Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By musclestack

Thread: Rookie here needing advice please! First cycle at age 24 a good idea?

Warden Eternal is offline New Member

Rookie here needing advice please! First cycle at age 24 a good idea?

Good evening everyone! I am a new member here and I am looking for experts to give me advice if it is the right time for me to start my first cycle. I am currently 24 years and I have been lifting for a little over 3 years now. I know little to nothing about anabolic steroids , but one thing I know is that steroids is not a miracle pill that will get you big over night. I am not thinking of competing in bodybuilding, but I just want to surpass my potential and be the best that I can be. I have a couple of friends who started their cycles at under the age of 25. They told me that it is perfectly fine, but I really want to make sure and expand my knowledge before taking any of this stuff. I understand taking steroids is a very serious thing and I want to know the risks or the worst things that can happen to me if I take it. My goal Physique and favorite bodybuilder is Kang Kyung Won. I understand it took him decades to build his body, but it is something I am aiming for. I will also provide a link of a Youtube video of me flexing.

PS : Please! do not laugh at me posing! I don't know how to flex properly so I went by my instincts and mimicked some bodybuilders Lol! Also I know someone will comment about my lagging chest. I know this is my weakest part. I have been working hard to bring it up and made slow but steady improvements. Before I started working out, a doctor almost disqualified me from the Navy because he said my Pectorals had some sort of deformity. He also mentioned I might have a sunken chest.

Thank you for your time and I hope to make new friends and expand my knowledge about anything and everything! Good evening all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmS9oPuOOP4

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    If i were in your shoes, id cycle

Apart from the lagging chest you have made really good gains, your nice and lean, arms and back are solid!

Some will say you could try and get more gains by tweaking the diet even more, but if you feel your ready and you want to then go for it.

Read this, it will help you a lot
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...rst-cycle.html

kallmenelly is offline Associate Member
    You hate chest days don't lie. Jk
    Last edited by kallmenelly; 03-12-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Thanks for replying gentlemen. Haha I actually love chest days. I been trying to bring up my chest lately and I have two chest days in a week. It is by far my most stubborn body part lol. Well if I do run a cycle what is the worst thing that can happen? I heard horror stories of being paralyzed if you accidentally hit a nerve in your glutes with an injection. Some say AAS has different negative effects on everyone. I was thinking of asking my care physician or doctor if he was willing to adminiater it properly. I know AAS is illegal here in California but I heard people could get them legally for "competition purposes". Thanks for the compliment man. You look solid also! I did not expect this forum to be so quiet lol.

When you do chest do you try an push as much weight as possible even if it is only 2-3 reps?? Because that's what you have to do to rip that muscle.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kallmenelly View Post
    When you do chest do you try an push as much weight as possible even if it is only 2-3 reps?? Because that's what you have to do to rip that muscle.
    Form trumps weight any day of the wk... Then when you can use proper form and overload the weight - then your getting somewhere!

OP - you may not be teaining hard enough(on chest days) no need for 2chest days in a wk if your really tearing the muscle down correctly... If anything e5day is the earliest Id do a BP again(and it would be a lagging BP) as you mentioned... Try upping your intensity and shortening your rest periods!
    clarky. likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Form trumps weight any day of the wk... Then when you can use proper form and overload the weight - then your getting somewhere!

OP - you may not be teaining hard enough(on chest days) no need for 2chest days in a wk if your really tearing the muscle down correctly... If anything e5day is the earliest Id do a BP again(and it would be a lagging BP) as you mentioned... Try upping your intensity and shortening your rest periods!

BOOM spot on.
    NACH3 likes this.

Xv1d is offline Junior Member
    I had a lagging chest up until 6 months ago. I dropped benchpress and started doing BB and DB floorpress with heavy emphasize on the negative movement, once I got that down I focused on properly contracting my chest at the very top of all my chest movements. Not just moving the weights to a pause on top, but keeping tension and contraction all the time. Huge difference! Good luck!

Thanks for the advice on chest workouts. I will try them out tomorrow. But back to my original question. Do you guys think now os the right time for me to do a cycle or should I wait it out and try and get more natural gains. I remember a guy telling me I might be reaching my genetic potential and gear would surpass that. Thanks again for the replies everyone.

I also forgot to ask. Do you guys think my lagging chest has something to do with my genetics also? If you look closely my pecs are uneven and I always thought bad chest genetics is one of the controbuting factors to it lagging behind.

Xv1d is offline Junior Member
    You say "I know little to nothing about anabolic steroids ". This is the first thing you should change. Start by reading these threads:

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-steroids.html
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...ffect-you.html
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...rst-cycle.html
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...njections.html
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...od-counts.html

Educate yourself, dont rely on some hearsay from your friends, know the facts.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I don't see anything wrong with starting a cycle at your stats, other than not being educated on AAS. Use the next several months to read through this forum and gain as much knowledge as you can before you start anything. Start by reading through the posts that Xv1d posted above. You can also head over to the training/workout forum for advice on how to hit your chest. Sometimes it is, in fact, a genetic thing. I also have a lagging chest, and I've tried dozens of ways to train it over the years. It has made improvements, but nothing like the rest of my body. My father also had a lagging chest. Oh well, I still bench press over 400 lbs., so I'm not worried lol!

Good luck, OP! And feel free to ask questions while you're learning. We're here to help.

P.S. I only skimmed over your video, but I didn't notice any leg shots? You're training those wheels, right?
    Xv1d likes this.

DROY is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post

Good luck, OP! And feel free to ask questions while you're learning. We're here to help.

P.S. I only skimmed over your video, but I didn't notice any leg shots? You're training those wheels, right?
    I'll second that, I see too many people in the gym who spend their time on chest and arms but I never see them in the leg area. Get in there and give the legs a good work out and it will pay dividends in the long run.

What good are huge muscles, if you don't have decent size legs to move them.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kallmenelly View Post
    What good are huge muscles, if you don't have tree trunk-size legs to move them.
    Edited

JayMoe is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warden Eternal View Post
    Thanks for replying gentlemen. Haha I actually love chest days. I been trying to bring up my chest lately and I have two chest days in a week. It is by far my most stubborn body part lol. Well if I do run a cycle what is the worst thing that can happen? I heard horror stories of being paralyzed if you accidentally hit a nerve in your glutes with an injection. Some say AAS has different negative effects on everyone. I was thinking of asking my care physician or doctor if he was willing to adminiater it properly. I know AAS is illegal here in California but I heard people could get them legally for "competition purposes". Thanks for the compliment man. You look solid also! I did not expect this forum to be so quiet lol.
    You honestly look pretty good, man. You aren't one of the people that I'd try to talk out of a cycle, so if you think you're ready, go for it. To address some potential issues first:

Get initial blood work for hormones and then a repeat test three to six months later before you start. This will show trending hormone levels. If the levels remain relatively stable, you're golden.

Most injection sites are in recommended spots by the medical community because it is almost impossible to hit a major nerve. Look up the recommended sites (I believe there's a pinned link on the forum here), and most inportantly, maintain sanitary injection practices (don't reuse needles, wipe vial and injection area down with alcohol wipes before you use them, etc).

This is the big one people haven't pointed out...steroids are illegal without a prescription. There is no "waiver" or legality for "competition purposes". If you get caught with them, the penalties will be on par with that of a schedule III substance; local authorities with lesser penalties than federal authorities. Your physician, while not legally obligated to report you unless he deems you a threat to yourself or others (some physicians treat steroids like poison) will absolutely not risk his medical license or jail time by helping you administer an illicit substance. You are on your own with that one. I wouldn't even bring it up with your physician since that can be included on insurance reports if it's permanently documented in your medical records.

Finally, make sure you have EVERYTHING before you start a cycle. That includes on-cycle AIs and your PCT for afterwards. Do NOT start your cycle unless you have EVERYTHING that is recommended to have. You don't want to run into money problems at a later point or a delayed shipment that prolongs you starting your PCT, which is there to help ensure your hormone levels return to normal after your cycle.

Hey guys sorry for the late replies. Been busy at school with mid-terms. Anyway I can assure all of you that I hit legs just as hard. I have decent shape on my thighs and my calves have good definition and vascularity even if its not the biggest. I remember my gym "mentor" who was a competitor told me to hit legs because it raises natural test and booat natural growth hormones which results to over all growth. I believe it did help me build my upper body. I will get a video of me flexing me legs when I get the chance. I been reading up a lot and honestly it kind of scary because of the threads of guys my age who have sex drive problems and worst became impotent. Thanks again for your advices especially the guy above who replied. Thank you Mr JayMoe. My other question, is there a steroid stack that will not give me water retention? I heard test can make you bloated and I dont like the idea. If possible I want to stay ripped and gain soze of that. Also achieve that dry extremely vascular look lol. I am still doing tons of research. Also I know prices varies but how much is one good cycle with pct? Thanks again.

Thread Information