Moonie13 is offline New Member

Question for cycling for someone who has transitioned.

Hey guys new to the forum.

My question is this. Is it necessary to do PCT for someone who has transitioned from female to male? Currently taking 100mg of Test E for "maintenance" or treatment if you will. Thinking about doing a smaller dose maybe 250-300mg a week and just wondering if PCT is neccessary.

As a note, obviously testicles are not a thing and a hysterectomy including removal of the ovaries has been done.

Thanks for the advice!

tectime is offline Member
    Hmmm I don't believe pct will be necessary since you are on an hrt dose already. When you finish your blast ( that's what we call what you are contemplating ) just go back to your maint. dose.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    not across female hormonal pathways- do you have estrogen as part of your mediction or do you know if you convert testosterone to estrogen via aromatase enzyme?

if you do this you will need to take bloodwork, id be running it under the eye of a dr, afterall- i doubt you will have issues doing a cycle with drs help, with transition, they would be obliged to help..
    Last edited by Simon1972; 02-10-2016 at 02:33 AM.

No I don't have estrogen as part of my medications. And I'm not entirely sure if I convert extra T to estrogen... I'm a bit Leary of telling my doctor my hypothetical plan at this point.... Obligated to help yes. But on the same note I don't want them to pull my T script.... Not thst I think they can do this at this point in my transition (5 yeara) but you never know

Blog Entries
    considering they have removed your ovaries, i doubt that they can even legally pull your trt dose. That would be malpractice in my book.

id go ahead, hormonally you should be pulling bloods frequently anyway, do you get tested for estrogen and if so what are your last readings?

i doubt you would be tanked ( zero) so there must be some conversion somewhere. on that alone id be getting some Aromatase inhibitor on hand in case you feel the effect of estrogen coming on.

dosage will be guesswork . typically a guy takes a quarter tablet EOD. thats why i reccomend a 6 week cycle. keep it short.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    not across female hormonal pathways- do you have estrogen as part of your mediction or do you know if you convert testosterone to estrogen via aromatase enzyme?
    All humans (and probably all mammals) possess the aromatase enzyme. No way around that.
    You'll probably want to use a bit of arimidex to keep estrogen under control (though I doubt you'll react as negatively to estrogen as the rest of us).

No PCT needed. Just go back to your normal dose after 8-12 weeks.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    In women, estrogen is produced mainly in the ovaries, but it is also produced by fat cells and the adrenal gland. Therefore, I would think with the addition of extra testosterone , you would have more estrogenic conversion of testosterone with the help of fat cells and your adrenal gland. So an aromatase inhibitor might be necessary.
    This is an absolute hypothesis on my part by the way. Good luck!

They do check me for estrogen although I have no idea what my level was last I had bloodwork done. ill make sure its checked my next time I go which will be in a few months. As for hypothesis, I expect nothing more. I consider myself a walking science experiment so adding more T just adds to that experiment. I know a guy who can get arimidex if my doctor isnt on board.

Off topic but what does a vial of Test E 250mg/ml go for on the street? Not that ill need more right away but just like to have an idea of what it would cost if I ever do need more.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie13 View Post
    They do check me for estrogen although I have no idea what my level was last I had bloodwork done. ill make sure its checked my next time I go which will be in a few months. As for hypothesis, I expect nothing more. I consider myself a walking science experiment so adding more T just adds to that experiment. I know a guy who can get arimidex if my doctor isnt on board.

Off topic but what does a vial of Test E 250mg/ml go for on the street? Not that ill need more right away but just like to have an idea of what it would cost if I ever do need more.
    It really depends on how greedy the seller is, but we don't discuss prices here.

Blog Entries
    nothing stoping you asking for your past results and keeping a file, its actually prudent and highly reccomended that you keep all bloodwork in a file at home.

in life nothing is more important than your own health. make this a priority and drs start reading your results a little more thouroughly when they realise you have a copy too.

nothing stoping you asking for your past results and keeping a file, its actually prudent and highly reccomended that you keep all bloodwork in a file at home.

in life nothing is more important than your own health. make this a priority and drs start reading your results a little more thouroughly when they realise you have a copy too.
    Thats a good idea. My Dr is pretty good about keeping on top of my stuff mainly because he really has no idea what he is doing in regard to transition. I am his first and only trans patient so its been mostly trial and error.

Off topic again but I am taking an AD and noticed that my sex drive had dropped quite a bit, but since ive been doing the bigger dose of T its come back up. So I might be able to get an AI anyways ha

Blog Entries
    Ad???

Antidepressant

Blog Entries
    In men, low T is generally misdiagnosed as depression.

In men, low T is generally misdiagnosed as depression.
    That could be my problem.... my maintenance dose is supposed to be 80mg but I feel better on 100mg and now even more so on 200mg

Thread Information