Thread: winstrol

roidedheat1 is offline New Member

winstrol

I'm a pitcher and all i ever hear about is how most guys in the minors use winstrol . When i research winny all i hear about is the cosmetic effects and how it doesn't make you big. What would be the benefits of using it if im a pitcher. Someone told me that it may add 3-6 mph on your fastball, but i also heard that bout deca and havn't seen it. Please help.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    The reason they use it in the minors is because it's in and out of your system rather quick and it yields decent gains. Don't you guys get tested for steroids at some point during the year by MLB ??Plus, the ballplayers are interested in the effect that it has on "fast-twitch" muscles.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The reason they use it in the minors is because it's in and out of your system rather quick and it yields decent gains. Don't you guys get tested for steroids at some point during the year by MLB ??Plus, the ballplayers are interested in the effect that it has on "fast-twitch" muscles.
    I'll agree with you on the clearance time being a reason that athletes use winstrol but I disagree with you on the 'fast twitch' effect. I would say that the effect(s) on muscle fibres would be more of a function of training stimulus. Like training anaerobically for a higher percentage of fast twitch fibre muscle growth, and training aerobically for for higher percentage of slow twitch fiber muscle growth

Good point chicamohomico. However I think keymastur may have a point about winstrol specifically effecting fast twitch muscles. I'm not sure myself... any other opinions?

And keymastur I don't believe the MLB tests... the only professional sports leagues that test are the NFL and NBA, and those are done at random with a two weeks notice. My question is if there is testing in minors? I assume not since most baseball players juice...

HP

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Huge Presser
    And keymastur I don't believe the MLB tests... the only professional sports leagues that test are the NFL and NBA, and those are done at random with a two weeks notice. My question is if there is testing in minors? I assume not since most baseball players juice...
    No, the MLB tests. At least 2 times a year - both random w/o notice. I have some buddies that play in both the minors & the pros.'

Really? Sorry man I didn't know. That surprises me cuz I thought there was a lot of guys on roids in the majors... thanks for the info bro.

HP

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Really? Sorry man I didn't know. That surprises me cuz I thought there was a lot of guys on roids in the majors... thanks for the info bro.
    Actually, there are a bunch. Canseco once said it was around 40 %. I would say that figure is somewhat accurate. In a Owner's / Union (Player's) meeting last off-season, they came to a few agreements. One of them being steroids & testing. I think they were going to test a few, and if less than 5 % showed positive, then they wouldn't consider. But if more than 5 % were positive, they were going to push for the testing issue even more. This testing is done in-season of course. If you want, I can dig up the site that shows all the issues they were bargaining over.

strollin is offline Associate Member
    I figure they probably use winstrol because it takes what muscle you have and makes it stronger and fuller without really adding body weight. And of course it's out of you system quickly.

Thanks bro.
    I think there's detoxes that can get rid of that shit pretty quickly.
    Good info.

HP

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Good point chicamohomico. However I think keymastur may have a point about winstrol specifically effecting fast twitch muscles. I'm not sure myself... any other opinions?

HP
    I have never done any type of AAS, however I would say that from what I have read that winstrol or any other type of AAS won't create more fast twitch muscles just on it's own. It all comes down to how you train, diet, how well you know you body, then the gear. Get all the other things straight, add the gear, and you have a winning combo. I'll train natural and you give some other guy that doesn't know what the hell he is doing gear, and tell us to train for a sprint, and the guy that didn't know what he was doing is going to lose.. Again, it all comes down to how you train your muscles and CNS. You want speed?? You gotta train for it!

Peace,
    CC

Thread Information