Heisman is offline New Member

Question syringe re-usage?

I am new to this sight but I was hoping you guys could help.
    I recently was opening a glass vial of primo when it basically exploded but i was able to save some of it. So i popped open a new one and added it to what was salvaged from the original and shot about half of it and saved the next half for next time. Am I going to be ok using the same syringe with a new needle?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    I would never do that.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Why risk infection for 10cents?

Can I just put the primo into something else and then into another syringe?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree...... never re-use.

Hopefully no glass particles made it into the syringe.

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    bro a little advice I picked up from a good brotha on the board ... use a pen cap to pop the amp and if you really wanna be safe about it score around the edge of the vial with a nail file to insure a smooth break.

credit to PS

I think ive been breaking them the wrong way. A buddy of mine told me to push on the blue dot next to the slit in the glass, but to me it makes more since to have the slit in the glass facing away from the way your pushing.

Never ever reuse syringes. You greatly increase your risk of infection.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    The "I"'s have it...

NEO-OEN is offline Associate Member
    G Child, only if the I stands for Infection! hahha

Explicit is offline New Member
    If you can pre load the syringe why cant he just use the rest later? Is it due to the aspiration? I mean the liquid left over is still good and clean. He is not talking about the actual needle

inertia is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit
    If you can pre load the syringe why cant he just use the rest later? Is it due to the aspiration? I mean the liquid left over is still good and clean. He is not talking about the actual needle
    Ive actually done that before,the thing you need to think about is the glass fragments.I sometimes dont realize how tight im holding the amp and it explodes,there is always some glass that gets into your gear its inevitable.

Take your time to open the amp cleanly,dont rush the process.As far as reusing your gear it depends on alot of things.I would have shot the rest and saved myself the hassle.goodluck

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah no kidding. Why not just inject the rest at that time? No biggy

freakmaster is offline Junior Member
    I hope this helps bro. Whenever you are breaking a amp, always break away from yourself, you should use the middle of your thumb, right around the crease at the joint area. Your thumb should be around the bottom of the crease in the amp. The blue dot on amps indicate the area in which pressure should be applied, not all amps have this but some do. When breaking the amp, break away from yourself and slightly upward, in a flickering motion, your thumb should be horizonal to the amp. So basically the blue dot on the amp, should be at the crease in the middle of your thumb. When you break the amp, you should hear a pop, this indicated a clean break. When you draw out of any amp, you should always use a filter needle, a .5 micron will do, no need for .22micron, this filter needle takes up about .4 to .3 ml of solution, too much to lose in a filter such as this, espicially if you are injecting .5 IM. When you draw out of a amp using a .5micron filter needle, draw back on the syringe to get out all the solution that may be trapped in the filter, a .5 micron filter needle usually takes up about .25ml of solution, not alot considering, but alot when you are injecting a small amount IM. And never reuse needles or syringes, everything must be kept as sterile as possible. Filtering a solution from a amp filters out any particulant matter such as glass and bacteria bigger than .5 micron, which is the size of most of the bacteria that cause infections. I have broken probably thousands of amps and injected hundreds of patients over the years, and trust me, if you do the above mentioned you shouldn't have any problems. I hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks a lot to everyone who replied. I really appreciate the help and knowledge.

jtrance1 is offline New Member
    Buy A Dam 6 Dollar Amp Opener

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrance1
    Buy A Dam 6 Dollar Amp Opener
    agreed...makes opening amps a cinch with no fragmentation or glass shards to worry about.

BigLarry is offline Associate Member
    I wouldnt reuse a syringe. Someone posted pics on here recently showing pics after a reused then resued and it looked terrible. I would never reuse.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Best way to open the amp is the top of a pen cap...Works perfect everytime

Thread Information