BuffDaddy6982 is offline New Member

chewing tobacco and gains....

ok im a chewer,i would like to know if the nicotine(or anything else)in chew will do anything with my gains either on or off cycle. any help would be great, thanks.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i hope not, because after my post workout shake, i thrown in a big ass dip of snuff and hit the shower.....damn thats relaxing.
    But i dont know....BUmp

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Nicotine has nothing to do with it, I think you'll be alright. Chewing and working out? Thats hardcore, I dip (Wolf) and thats enough.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Many pro BB'ers chew Nicotine gum for contest prep...and almost all Euro BB'ers freakin smoke...even some gyms allow it over there!

Nicotine is an insecticide by the way guys!!!!!

Cheers

D

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Other than suppressing your appetite slightly I don't think it would interfere with anything.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Yea...I think thats why they were chewing the gum...to help curb hunger pains.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    go 4 it !

toolman is offline Banned
    Maybe its my age, but are you guys kidding me. Quit the dip my friend. Among the many negative effects, dip will cause your blood pressure to increase. As juice can often raise your BP, you don't need them both. It raises your metabolism and suppresses the appetite...bad if you are bulking.

I was a 20 year dipper and quit over a year ago and never been happier. No more heartburn and finding a cup/ can to spit in. Check out a site, www.quitsmokeless.org to give you more reasons and help to quit. If you have the discipline to build a body, then you have it to quit...the sooner the better.

Good luck!

Originally posted by toolman
    Maybe its my age, but are you guys kidding me. Quit the dip my friend. Among the many negative effects, dip will cause your blood pressure to increase. As juice can often raise your BP, you don't need them both. It raises your metabolism and suppresses the appetite...bad if you are bulking.

I was a 20 year dipper and quit over a year ago and never been happier. No more heartburn and finding a cup/ can to spit in. Check out a site, www.quitsmokeless.org to give you more reasons and help to quit. If you have the discipline to build a body, then you have it to quit...the sooner the better.

Good luck!
    Hey bro, I just talk to my doctor about dipping and he told me that it doesnt raise your bp. Im not saying your wrong, you have any refs to back this up?

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    After my workout shake, there's nothing like a lip full of Kodiak wintergreen.

Hey bro, I just talk to my doctor about dipping and he told me that it doesnt raise your bp. Im not saying your wrong, you have any refs to back this up?

tt333, time to get a new Doc bro. He is 100% wrong according to the AMA and American Heart Assc. Nicotene is a stimulant. As such, it raises metabolism ergo BP. Nicotine constricts arterial blood vessels, increasing blood pressure. Just visit the American Academy of Physicians web link on the subject and scroll down to nicotine:

http://www.aafp.org/acf/cvho/highbp.html

Just type "Nicotine blood pressure" into any search engine and you will find a ton of info from all of the medical groups. I speak from experience bro as a year ago this Jan, I went in for a check up, first in a long time. My BP was 190 over 110. After the speach from my doc, my denial that it was snuff, etc. I gave it up. 3 months later, I was under the high guidelines and now im 110 over 64 (take it regularly since reading how important it is).

If your young and in your 20's, you'll probably be like I was and figure I'll quit sooner or later. I didnt quit until 35, but dont wait. Do it now. God knows how much damage I did while not knowing.

jammergsxr is offline Member
    We know chew is bad,we know we should quit,The Bro. asked if it would hinder his gains he didn't ask for parental guidance.

bouya_ak is offline Junior Member
    I've herd that nicotine robs 30% of the nutrtion that you consume,
    could be wrong though

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    I've never heard of it affecting gains and surely it doesn't make me less hungry just more relaxed. Most people here have addictive personalitys so would we be able to stop if it did probably not!

I have actually quit before...It was only about 2 years after i started, but needless to say i was adicted. The only reason i started back up is because when im in a strict routine (AS diet/training) i have this problem where i tend to let TOO loose on the weekend. Like binge drinking and smokeing ciggarettes. The snuff curbs my mind away from thinking about these things all the time, and now i can go out to a party or something and when someone asks if i want a beer or a cigg i just tell em im fixing to get a dip, and the peer pressure is gone instantly. Just my little secret.
    Last edited by ColdStone; 06-26-2003 at 09:57 AM.

jammergsxr read my post bro. Besides "parental advice, it clearly says nicotine raises your metabolism and suppresses appetite...scientific fact. You tell me if that robs your gains....Now go to your room.

We got plenty of Nic addicts here as I was one as well. You'll justify it being OK despite what anyone says. But science says it will rob gains. Ignore it if you want.

BuffDaddy6982 is offline New Member
    thanks for the help you guys.

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    The blood pressure increase due to nicotine is short term. I would personally not worry about it. It is a stimulant and due to the nature of stimulants blood pressure will be increased.

Positive effects for bodybuilding:

Increased thermogenesis

Increased Satiety (feeling of fullness)

And a sense of Euphoria

Ex_banana-eater

jammergsxr is offline Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by toolman
    [B]jammergsxr read my post bro. Besides "parental advice, it clearly says nicotine raises your metabolism and suppresses appetite...scientific fact. You tell me if that robs your gains....Now go to your room.

Get Fucked Newbie!!

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter North
    I cant believe that some of you are actually rationalizing the use of dip. If you do it thats your own decision, but why rationalize something that has been proven countless times over to cause negative health effects?? Not many members on this board will rationalize the use of alcohol as a crutch for weak self control, but yet some are choosing to do that for tobacco use. If you're not willing to drink because of health concerns then why use tobacco?? I just dont understand why anyone would do one thing and not the other. Toolman although you werent attempting to lecture, you did let the FACTS be known and more power to you bro. PN

I didn't necessarily advocate dip usage. I presented all the positive effects, to add an alternative to this arguement. I did not say that dip will not give him throat or jaw cancer, did I? I merely presented factual information, none of it incorrect. If you have a problem with incorrect information PM me.

wood is offline Associate Member
    I'm a dipper too. Its a bad habit we've got to quit. But it just tastes so damn good and so relaxing after an intense workout.

I think there are lots negative side effects that should detour the "Dippers" away from the habit. But i still firmly belive its 100 times better than smokeing (ciggs or pot) because of the simple fact that it does not effect your respitory system. Thats just me though, im sure alot of you will disagree.

We are all human and we all have bad habits regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter North
    I cant believe that some of you are actually rationalizing the use of dip. If you do it thats your own decision, but why rationalize something that has been proven countless times over to cause negative health effects?? Not many members on this board will rationalize the use of alcohol as a crutch for weak self control, but yet some are choosing to do that for tobacco use. If you're not willing to drink because of health concerns then why use tobacco?? I just dont understand why anyone would do one thing and not the other. Toolman although you werent attempting to lecture, you did let the FACTS be known and more power to you bro. PN
    Why do we use AS? We know that we could have health problems, but we continue to do it.

shujaat is offline Junior Member
    khhhhhhhhh

Thread Information