Phoenix42 is offline New Member

Question Finished a Clen cycle now looking for advice on bulking cycle

I've been a lurker here for a long time and have spent a good amount of time reading before jumping in so hopefully can get a couple of suggestions based on what I've put here.

Firstly some background. I'm mid 30's and been playing football in Australia since I was 13. In that time I've spent plenty of time building a fitness/strength base so feel like I'm ready for some help now. I'm at the tail end of my local footy career and want to finish off in the next few years. I've decided to take a year off this year to fix a couple of niggling injuries that have accumulated over the years as well as get a bit stronger, fitter and faster.

I'm 6feet tall and weigh 190 pounds. Ideally I'm aiming to hit 220 for my position but that may not be realistic in the timeframe I'm looking at. That's the goal though. I'm finishing a second cycle of clen to get rid of some of the last stubborn fat I've had and feel like I'm probably 1 or two pounds off where I'd want to be before I start bulking.

My goals are:

Initially put on some size and strength (mainly upper body, I've focussed a hell of a lot on lower body and my legs are really solid, strong and big), then work on fitness and speed before leading into the season in January next year. Basically I have around 35 weeks to prepare. My diet is pretty good for cutting and I've been through plenty of natural bulking stages so also know I have that down nicely too. The reason I'm looking to go down this route is I'm stagnating a little with my bulking the past year or so while trying to maintain playing footy. Also I really only have 35 weeks to see some significant changes to head into the footy season.

To put a slight spanner in the works I can't inject. It's partly can't and partly won't. My current lifestyle and living arrangements just won't allow me to bring syringes into the house so I'm strictly doing this orally. I realise that won't let me get the best out of this period but that's what I'm stuck with an would appreciate any advice.

Is an oral only cycle going to give me benefits or is this not likely to be worth it?

Huge thanks for any advice!!
    Last edited by Phoenix42; 05-29-2016 at 04:28 AM.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Welcome to the forum Phoenix.

Running an oral only cycle is a very bad idea.

Please read the threads attached below.

If you have more questions after reading the attached threads then ask away.

Cycles without Testosterone: Why you should avoid them at all costs

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

The only oral steroid I would run without Test would be Anavar . Anavar is the weakest steroid out there but you will still need full PCT. Any oral steroid will be hard on the liver so you don't want to run it longer than 8 weeks and DAC for liver support is highly recommended. So, 8 weeks on Anavar + 1 week rest + 4 weeks PCT = 13 weeks. You rest for 13 to 16 weeks and now you're at 29 weeks. You can potentially run a second Anavar cycle at 29 weeks. You should know that Anavar will not get you from 190lbs to 220lbs. It's too weak. You might gain 5lbs to 10lbs but you will get stronger and leaner. The difference between a bulking cycle and a cutting cycle is pretty much the ester of the AAS and how much water your body retains. The real differentiater is the diet and the % of macro nutrient you're taking in during your cycle. If you want to be a big man, you need to eat like a big man. The AAS is just to help take advantage of your diet. Don't depend on the AAS to help you gain weight because if your diet is off, you'll lose most of your gains as soon as you finish your PCT. That was a mouthful. In summary, 1) come up with a 35 week diet plan that will help you gain the 30lbs, 2) plan out a workout regiment (Ronnie's slingshot workout program is awesome The Slingshot Training System), 3) Run your Anavar cycle, 4) make sure you do a full PCT after your cycle. Have fun, good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate the info. I was hoping to leave out the reason for avoiding syringes but should probably add it in. I'm in a relationship with someone who was in a previous relationship that dealt with other types of drugs and it's not something that would be welcome at the moment. She has 3 kids that have grown up with that past and it's tough right now.

She's amazingly supportive and I think she'd be accepting if I did want to pursue it but I don't think that's fair to her. Hence wanting to go down the oral only route. At least for now.

I guess a follow up question would be what the minimum amount would be to hopefully also minimize having to do it too often. I'm not worried about injecting, just what it would do to my GF.

Also would goals of initially gaining size and strength followed by fitness change the usual cycles? Or would it even help much at all?

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Welcome to the forum Phoenix.

Running an oral only cycle is a very bad idea.

Please read the threads attached below.

If you have more questions after reading the attached threads then ask away.

[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    The only oral steroid I would run without Test would be Anavar. Anavar is the weakest steroid out there but you will still need full PCT. Any oral steroid will be hard on the liver so you don't want to run it longer than 8 weeks and DAC for liver support is highly recommended. So, 8 weeks on Anavar + 1 week rest + 4 weeks PCT = 13 weeks. You rest for 13 to 16 weeks and now you're at 29 weeks. You can potentially run a second Anavar cycle at 29 weeks. You should know that Anavar will not get you from 190lbs to 220lbs. It's too weak. You might gain 5lbs to 10lbs but you will get stronger and leaner. The difference between a bulking cycle and a cutting cycle is pretty much the ester of the AAS and how much water your body retains. The real differentiater is the diet and the % of macro nutrient you're taking in during your cycle. If you want to be a big man, you need to eat like a big man. The AAS is just to help take advantage of your diet. Don't depend on the AAS to help you gain weight because if your diet is off, you'll lose most of your gains as soon as you finish your PCT. That was a mouthful. In summary, 1) come up with a 35 week diet plan that will help you gain the 30lbs, 2) plan out a workout regiment (Ronnie's slingshot workout program is awesome, 3) Run your Anavar cycle, 4) make sure you do a full PCT after your cycle. Have fun, good luck.
    Thanks Scotch! I really appreciate that. Anavar was on my list towards the end of that 30 week period but perhaps it's the better way to go. Would you be able to expand on the DAC use? I wasn't aware that was necessary from everything I've read so far. I was also under the impression this was only in injectable form? Or am I mixing this up with something else?

Would a second cycle of Anavar be possible during higher intensity cardio training? Some of these sessions last upwards of 2 hours and can be fairly intense. What about in season? Is there anything I could take next year during the season that could help?

My expectation isn't that I'll hit the 220lbs any time soon but I'd like to push for that before I finish playing. If I can figure out the best way to go with my goals I can continue it next season as well.

Diet/Eating certainly isn't my weakest point. Having been playing this sport for this long I've realised just how much I have to eat to keep playing and improving. Cutting is like my worst nightmare but I'm very close to my goal there.

In terms of training and my workout program that's pretty much set out for me. My biggest issue is around focussing on upper body strength/size and really just maintaining lower body size (with some strength increase). I have huge legs and don't want to get bigger there. Injuries to upper body over the years have meant I've spent a lot of time building my legs. Would you think that would change results I'd see?

Thanks again for this! I'm trying to find similar cycles for what I'm trying to do but it's difficult when it's sport related I've found. Much appreciated.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix42 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate the info. I was hoping to leave out the reason for avoiding syringes but should probably add it in. I'm in a relationship with someone who was in a previous relationship that dealt with other types of drugs and it's not something that would be welcome at the moment. She has 3 kids that have grown up with that past and it's tough right now.

She's amazingly supportive and I think she'd be accepting if I did want to pursue it but I don't think that's fair to her. Hence wanting to go down the oral only route. At least for now.

I guess a follow up question would be what the minimum amount would be to hopefully also minimize having to do it too often. I'm not worried about injecting, just what it would do to my GF.

Also would goals of initially gaining size and strength followed by fitness change the usual cycles? Or would it even help much at all?

Thanks for the help!
    The minimum you're going to have to pin is every other day.

Using test you can reach any goal you set that's within reason.

Thread Information