markas214 is offline Senior Member

lagging body parts on cycle

I posted this on cycle results with no replies. Maybe I can get some help here.

I like many others have muscles that grow with little efort and others that lag behind. My delts, tris, hamstrings, calfs and back are all very well developed. On the other hand my biceps, quads and pecs are below the level of development of the rest of my body. My question is how do others bring up these weaker areas while on a cycle? For example while I can easily squat over 400 lbs for reps my lower quads just don't grow to the point where they will hang over my knees. My chest is wide and over 50", but the inner part is not as thick as the outer. While my arms are currently 17 1/2 cold I'm sure that if my biceps were proportional to my triceps I'd have at leat another inch. What do you all think I can do to bring these parts up? I am currently into week 4 of a 12 week prop/fina/winny cycle.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Some of it is just genetics and can be hard to overcome but the only way to handle lagging body parts is to find exercises that help isolate those muscle groups. Sometimes changing how often you work something or your rep range can give added growth to a particular body part such as working bi's only once every eight days.

dangit is offline Member
    I find that when on a cycle, hitting the lagging body parts twice as often as the rest helps me get them to catch up.

Hopefully, your body can recuperate a lot faster when on a cycle and the extra load you put on those bodyparts will help them grow that much more.

A lot of it is genetics and it'll be hard to get them on par with the rest of your body, but it can be done with some time and effort.

My lats and pecs were my weak parts last year and I now feel that they've come a long way from were they were. I hit them both twice a week this year and saw them grow nicelly.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I have found exercises which seem to help my biceps and triceps. I just can't get the quads. I will try doing heavy hack squats and leg extensions and maybe lay off regular squats as they get me strong but not much growth. I will als start hitting the lagging parts 2 times a week and see if that helps. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    Some of it is just genetics and can be hard to overcome but the only way to handle lagging body parts is to find exercises that help isolate those muscle groups. Sometimes changing how often you work something or your rep range can give added growth to a particular body part such as working bi's only once every eight days.

I agree also you may want to design your routine to work lagging body parts first in the week.

For me it is shoulders so that is the start of my weekly routine.

Also try confusing them by changing exercises and reps like stated above. Change the frequency and the way you hit them and they should catch up.

Unfortunately we are limited some what to genetics even with AS so be patient it may take time.

Peace..PA

Thread Information