Tomliftsyo is offline New Member

Sterility Question

Hey guys...
    Today i pinned and afterwards realized that i had used hydrogen peroxide instead of rubbing alcohol to sterilize the needle and injection site. Could this cause any problems?
    thanks.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomliftsyo
    Hey guys... Today i pinned and afterwards realized that i had used hydrogen peroxide instead of rubbing alcohol to sterilize the needle and injection site. Could this cause any problems? thanks.
    you never need to sterilize a needle. They come sterile. You are actually just contaminating it IMO.

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomliftsyo View Post
    Hey guys...
    Today i pinned and afterwards realized that i had used hydrogen peroxide instead of rubbing alcohol to sterilize the needle and injection site. Could this cause any problems?
    thanks.
    Never touch the needle tip to anything before pinning u should also change tip after pulling from jar and always use alcohol u only sterilize injection site and jar and your pins should already be sterilized

Hypo needles are packaged sterile. DO NOT attempt to sterilize prepackaged needles or used needles. Only cleanse your injection site.

Northernpumps is offline Junior Member
    yeah what they said..but to answer your question you're safe!.. both are antiseptics and disinfectants. and as far as their chemical compounds are concerned peroxide is closer to being water so make of that what you will...but I've don't it lots as i have had peroxide wipes before and used them without any issue at all

You should be fine. Just keep an eye on it.

Thread Information