Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Macros
  • 1 Post By Northernpumps
  • 1 Post By KINGKONG

Thread: Pin selection

Macros is offline Junior Member

Pin selection

I'm going to start my first cycle and I'm deciding what gauge and length pins to buy. I'll be injecting test in my quads only and I don't want to inject too deep. If I was injecting in the glute I would go with a 1 inch bc there's more fat there. But since there is basically no fat on my quads I am thinking a 5/8 inch would be ideal.

Any advice?

Also, what gauge - 23 or 25

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1" is perfect for everything but glutes. 1.5" is best for glutes, but you can get away with 1" if you're lean.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use 1" and only do quad injections, never had a problem, and I stick it with only about an 1/16 inch left showing, 25ga.
    Last edited by Charlie67; 07-01-2016 at 09:22 AM.

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    as stated 1" for quads, doctor does glutes with a 1 1/2"...i draw with
    22g, and inject with 25g, i push in slowly, just cant come to jabbing myself,
    asperate,(pull back on needle)make sure not in a vein....inject slowly...

Thank you all for the input. Much appreciated!

Not sure if I can ask this on here but it's pins not AAS so I'll give it a shot - any recommended sites for buying pins? I have been looking around but I can't find just the screw on tip replacements. They're all full syringes.

Justice4all is offline New Member
    I've been using 25g 1 inch for quads without issues but decided to try 27g to minimize scar tissue long term for TRT.
    I got some 27g 1/2 inch for pinning my delts and some 27g 1 1/4 inch for quads even though I only went about an inch in.
    I literally can't feel anything with the 27g but it takes a little longer to inject.

Justice4all is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Thank you all for the input. Much appreciated!

Not sure if I can ask this on here but it's pins not AAS so I'll give it a shot - any recommended sites for buying pins? I have been looking around but I can't find just the screw on tip replacements. They're all full syringes.
    There's some good medical suppliers online and they are legal if you're in the US like allegro.

Thank you Justice4all. I used the site you suggested to buy 25 gauge 1 inch for the quad injections, 18 gauge 1 inch needle caps to draw and 30 gauge slin pins for sub-q HCG injections. I got a great deal on the site and spent about $30-$40 less than I thought I was going to have to spend. Thanks again!
    Justice4all likes this.

Northernpumps is offline Junior Member
    i used 1" for quad injections but there was a communication error at the pharmacy one day and i ended up with about 5 weeks of injections worth of 5/8" pins and just went with it...I have VERY lean legs (zero fat basically) and i noticed no difference or problems..
    Red Bastard likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    I'm going to start my first cycle and I'm deciding what gauge and length pins to buy. I'll be injecting test in my quads only and I don't want to inject too deep. If I was injecting in the glute I would go with a 1 inch bc there's more fat there. But since there is basically no fat on my quads I am thinking a 5/8 inch would be ideal.

Any advice?

Also, what gauge - 23 or 25

I use 25G 1.5",,,MY favorite brand is B-D. I think they make the sharpest, most painless pins available.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    21 to draw 25 1" to shoot..works lovely
    Red Bastard likes this.

Thanks for all the great advice!

Thread Information