Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Splifton

Thread: does marijuana actually lower natty gh and tesosterone?

parfar is offline New Member

does marijuana actually lower natty gh and tesosterone?

I tried it for first time today it felt good. But is occasional use fine or it lowers natty hormones. Im too young for a cycle atm so i cant use test cycle to combat it

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Recreational drug talk is strictly forbidden on this forum. Not to be blunt so my apologies beforehand, but if you have marijuana, AAS use, and from what I am reading a root desire for AAS was to counteract the "possibility" of lowering AR activity from using marijuana... All I can say is that I'd just stop and reevaluate the thought process that created this little hypothetical instance.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    I was an occasional cannabis smoker at 19 years old, by 20 years old i was addicted and smoked it every 2 hours for 5 years

It made me feel like crap, no energy, no sex drive etc

Once in a blue moon wont harm but it can quickly become a daily habbit before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    I was an occasional cannabis smoker at 19 years old, by 20 years old i was addicted and smoked it every 2 hours for 5 years

It made me feel like crap, no energy, no sex drive etc

Once in a blue moon wont harm but it can quickly become a daily habbit before you know it.
    Wait... isn't marijuana still considered an illicit recreational drug or has times changed? I remember seeing something in the rules about drug talk, but I could have read it wrong.

Yea recreational drug talk is against the rules but i wanted to basicaly warn the OP that occasional use can lead to a down spiral in life.

Just dont do it

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    I would be interested in knowing if others thought recreational marijuana smoking would lower testosterone levels in healthy men.

Endocrine effects of marijuana in the male: preclinical studies. - PubMed - NCBI

Endocrine effects of marijuana in the male: preclinical studies.

ABSTRACT: Marijuana affects a variety of hormones that are regulated by hypothalamic function and it appears that the psychoactive ingredient, THC, is the major compound responsible for this action. It is probable that THC affects these hormones through its ability to alter various neural transmitters in the hypothalamus or neural transmitters in the CNS which impinge on the hypothalamus. The dopaminergic and serotonergic fibers seem to be particularly important. The two gonadotropins, LH and FSH, secreted by the pituitary gland are of major importance to reproduction in the male. Both gonadotropins appear to respond to a single releasing factor from the hypothalamus, GnRH, which is sensitive to catecholamine neurotransmitters. The THC-induced block of GnRH release results in lowered LH and FSH which is responsible for reduced testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis. Other hormones that might have a synergistic or antagonistic effect upon reproduction in the male are the adrenal cortical hormones, prolactin, thyroid hormones, and growth hormones. THC appears to depress prolactin, thyroid gland function, and growth hormone while elevating adrenal cortical steroids. Chronic exposure of laboratory animals, such as rats, mice, and monkeys to marijuana and to the various cannabinoids in marijuana has altered the function of several of the accessory reproductive organs. Reports of reduced prostate and seminal vesicle weights, as well as altered testicular function, have been partially explained by the effect of marijuana in lowering serum testosterone needed for proper function and support. Although some of the change in organ weight may be due to lowered testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis, some of the weight changes may be due to a direct action of THC, and perhaps some of the other nonpsychoactive cannabinoids in marijuana, on the tissue themselves. Also, of concern are the reports that acute cannabinoid treatments affects the quality and quantity of spermatozoa produced by the testis. The question is still unanswered as to whether or not the effects observed on spermatozoa are due to a direct action of the cannabinoids on spermatogenesis, or whether some of the observed effects may be due to altered hormone levels which are necessary for the support of spermatogenesis. Reduced testosterone and FSH may be important in producing the observed changes in sperm production by the seminiferous tubules. Many of the effects on the endocrine system caused by chronic treatment of animals with THC are completely reversible with time and there is reason to believe that tolerance develops to these effects with acute exposure to THC.

Obviously we all have vices and virtues, but I'd try to avoid illicit drug talk especially if it's connoting towards how would one use "drugs" and "steroids " together. Can't have the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Splifton; 11-26-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    TheTaxMan and thephoenix25 like this.

Stick to the steroids only, much better lifestyle

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Splifton
    Endocrine effects of marijuana in the male: preclinical studies. - PubMed - NCBI Endocrine effects of marijuana in the male: preclinical studies. ABSTRACT: Marijuana affects a variety of hormones that are regulated by hypothalamic function and it appears that the psychoactive ingredient, THC, is the major compound responsible for this action. It is probable that THC affects these hormones through its ability to alter various neural transmitters in the hypothalamus or neural transmitters in the CNS which impinge on the hypothalamus. The dopaminergic and serotonergic fibers seem to be particularly important. The two gonadotropins, LH and FSH, secreted by the pituitary gland are of major importance to reproduction in the male. Both gonadotropins appear to respond to a single releasing factor from the hypothalamus, GnRH, which is sensitive to catecholamine neurotransmitters. The THC-induced block of GnRH release results in lowered LH and FSH which is responsible for reduced testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis. Other hormones that might have a synergistic or antagonistic effect upon reproduction in the male are the adrenal cortical hormones, prolactin, thyroid hormones, and growth hormones. THC appears to depress prolactin, thyroid gland function, and growth hormone while elevating adrenal cortical steroids . Chronic exposure of laboratory animals, such as rats, mice, and monkeys to marijuana and to the various cannabinoids in marijuana has altered the function of several of the accessory reproductive organs. Reports of reduced prostate and seminal vesicle weights, as well as altered testicular function, have been partially explained by the effect of marijuana in lowering serum testosterone needed for proper function and support. Although some of the change in organ weight may be due to lowered testosterone production by the Leydig cells of the testis, some of the weight changes may be due to a direct action of THC, and perhaps some of the other nonpsychoactive cannabinoids in marijuana, on the tissue themselves. Also, of concern are the reports that acute cannabinoid treatments affects the quality and quantity of spermatozoa produced by the testis. The question is still unanswered as to whether or not the effects observed on spermatozoa are due to a direct action of the cannabinoids on spermatogenesis, or whether some of the observed effects may be due to altered hormone levels which are necessary for the support of spermatogenesis. Reduced testosterone and FSH may be important in producing the observed changes in sperm production by the seminiferous tubules. Many of the effects on the endocrine system caused by chronic treatment of animals with THC are completely reversible with time and there is reason to believe that tolerance develops to these effects with acute exposure to THC. Obviously we all have vices and virtues, but I'd try to avoid illicit drug talk especially if it's connoting towards how would one use "drugs" and "steroids" together. Can't have the best of both worlds.
    Thanks Splifton!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Stick to the steroids only, much better lifestyle
    And the steroids won't destroy your bank account as fast...well depending upon where you sit on the "moderation" spectrum.

You got that right
    id spend a cycles worth every fortnight, makes me feel sick thinking about it lol

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Strong blood.

Do you have a young topless child as your avatar?

fxrjuiceman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972
    Strong blood. Do you have a young topless child as your avatar?
    Haha

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by parfar View Post
    I tried it for first time today it felt good. But is occasional use fine or it lowers natty hormones. Im too young for a cycle atm so i cant use test cycle to combat it
    Short answer - YES!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    No rec drug talk on this forum sorry,

closed

Thread Information