My Cycle:
    Duration: 12 Weeks
    Week 1-12: Test E at 250mg per 3.5 days [500mg per week total]
    Week 1-12: hCG at 250ius per 3.5 days [500iu per week total]
    Week 8-12: Anavar at 50mg every day
    Week 1-14: Arimidex at 0.25mg EOD
    ???: PCT of Nolvadex and Clomid

Background Information:
    So I haven't started this cycle yet but I'm planning to run it later on.

Questions:
    1. What should my PCT look like? I have both Clomid and Nolvadex but I'm just not sure what dosage they should be run at. I will be running the Anavar for the last 5 weeks of the cycle so the addition of the oral should affect my PCT dosages.
    2. (BONUS SEMI-UNRELATED QUESTION) What's a good testosterone base to run with Anavar?
    Last edited by thrw.w4y; 04-22-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Muse is offline Junior Member
    Morning Mate, Obviously before being in a position to advise you - what are your stats? (Age, Training experience, Height, Weight, Goals.) Id assume from this cycle, your wanting to bulk up and hoping to solidify gain using Var? Is this your first cycle too? Generally orals aren't recommended for beginners, Anavar does not aromatize or convert to DHT, and has an 8 hour half-life.

1. PCT is standard: Weeks 15 to 18
    The oral has a half-life of ~8hours, so will have cleared come PCT time in week 15
    Clomid 75/50/50/50, Nolva 40/20/20/20

2. A Good Testosterone Base?:
    Basically, a beginner cycle should really only use one of three basic testosterone 's. You have Test E, and also Test C (The only real difference is the half-life they carry, Test C is slightly higher so PCT time would be a little later than 2 weeks. Finally there's Test Prop (but not really advised a requires a pin EOD). So just between Test Enth and Test Cyp.
    thrw.w4y likes this.

thrw.w4y is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Morning Mate, Obviously before being in a position to advise you - what are your stats? (Age, Training experience, Height, Weight, Goals.) Id assume from this cycle, your wanting to bulk up and hoping to solidify gain using Var? Is this your first cycle too? Generally orals aren't recommended for beginners, Anavar does not aromatize or convert to DHT, and has an 8 hour half-life.

1. PCT is standard: Weeks 15 to 18
    The oral has a half-life of ~8hours, so will have cleared come PCT time in week 15
    Clomid 75/50/50/50, Nolva 40/20/20/20

2. A Good Testosterone Base?:
    Basically, a beginner cycle should really only use one of three basic testosterone's. You have Test E, and also Test C (The only real difference is the half-life they carry, Test C is slightly higher so PCT time would be a little later than 2 weeks. Finally there's Test Prop (but not really advised a requires a pin EOD). So just between Test Enth and Test Cyp.
    Actually, I plan to use this for a cutting cycle. Just out of curiosity, does using it for a bulk change anything? I'm currently on a cycle running only Test E. 26 years old, 5'9, 180lbs, have been training for 8 years. Goals are just to add some lean mass gains and strength gains. I don't plan on being a consistent user of steroids .

So the standard PCT dosage doesn't change at all, even if I use an oral steroid ?

Liked and Repped. Thanks for the help.

Muse is offline Junior Member
    Hi mate,
    Sorry, I just assumed being a first cycle that you would be using it for a bulk as most people do. Var is generally regarded as a cutting oral steroid though so you're on a right track. And nope, a basic test cycle is fine to cut or bulk with. Intermediate guys normally use a test prop to cut with as it kicks in right way as opposed to weeks 3-6 with test e. But you're doing the right thing IMO with a basic test cycle. The only thing I'd recommend is to leave out the var. Not saying it wont work wonders because it does.

And standard PCT is used still yes, your cycle isn't too harsh and falls within the region to use the basic protocol listed above.

Also the only thing which determines whether the cycle i cutting or bulking, is DIET. 90% of gains are determined by diet, make sure it's on top form. Also your training (especially cardio), sleep are important. Plenty of info on this forum, read the stickies if unsure. Good luck, post some before photos.
    thrw.w4y likes this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    If this is your first cycle then using var along with test is overkill.

Regardless, 4 weeks of var is a short time to get any real gains from it, you'll basically be taking it for the pump.

An expensive pre workout.

Pre cycle blood work is a very important and often overlooked step when cycling.

Have you had blood work yet?

If you haven't already then please read the link below.

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle
    thrw.w4y likes this.

thrw.w4y is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Hi mate,
    Sorry, I just assumed being a first cycle that you would be using it for a bulk as most people do. Var is generally regarded as a cutting oral steroid though so you're on a right track. And nope, a basic test cycle is fine to cut or bulk with. Intermediate guys normally use a test prop to cut with as it kicks in right way as opposed to weeks 3-6 with test e. But you're doing the right thing IMO with a basic test cycle. The only thing I'd recommend is to leave out the var. Not saying it wont work wonders because it does.

And standard PCT is used still yes, your cycle isn't too harsh and falls within the region to use the basic protocol listed above.

Also the only thing which determines whether the cycle i cutting or bulking, is DIET. 90% of gains are determined by diet, make sure it's on top form. Also your training (especially cardio), sleep are important. Plenty of info on this forum, read the stickies if unsure. Good luck, post some before photos.
    Ah, I see. I got the anavar for free from a friend so I was planning to use it for my cutting cycle anyway. I just think it's a bit of a waste if I don't use it considering how good of a product it is. I'll probably run it with Test Prop then. Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    If this is your first cycle then using var along with test is overkill.

Regardless, 4 weeks of var is a short time to get any real gains from it, you'll basically be taking it for the pump.

An expensive pre workout.

Pre cycle blood work is a very important and often overlooked step when cycling.

Have you had blood work yet?

If you haven't already then please read the link below.
    This is not my first cycle. I'm currently on my first cycle right now, running only Test E. I'm planning on running the anavar later on (sometime in September) for a cutting cycle. Also, I have done pre-cycle blood work, mid-cycle blood work, and I will be getting post-cycle blood work done as well. The link you posted is the exact site I'm using for my current cycle. Thanks again for the help. It's always nice to see veterans helping out the new guy.

Liked and Repped.

Thread Information