Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Livinlean
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By Livinlean
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Can winstrol/test cycle be effective to cut 30% bf to 15% bf?

hubbayumm is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Can winstrol/test cycle be effective to cut 30% bf to 15% bf?

This question is on the basis of a proper macro cutting diet that is consistent for the duration of a 8 week cycle.

No need to state the obvious, {" a calorie deficit and proper training/cardio is what will get you from 30% to 15%"} LOL No Sheeeeet!

After all, winstrol is not a necessity, the same could be said for 15% down to 7%...

Would love to hear "knowledgeable members" educated opinions on this.....I think it may from the medical research I have done but I have no personal exp with gear and I think the people that have may be a better judge.
    Last edited by hubbayumm; 07-07-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have noticed winstrol work much better when my BF is lower as opposed to when it is higher. I would not recommend going that route for someone sitting at 30% BF. Also, the cutting diet shouldn't be consistent for just the during of the cycle (8 weeks). It should be consistent leading up to and after the cycle. To maximize results the diet should be followed until progress slows down or stops which is when someone should be adding in compounds to help.
    hubbayumm likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    I have noticed winstrol work much better when my BF is lower as opposed to when it is higher. I would not recommend going that route for someone sitting at 30% BF. Also, the cutting diet shouldn't be consistent for just the during of the cycle (8 weeks). It should be consistent leading up to and after the cycle. To maximize results the diet should be followed until progress slows down or stops which is when someone should be adding in compounds to help.
    Thank you for the reply!
    I would not recommend going that route for someone sitting at 30% BF For what reasons other than the ratio of (much better), could you elaborate please?

I'm on an avg 2 lb per week loss since I started at 245-250 lbs (now at 208). Now, recently (why I come here) I'm now about a one pound a week avg on a good week. I can't see the purpose of adjusting macros any more than I have. (I have plateaued a few times along the way and adjusted successfully) My calories are under 2000 as is and my carbs are already low, (never over 150). I'm at around a 900 cal deficit daily. Progress I'm thinking is at a snails pace with the work I'm putting in. I've cut 50 lbs a hand full of times since my early 20's and since I turned 40 this has become a damn mountain to hell hole to dig out of.

With more info I provided what do you think? Will I still benefit from the cycle staying within the parameters I listed or are you saying the cycle is a waste of $$/effort and or is it more unbeneficial to me than beneficial?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Have you considered carb cycling?

How much cardio do you do?
    hubbayumm likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Have you considered carb cycling?

How much cardio do you do?
    Yes, but I prefer to not cycle on this cut because I'm so carb sesitive. I put on a minimum of 7 and up to 10 lbs (low sodium carb source, oats and yams) of bloat overnight and it takes 3-5 days to get back off. The benefit of carb cycling is not worth the bloat to me. I carry all my fat in my torso which makes it even worse. 10 lbs takes me out of a X-large shirt into a XX-large. In addition, I have always kept carbs low on cuts and I feel fine and my training is not negatively affected.

Hell yes on the cardio, last week I increased my fasting AM cardio from 40-50 min of interval bike (by interval, I mean I sit peddle for a min and then raise resistance to highest level where I have to stand to peddle for one min. I do not sit there and cruise) now after bike I either do 15-20 min of steps or I skip rope for 15 min. (depends on how much knee pain I have ) I put out 110% on my cardio, I skip rope as good as a pro boxer (cross overs the whole bit) I look like a fucking maniac in my gym. I should mention too, I have been wearing a sweatshirt when I Train at night and in AM cardio for the last 4 months. I'm the sweaty dripping mess that has to carry a bath towel with him at all times to wipe off everything I touch. Yes, I have become a real fucking scene for sure. My wife thinks it's hilarious because I am "that guy",

Honestly, I can't handle more cardio. I never go less than 6 days a week on cardio as is and at 41 and a 20 years in the construction field my joints are fragile. I'm concerned the amount of cardio I'm doing will eventually bite me in the ass with an injury. I can't handle another injury that keeps me out of the gym.

Well, I just got a phone call from my wife,(who is a LAB TECH) with my blood results. My estradial is 63 pg/ml. I did not have an AI on hand, so now can't do this cycle anyhow right now. I would be happy to post my blood results if anyone is interested in helping me.

Need a nap before I train tonight, be back later

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    150 grams of carbs aren't low... Not to me anyways. My high carb days are 150 grams followed by no/low carb days which are about 20 grams. Thats what needs to be done to cut weight.

I wouldn't recommend anymore cardio either it looks like you're already well over an hour.

Like back in black stated, carb cycling might be a good idea.

I don't like this cycle at all for losing BF. This however would be a good cycle once you lost the fat and wanted to gain some muscle and harden up. Maybe do some research into GW-501516 it seems very promising for fat loss. Honestly I would even recommend clen but the sides can get nasty for some and from what I have read online, the 501516 seems to have little to no sides.
    hubbayumm likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You mentioned something that makes me think that you and winnie may not agree. JOINT pain. Glucosamine may help, but with winnie, watch out. Did legs the other day and i felt like 70 years old after upping the winnie.
    Try an elliptical or treadmill. It is much easier on the joints.
    I agree with 150 being high for carbs. When your body is deprived of carbs, you will defintely know, which is why i agree with carb cycling but much lower than you are now. When your source of carbs is brocolli, that is low carbs ( maybe a couple 1/4 cups of rice thrown in there).
    I d finitely commend your efforts. I dropped from 240 to 165 ( on competiton day) all natural. I would split up the cardio (running) to 2 times per day of 30-40 minutes each session in the morning and afternoon. Drink alot of water.
    hubbayumm likes this.

Blog Entries
    I'll start cutting out the carbs tomorrow for a few weeks and see what happens. I doubt i'll miss a couple bowls of oats anyway. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but should I be increasing my fats with the loss of carbs? This sounds pretty much going full keto? The fat cals add up quickly and I find they are hardest to track/measure/weigh.

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Wouldn't hurt to post that blood work here, there's a few guys on here that could pinpoint irregularities (if any) pretty quickly. U said you're 40 and you've done numerous cutting phases when u were younger. Age might be playing a role. Not knocking you, he'll in almost there too.

Thread Information