sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel

Arrow EQ and Hair Loss

I had read before that EQ could not convert to DHT but rather dihydroboldenone. I had assumed this made it good to use if you are concerned about hairloss. Found this article today that seems to support that:

5-alpha Reduction of Boldenone

Boldenone also differs from testosterone in its ability to interact with the 5-alpha reductase enzyme. This is the enzyme responsible for forming dihydrotestosterone from testosterone, which is a much more potent activator of the androgen receptor. The 5AR enzyme is predominantly found in androgen target tissues such as the skin, scalp, prostate, pituitary, hypothalamus, and other regions of the central nervous system, and as such causes a notable increase in the androgenic potency of testosterone in these tissues. Although the 5-alpha reduction of boldenone (to dihydroboldenone) also results in the formation a more potent androgen, the C1-2 double bond on this hormone almost completely inhibits such interaction in the human body (2). Dihydroboldenone is likewise produced in small amounts at best in humans, allowing this hormone to be much less androgenic in nature compared to testosterone. On the plus side we see why athletes using boldenone injectables usually find them much more tolerable in terms of not promoting androgenic side effects such as acne, body/facial hair growth and hair loss. On the minus, of course we pay for reduced androgenic potency in terms of expected strength and mass gains (androgens are known to support neuromuscular functioning and development), which will be lower (though probably of higher quality) compared to that achieved with testosterone.

A good read: http://www.impactnutrition.com/boldenone.html

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think there is a concrete conclusion regarding EQ converting to DHT. I wish we could put an end to this case myself but personal experience has suggested otherwise. I have used EQ several times in the past without ever avoiding any androgenic side effect. Of course some individuals are more prone to sides then others, but fact is I broke out (never had skin problems before) and noticied hairs on my forehand last time I ran an EQ alone cycle. I'm sure many people will read this article and think EQ wil have no affect on hairloss. But not the case. It's just less likely for people then others. Just my 2 sense.

~US~

Thread Information