Frnoles is offline New Member

Starting my first cycle

First post here and hope to take all of the constructive criticism into consideration before making my final decision - whether or not to start a cycle. I did read the stickies and wanted to point out the following before I start talking about my cycle in this thread:

Stats -

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 165 (I've gotten to 175 before, but I was younger and "dirty-bulked", so went down again to add lean mass instead)
    Bodyfat: 13%
    Training: consistently for 4 years. Currently being trained by an NPC physique competitor who's also also a doctor, so, not that that means much, but just wanted to point out the my diet/training regimen should be decent/good.
    Diet: I believe I'm in good shape, calculated TDEE and planned a diet accordingly along with my trainer.Will post later if I decide to go through with the cycle.

Again, before I even talk about what I'm planning on cycling and what PCT I plan to use, I wanted to know everyone's recommendation given my age/stats. Would it really be that risky to start a simple test cycle at 23 if done correctly (PCT, AI, blood work, etc.)?
    Everything in life has risks, even doing AAS after the "recommended" age of 24/25. I was wondering if I got my blood work done and ran this cycle after a lot of research, maybe the extra year of wait isn't that necessary?

I don't want to screw up my HPTA or develop any major issues (post-cycle depression, heart problems, etc.), but again, everything has it's risks, and I decided that I will definitely want to use gear, be it this year or next.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I, for one, am more concerned with your stats than I am your age. 5'10" at 165lbs is slim, even if you're sitting at only 13% body fat. I graduated high school at almost the exact same stats as you. I suggest you visit the diet section in order to learn how to eat in a caloric surplus. I was 190lbs before I felt like I was ready to start AAS. I suggest you get close to that as well. If you can't eat to get big naturally, then there's no way you're going to hold onto the gains you make once you come off cycle. My advice is to wait a year or two to put on about 20+ lbs of quality muscle, then think about running a cycle.
    Last edited by musclestack; 10-07-2015 at 09:05 PM.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I, for one, am more concerned with your stats than I am your age. 5'10" at 165lbs is slim, even if you're sitting at only 13% body fat. I graduated high school at almost the exact same stats as you. I suggest you visit the diet section in order to learn how to eat in a caloric maintenance. I was 190lbs before I felt like I was ready to start AAS. I suggest you get close to that as well. If you can't eat to get big naturally, then there's no way you're going to hold onto the gains you make once you come off cycle. My advice is to wait a year or two to put on about 20+ lbs of quality muscle, then think about running a cycle.
    ^^
    All the advice you need right here

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    agreed, wait on the AAS

Thread Information