Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good bye

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member

Good bye

hey gang,

thank you for all the wonderful friendships i have made here.

Ive been reduced to the whipping board because someone new knows it all.

i will miss some of you, others i wont.

sorry to see this board go to hell, no more anti flames or posting conversion instructions

VETS are allowed to say and treat anyone like crap that they choose to.

why should i stick around for that? when was the last time someone helped me do anything???

i get many PMs for total conversion help but i dont know what im talking about.

thats cool, long live the vet club. when your wrong just lean on your title.

My love and blessings to ptbyjason, pheedno and a few others i forgot their exact spelling.

i hope this board comes out of it, at one time it was the greatest board on the net.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Damn Buddha I hate to see you go. You are the local Fina Guy in my books. I have noticed the flaming getting a bit out of hand and am sorry to see it drive a good bro as yourself away.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Bro I wouldn't let 1 or a few people cause you to make a decision to leave the board. This is the internet Bro lots of people with lots of opinions. You know what they say about opinions, there like assholes, everyone has one. They only problem I see with that is, some people opinions make them one, asshole that is.

I don't know what happened with you and who ever, so I can't comment. But where there's people there's problems, that's the way life is. So don't let it get you down.

Hope you stick around, but you have to do you think is best for you. Good Luck Bro in what ever you decide.

JohnnyB

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    This is the only board I hang on and the reason is because of the great bro's such as yourself and the two others that responded to your post and the many more that I hope come on here to ask you to stay. Stick around Bro.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Hey bro. I dont even know you, never talked to you. However, your experiences and knowledge WILL be valued by someone I gauruntee that. It may be a newbie like myself but everyone needs guidance, especially in this game! I would hate to see someone who is held highly by others for thier knowledge leave. It would be a shame.

-B

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Take a short break and come back. You have contributed a lot to the board since you have been here. Hope you reconsider. We all have people that we don't get along with but we can manage the problem and try to tolerate it. Good luck with whatever you want to do!

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    Hope you reconsider I have learned alot reading your posts but if you decide to go best of luck to ya. I guess people who truly need help could always e-mail you!

Mike62200 is offline Associate Member
    yeah buddha dont let one prick messin with you run you outta here. you've always gladly helped me out, didn't even know me just read a desperate post and pm me offering to help. it would be fair to yourself to leave or to all the newbies in the future you will help. if you dont stick around though, good luck and thanks for the help bro, maybe I'll see a buddha pop up on another board

righton is offline Senior Member
    Come on, don't let any of the shit get to you! PPL are going to say a lot of crap and if its about you directly let em fuckin have it, don't hold back!! And if ppl with titles are shaking their finger at you, the hell with em you probably know more than they do! If someone wants to get into a pissing contest i'll call him out, after 10+ yrs on the scene i think i know what i'm talking about. And if a bro with a title tells me i don't know what i'm talking about his title better be Mr Universe!

Mike62200 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by righton
    And if a bro with a title tells me i don't know what i'm talking about his title better be Mr Universe!
    I'll second that

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Buddha don't let who ever this is make you leave the board. We need people like you here and I think that's what makes this board stand out from the rest. I hope you change your mind.

mj`zman is offline New Member
    Last week I decided to order all the necessary items to make fina. I made that decision based of Buddahs posts and replies. If that doesnt have any merit then I dont know what does. Buddah I believe you are much bigger than just walking away. Was looking forward to working with you on this project. Please reconsider!

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    Buddha m8, I've never had the pleasure of speaking to you, but I've read a lot of your past posts and was well impressed !
    If you feel you must leave then I'd like to wish all the very best in the future !

the dent depot is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb

Man...I agree with a little bit of everyone's advice Buddah. I think taking some time away...clearing your head...and remembering what drew you to the board in the first place. I get pissed at assholes too...especially ones with so called authority...but you have to remember....people in general, are pretty damn decent. Dont let a few pricks discourage you.

Look at it this way...has anyone written anything saying they think you should leave the board?

Think it through...although I know you'll be drawn back...even if you did decide to leave!

D

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Is this all because of the "oxidation" thread? What am I missing?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i think it is a shame that you feel leaving the board will solve anything here.

if you feel it is the best course of action, then you have to do it. what you feel is best will be the best solution. everyone respects you here for your contributions, but don't be influenced solely by that. you need to stick around because you want to.

best of luck whatever you decide to do bro.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    if there is ever a problem with another member, be it a new member, a vet, a moderator, or me; it should be reported so it can be dealt with in a way that the result is an acceptable solution for everyone. If you truly love this board, stick around and help us make it better. I have no clue what you are talking about bro, but you have got to talk to me about things if you want me to fix them.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    I know what its like to be challenged about something you know to be fact. In my field of work, there are tons of "experts"...that have all this knowledge in theory...but not neccessarily in practice. I like to think I have tons of experience to back my opinions...in my line of work that is. Instead of that dick (BB) bashing your experience/knowlege...he could have used a little more tact, and said.."that method may work as well...But, I just prefer this one".

Stck around Buddah

D

The Butcher is offline Member
    Buddha, I don't remember telling you you could leave!!! Get your ass back here!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serios note, PM Jason and let him help you resolve this. I missed what happend, but you know J is always willing to straighten things out.

Besides, you're only about 45 minutes away from me and I'll drive over their and knock some sense into you if you don't reconsider!

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    you should definitely reconsider bro.

if theres a problem, feel free to pm me or one of the the other mods about it. i think youre a huge asset to this board and i'd hate to see you go.

peace I4L

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Buddha bro wtf? What have i missed? I hope you reconsider and stay bro!

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Come on back B-red, theres always going to be some fuckers on here that will give you shit. Dont even fuck with them. Your my Fina man so you cant go anywhere!

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    this guy is so right, i have to agree with him. this is not the AR i knew when i first came in in desperate need of help. i might pack my bags soon lol !

one way or another, i cannot begin to explain how helpful this board has been to me, but it has changed, im afraid a little for the worst !

regards !

Unfortunately bro theres gonna be pricks everywhere you go. Sometimes you just gotta live with that. I, among many others, have learned alot from reading many of your posts. I hate to see you go and a board like this would loose a good bro. I really hope you have second thoughts, but whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Buddha_Red,

It's never good to see a member go. I don't know you well and I don't know the details of your situation, but I wish you well and hope that you eventually return.

A general statement:

I've been to several boards, and I'm glad this board is strict about certain rules--especially flaming.

I hope the flaming rule is never changed or relaxed, because it forces people to speak inteligently rather than resorting to grade-school behavior.

As far as people being full of themselves, personally I have not seen that here at the vet or mod level (at least with the people that are still here). But, I'm sure such people are around, becuase wherever you go in this world, when "Titles" are involved, there are going to be a few who have a big ego about thier title.

Don't take this as a slam against you, Buddha_Red, this is a comment in general: I think the rules at this board tend to weed out many immature people VERY quickly. I'm thankful for that, because the rules maintain an atmosphere where people can talk without getting-off on being agressive, being rude or displaying false bravado.

Best wishes to you, Buddha_Red.

Red5 is offline Associate Member
    Last edited by Red5; 06-30-2003 at 08:11 AM.

Anxietykilla is offline New Member
    dam and I had some fina questions I needed to ask you Buddha that the main reason I joined on the board...was to get some fina advice from ya...I hope you reconsider......best of luck AK

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Just take a break bro and come back when you're ready. Hope to see you back soon.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    What went down that we all missed?

Buddha Red- I agree, the landscape has changed a bit at AR. We've added tons of new members lately and some older ones have dropped off, but it's still the best board on the net, IMO. I've been to plenty of other boards. No other board has as many knowledgable, credible members willing to help without flaming as AR does.

PM the Mods on this thread about your situation to resolve it. They obviously are not aware of what happened and want to help. No one wants to see you go Buddha, you are one of the older members that's contributed a lot. So I hope you change your mind.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Buddha, I am one member that you helped out, and I can only say that many other new members will miss out on your knowledge if you leave. Chalk whatever happened up as an dispute that cannot be resolved and block the person's messages. I hope you will reconsider leaving AR.

Breetai is offline Associate Member
    hope u stay here with us.. or if u leave, have a nice life bro..

and btw, tnx for your posts when u helped me

mammoth is offline Member
    Buddha--Sorry to see you go! I understand how you feel because I have had a similar run-in with the same person. I read the thread in which I think you are referring to and I do agree that the person came off as a jerk! You shouldn't let something that trivial get to you like it did. In all honesty you seem to be a bit of a sensitive person. Either way it sucks to see a good bro leave, but in the end it is ultimately your choice to make. Later!

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    Hope you stick around.
    It is obvious we all hate to lose good members

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    I beleive this is the thread in question,

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=57797

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    Buddha, hope you decide to stick around. When I first joined the board you were one of the first one's to help me out and thats why I'm still here. Whatever you decide I hope it's for the best, Much Respect!

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Buddha,

I order you to stay here at this board..

All kidding aside, I am totally unaware of what happened, but I wouldn't let this incident keep you away from the board..It takes a bigger man to stick it out even in the face of adversity..Since I know you are a solid member, I am sure you will reconsider and stay here to contribute more of your knowledge..And for the record, I am currently running fina and it was ordered, converted, and utilized all with the direct help and advice of Buddha_Red..So, I know that if you were able to help someone with a strong chemistry background, then you certainly are going to be able to help many others that need your knowledge..Good Luck and hope to see you around here!!!

Doc M

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Bottom line is this. From what I can tell, you will be sorely missed. So, don't let a few members or posts keep you away. Its guys like you that makes this board what it is.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Buddha, I feel you should reconsider your decision. I don't think that this is the first time that the baking delima between you and Billy has surfaced; and allthough I feel Billy is a little condescending in his reply, he makes a point that I feel you should research. His reply should have challenged you to search for more answers, not give up on everyone here.
    I've been put in my place before to. It's part of the nature of the board. Tact and patience is always a plus when recieving a previously unkown piece of info but it's not always the case when you have thousands of members speaking their minds.
    It's adversity like this that should drive you to learn more so that you have no reason to to feel that you should quit at a moment like this.
    Not being a dick, but just being honest, I feel that your a little sour that Billy shed light on a aspect of a subject your called upon most here. It's an eye opener when things such as this happen, but it's no reason to abandon the people that will continue to need your advise
    Quitting the baord is a bad idea when considering the members future cycle decisions in which you advise on, and your own. It only makes things worse.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Budda if you are half the man I think you to be though your help on this board - you will not get caught up on defending your ego but focus on making sure that you are continuing to help people in the best manner - and that takes a bit of maturity to swallow your pride and check your facts - billy's comment came off a tad condecending and he needs to work on that because we dont want that on AR - but he does know his stuff in a lot of powder conversions - but that doesnt make him god either - Remember, what we are after on AR is the truth and the best way to do things - so that means you can just as easily call him on his reasons for stating that so that all can be enlightened - but in any case I feel sure that you are a bigger man than to run away from the people who need your help

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    you are what make this board so great, please reconsider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information