usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone else notice this?

I've noticied a growing trend on this board lately that could possibly turn into a problem if not addressed properly. Of course I will not mention any names but I'm sure many people know who and what I'm talking about. It seems that some "more qualified" members are so willing to give cycle advice to newer members that they forget to ask first for background info. such as age, cycle exp., stats, etc. For example, why would someone advise a newbie to stack deca and sus when the person does not provide any info whatesoever. Let's say this person is really some 17 yr. overweight teen that lives off of donuts and slurpees. Would the best bulking cycle in the world do anything to better's this kids' physique? Probably not, right. Okay, sus and deca do make for a solid first cycle for someone looking to bulk up, but it does no good for someone who doesn't even have their license yet, eats donuts all day long, and sports a 25% bf outfit.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    I've noticied a growing trend on this board lately that could possibly turn into a problem if not addressed properly. Of course I will not mention any names but I'm sure many people know who and what I'm talking about. It seems that some "more qualified" members are so willing to give cycle advice to newer members that they forget to ask first for background info. such as age, cycle exp., stats, etc. For example, why would someone advise a newbie to stack deca and sus when the person does not provide any info whatesoever. Let's say this person is really some 17 yr. overweight teen that lives off of donuts and slurpees. Would the best bulking cycle in the world do anything to better's this kids' physique? Probably not, right. Okay, sus and deca do make for a solid first cycle for someone looking to bulk up, but it does no good for someone who doesn't even have their license yet, eats donuts all day long, and sports a 25% bf outfit.

I agree that background should be provided to get a real idea of what is best - the same questions (sometimes by the same people) get asked again and again and it is all too easy to give a "McCycle" as response. That is from people who are being helpful but probably need to get some more info first - problem is we all know that you have time only to respond to it once or twice so sometimes things are done quickly - still, McCycles are often better than what people come up with on their own when they are new so as long as the proper disclaimer is there I think they still have merit

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Okay, sus and deca do make for a solid first cycle for someone looking to bulk up, but it does no good for someone who doesn't even have their license yet, eats donuts all day long, and sports a 25% bf outfit.
    What cycle should they take? (sorry couldn't resist)

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    I tend to agree with u.s.

but to be honest, i sometimes just post up a cycle without thinking about who is really getting the info. i'm getting better at waiting to get the background, but i still slip up and post once in a while.

peace I4L

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I4L- I'll excuse you this time but don't let this happen again...or else you will be in danger of a demotion

But yeah I do realize everyone is guilty at one time or another for handing out advice to someone without knowing the other person's profile. Shit, I even slipped at one time or another. I just noticied this happening more lately around here and wanted to make sure the high standards of the board are maintained (as they always are).

Cycleon-"McCycles" I like that expression, I think I'm going to steal it and turn it into a marketing empire..."McCycles, over a billion served daily." How does that sound on a t-shirt? lol

Rickson-wow! never knew you had a sense of humor...j/k (good one bro)

Thread Information