame them.

212OlympiaBound is offline Associate Member
    I deny it.

So far, all the doctors i've seen don't check hormones affected by AAS on a generic blood test. The only thing that might tip somebody off from a blood test is my HDL always shows up as 0.

Frontpump is offline Associate Member
    Agree 100%. It's kind of a shame there aren't more doctors willing to get outside that box and look around. Of course when their license is on the line and they paid hundreds of thousands to get there, I can't say I blame them.
    You nailed the issue squarely. Why risk the cost of med school, years of torturous study, and millions in future income? That license is pretty damn valuable.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    My advice is to be careful what you say to your doctor. You can be fairly open but some things are better left quiet. Obviously if its a serious condition that could change things.
    Doctors chart things and Ive seen some have problems with insurance issues when they have said too much.

Thread Information