Newbiern is offline New Member

Newbie planning first cycle.

Ok guys, getting ready for my first cycle. Currently on HRT 100mg TestCyp/wk. Doc also has me taking Clomid 50mg per day and Letrozole 1.25mg every other week.

My proposed plan:
    TestCyp 200mg two time a week/ 10week cycle
    Wk 1-10 Arimidex .25mg EOD
    Wk 1-12 hCG 150-250 IU twice/week.

PCT wk 13 to wk 17
    Clomid 75/50/50/50
    Nolva 40/20/20/20

Any input on the cycle??

I have read different opinions on PCT or no PCT and starting back HRT. Opinions??

My current T runs 1000 on 100 MG/week. What level should I aim for on a good first cycle?

Should I stop the clomid and letro I am currently taking for the cycle?

Thanks in advance for any input.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    You're doctor is not well versed in HRT if he has you taking closed ed and 1.25mg of letro every other week.

What are your stats?

How long have you been training?

Cross fit off and on for several 5? Years. Wife is a instructor.
    6"2 210 around 18%. 45 yr old
    Getting back into lifting for hypertrophy
    Initially, prior to get, test was 300. Feel much better with hrt and levels around 1000. Don't have the rest of labs with me right now. What would normal HRT include other that T

Quote Originally Posted by Newbiern View Post
    Cross fit off and on for several 5? Years. Wife is a instructor.
    6"2 210 around 18%. 45 yr old
    Getting back into lifting for hypertrophy
    Initially, prior to get, test was 300. Feel much better with hrt and levels around 1000. Don't have the rest of labs with me right now. What would normal HRT include other that T
    Below is an active thread where members share their TRT protocols.

Share your protocol..... for TRT

Most on TRT take test e/c twice per week, anastrozole and 250IU of hcg twice per week.

Clomid is used to stimulate the hypothalamus into producing lh.

It doesn't make any sense for you to take clomid if you're on TRT.

The blast you proposed if fine but should concentrate on getting your TRT down first.

Also, it would be a good idea to lose a bit of bf.

The higher your bf the more difficult it can be to control e2 when on a supraphysiological amount of test.

How long have you been following this TRT protocol?

This HRT for around 5 years. Trained hard with a friend who competed and saw little results. Sought out dr that advertised locally to "feel young again".
    Have just started back doing a mix of xfit and lifting. Have cleaned diet up and started cardio back. Bf should be coming down in next few weeks.

scardinals8 is offline New Member
    There are several reason your doctor could have you on both Clomid and Test. First, some people don't respond adequately to Clomid; they may see a bump in their test levels, but may still be experiencing symptoms of low T. Therefore, a low dose of testosterone is given to help supplement the body's levels. Second, Clomid stimulates FSH release, which stimulates the production of sperm; so Clomid - originally a woman's fertility drug - helps preserve fertility, because TRT alone can cause infertility. Lastly, Clomid stimulates LH release, which stimulates the leydig cells to produce testosterone. When taking exogenous testosterone, the testicles shutdown and atrophy since they no longer need to produce test. Therefore, Clomid helps preserve testicular size and integrity, as well. The Letrozole also makes sense. Basic physiology explains it: Your body converts testosterone into DHT and Estradiol (estrogen). Logically, as your testosterone levels rise, so do your estrogen levels. Too much estrogen produces unwanted and undesirable side effects e.g., gyno. Letrozole blocks this conversion process to help keep your estrogen levels down.

So I think the regiment your doctor has you on is excellent, imo. I would talk to your doctor about the Clomid and Letrozole while on cycle. My guess is he will have you stay on both, but adjust the dosages.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Newbiern View Post
    This HRT for around 5 years. Trained hard with a friend who competed and saw little results. Sought out dr that advertised locally to "feel young again".
    Have just started back doing a mix of xfit and lifting. Have cleaned diet up and started cardio back. Bf should be coming down in next few weeks.
    Alright, it seems like you're on the right track.

I just think that you should look into adjusting your TRT slightly.

It might help if you visited our HRT forum and maybe get the opinions from folks who know more about TRT.

BTW welcome to the board!

Thanks guys. Already reading in the trt forum.

Thread Information