Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Sfla80
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Questions About a Tren A Cycle

solo96 is offline New Member

Questions About a Tren A Cycle

I've been doing some research on Tren and I'm thinking I'd like to try it in my next cycle. I've done 3 cycles already - a Test E only, and then two Test Cyp + Dbol cycles. The cycles and PCT all went pretty well, but I'm looking to do even better on my next one. I've researched numerous topics here, and I'm considering going with Tren A (despite some of the nasty Tren side effects). But I'm still a little fuzzy on the following details -

1. Can/Should I take Tren during the full 12 week cycle, or just run it for 8 weeks? If just 8 weeks, it is recommended to run at the beginning or the end of the cycle?

2. What's a decent amount of Test to take while I'm also taking Tren? I've seen anywhere from 100mg to 250 mg per week? Since Tren is doing the heavy lifting during the cycle (so to speak), I don't need as much Test as on a normal Test-only cycle, correct...?

3. If I'm not taking much Test, should I still do .25mg Armidex EOD, or will that likely be too much with what will probably be a much lower dose of Test than I've normally taken?

4. No matter how many weeks I'm running Tren, I should be taking Cabergoline at .25 to .5mg every third day during that entire period, correct?

5. Finally, will I likely need to increase the dosage of my PCT? I've done Clomid 75/50/50/50mg and Nolvadex 40/20/20/20mg daily for my previous cycles.

If it helps I'm 38, 190 lbs, 5'10", ~15% BF (should be closer to 12% when this cycle would start in October). This would be my 4th cycle.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solo96 View Post
    I've been doing some research on Tren and I'm thinking I'd like to try it in my next cycle. I've done 3 cycles already - a Test E only, and then two Test Cyp + Dbol cycles. The cycles and PCT all went pretty well, but I'm looking to do even better on my next one. I've researched numerous topics here, and I'm considering going with Tren A (despite some of the nasty Tren side effects). But I'm still a little fuzzy on the following details -

1. Can/Should I take Tren during the full 12 week cycle, or just run it for 8 weeks? If just 8 weeks, it is recommended to run at the beginning or the end of the cycle?

2. What's a decent amount of Test to take while I'm also taking Tren? I've seen anywhere from 100mg to 250 mg per week? Since Tren is doing the heavy lifting during the cycle (so to speak), I don't need as much Test as on a normal Test-only cycle, correct...?

3. If I'm not taking much Test, should I still do .25mg Armidex EOD, or will that likely be too much with what will probably be a much lower dose of Test than I've normally taken?

4. No matter how many weeks I'm running Tren, I should be taking Cabergoline at .25 to .5mg every third day during that entire period, correct?

5. Finally, will I likely need to increase the dosage of my PCT? I've done Clomid 75/50/50/50mg and Nolvadex 40/20/20/20mg daily for my previous cycles.

If it helps I'm 38, 190 lbs, 5'10", ~15% BF (should be closer to 12% when this cycle would start in October). This would be my 4th cycle.
    1) tren would run 8 weeks, and test 2 weeks longer.

2) this is a preference thing, some run low trt dose test, some run test higher. It's basically trial and error and learning ur body and how u respond

3)yes still take dex at .25 eod. Then mid cycle blood work will show if u need to adjust

4) some run a caber the whole cycle, some just have it on hand. Key is keeping e in check and there wouldn't be a need for caber

5)couldn't hurt adding 2 extra weeks of nolva. And maybe first week of clomid run at 100. But this varies on the person. Depends how well u recovered from last cycles.

R u planning on hcg ??? Highly recommended

How are you planning on running the tren? Dosage and schedule?

Layout a full cycle
    Scorpion0922, songdog and solo96 like this.

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^ well said, couldn't agree more with the responses.

OP, nice job asking these questions BEFORE you start. Bump on what you have planned for the cycle.

I've been doing some research on Tren and I'm thinking I'd like to try it in my next cycle. I've done 3 cycles already - a Test E only, and then two Test Cyp + Dbol cycles. The cycles and PCT all went pretty well, but I'm looking to do even better on my next one. I've researched numerous topics here, and I'm considering going with Tren A (despite some of the nasty Tren side effects). But I'm still a little fuzzy on the following details - My first thought is that you should have a couple of cycles under your belt before you run Tren. Maybe a Test/NPP or Test/Mast or Test/Deca cycle. Your body "remembers" and adapts to the cycles. By running other cycles before Tren you can "train" your body to be ready for the Tren sides. It doesn't mean that the sides won't happen. I just found the sides to be less severe. The Tren side I HATE is the lack of sleep and practically total loss of cardio endurance. If you go on the Tren cycle, just get ready to be winded all the time. But the results are pretty dramatic. I guess nothing comes for free.

1. Can/Should I take Tren during the full 12 week cycle, or just run it for 8 weeks? If just 8 weeks, it is recommended to run at the beginning or the end of the cycle? Test Cyp is a long ester with its half life being 15 days and Acetate is a short ester with its half life of 3 days. I run my Tren at the end of the cycle. My last Tren A injection and Test Cyp injection ends at the same time. The esters will even out over 2 weeks.

2. What's a decent amount of Test to take while I'm also taking Tren? I've seen anywhere from 100mg to 250 mg per week? Since Tren is doing the heavy lifting during the cycle (so to speak), I don't need as much Test as on a normal Test-only cycle, correct...? I've done Test at 250mg/wk and 500mg/wk and Tren at 350mg/wk and 500mg/wk. More Tren = more results but harsher sides. I found my happy spot at 300mg/wk of Test and 350mg/wk of Tren.

3. If I'm not taking much Test, should I still do .25mg Armidex EOD, or will that likely be too much with what will probably be a much lower dose of Test than I've normally taken? When it comes to gyno, I'm a little paranoid. I take .25mg/ed of Adex and Caber twice a week. If you control your E2 from the beginning, you probably won't have any problems with gyno. I once ran a Test/Tren cycle with no prolactin inhibitor. I got mild gyno at week 6 of an 8 week cycle. If you're gonna run Tren you need Prami or Caber

4. No matter how many weeks I'm running Tren, I should be taking Cabergoline at .25 to .5mg every third day during that entire period, correct? Yes, it's very important. I prefer Caber. Prami makes me nauseated even when I ramp up to the normal dosage.

5. Finally, will I likely need to increase the dosage of my PCT? I've done Clomid 75/50/50/50mg and Nolvadex 40/20/20/20mg daily for my previous cycles. After a Tren cycle I recommend a strong PCT. Clomid 100/50/50/50 and Nolva 40/20/20/20. You're already there with your dosage.

Tren is a really great product. Like I said, I hate the loss of sleep, the night sweats (and my sweat smells different), and the total loss of cardio. I'm a standup fighting coach and I literally can't last 60 seconds in the ring when I'm on Tren. The benefits are that I get freaking strong (225# bench 36 reps, 1RM 405#, my body weight is 195#) and I get lean. Awesome stuff, worth the sides.
    solo96 likes this.

Thanks very much for the responses guys. Really appreciate it!

Scotchguard - This will be my fourth cycle. Other than some nasty PIP that caused me to abort the initial start to my second cycle after two weeks (which I feel was caused by a 'bad batch' of Test E), I've not had problems with my current cycles before, so I hope my body is somewhat prepared for Tren . Since I don't feel I have a real strong understanding of all the AAS that is out there, I try to keep it simple with no more than two AAS during a cycle. I'm not an athlete or going up on stage - I just want to look better than any other 38 year old I know when I take off my shirt.

Slfa80 - I am planning on hCG . You are recommending this be only a 10 week cycle, correct? I seemed to recover pretty well from my previous cycles on my PCT plan, and didn't experience any sensitive nipples or gyno-like symptoms when I've been on cycle, so the AI seemed accurate. I have to admit though, I have not done bloodwork while on cycle however (that's bad, I know).

I had developed a rough plan for the Tren cycle, but some of it depended on the answers I got here. Initially I had it as this -
    - Week 1-12: Test Cyp 100mg every other day
    - Week 1-12: HCG @ 250 iu every 3.5 days
    - Week 1-12: Tren A 75mg every other day
    - Week 1-12: Caber 0.25 mg every third day. If after 4 doses you feel good, increase to 0.5mg every third day
    - Week 1-14: Adex 0.25mg every other day from day 2 until PCT
    - Week 1-18: NAC 600 mg daily

PCT Week 1-4 -
    Clomid - 75/50/50/50mg daily
    Nolva - 40/20/20/20mg daily

But based on what you guys have brought up, and assuming a 10 week cycle is the better way to go, I was thinking to revise it something like this -
    - Week 1-10: Test Cyp 100mg every other day
    - Week 1-10: HCG @ 250 iu every 3.5 days
    - Week 1-8: Tren A 75mg every other day
    - Week 1-8: Caber 0.25 mg every third day
    - Week 1-12: Adex 0.25mg every other day from day 2 until PCT
    - Week 1-16: NAC 600 mg daily

PCT Week 1-4 -
    Clomid - 100/50/50/50mg daily
    Last edited by solo96; 07-28-2016 at 10:25 AM.

No I wouldn't suggest, but u could do 10weeks.

Run 12 weeks and start tren your last 8 weeks.

If u r set on running caber whole time. Keep at .25 until bloods.

Cycle looks good man

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    No I wouldn't suggest, but u could do 10weeks.

I would start tren your last 8 weeks.

If u r set on running caber whole time. Keep at .25 until bloods.

Cycle looks good man
    I would also do nac at 1200 on cycle. 600 off cycle

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Tren is a really great product. Like I said, I hate the loss of sleep, the night sweats (and my sweat smells different), and the total loss of cardio. I'm a standup fighting coach and I literally can't last 60 seconds in the ring when I'm on Tren. The benefits are that I get freaking strong (225# bench 36 reps, 1RM 405#, my body weight is 195#) and I get lean. Awesome stuff, worth the sides.
    You are a geneitic mutant any way

Sweet. Thanks for the clarification and recommendations. Is there any particular reason you're recommending Tren the last 8 weeks of the cycle rather than the first 8 weeks? I've seen posts suggesting either, so I'm just wondering if the timing of 8 weeks on Tren are indeed better at the end of the cycle as opposed to the beginning (it's not a big deal to me either way, but if you/anyone have the 'why' behind the time of the Tren portion of the cycle, I'd love to hear it)? I probably will go with Caber since I'd be a bit nervous going without it, and will go with the 12 week cycle then.

So now I'm thinking the cycle will look like this then -
    - Week 1-4: Test Cyp 250mg every 3.5 days
    - Week 5-12: Test Cyp 100mg every other day
    - Week 5-12: Tren A 75mg every other day
    - Week 5-12: Caber 0.25 mg every third day (Should this start right away with the first Tren pin, or wait three days after the first pin and then start it?)
    - Week 1-12: HCG 250 iu every 3.5 days
    - Week 1-18: NAC 1200 mg daily

PCT Week 1-4 -

Sweet. Thanks for the clarification and recommendations. Is there any particular reason you're recommending Tren the last 8 weeks of the cycle rather than the first 8 weeks? I've seen posts suggesting either, so I'm just wondering if the timing of 8 weeks on Tren are indeed better at the end of the cycle as opposed to the beginning (it's not a big deal to me either way, but if you/anyone have the 'why' behind the time of the Tren portion of the cycle, I'd love to hear it)? I probably will go with Caber since I'd be a bit nervous going without it, and will go with the 12 week cycle then.

- Week 5-12: Test Cyp 100mg every other day
    - Week 5-12: Tren A 75mg every other day
    - Week 5-12: Caber 0.25 mg every third day (Should this start right away with the first Tren pin, or wait three days after the first pin and then start it?)
    - Week 1-18: NAC 1200 mg daily

PCT Week 1-4 -
    The reason for me at least for the last 8 wks, is cause u are running test c with it. So using a very long esters and very short. So your giving time for the long ester to kick in.

The caber is a good question and I'm not comfortable enough to answer that one lol. Curious though.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Week 5-12: Caber 0.25 mg every third day (Should this start right away with the first Tren pin, or wait three days after the first pin and then start it?)
    If you don't plan on checking PRL with bw then starting caber the second or third week of tren dosing should be fine.

Tren a takes a bit to reach peace plasma concentration but caber peaks quickly.

For what it's worth I only use short esters and pin EOD.

When I take caber a take it every four days (every second pin) after my pin.

And follow the same regime with hcg as caber.

Just sharing my experiences of what works best for me.

Sfla80, thanks for the clarification about starting Tren the last 8 weeks of a cycle. Makes sense.

numbere, thanks for sharing what you do and the advice on Caber. It's good to know that I probably shouldn't need to start it for a couple weeks after starting Tren.

ingerandtimb is offline New Member
    You've gotten some good info thus far, but here are my thoughts:

I used tren a for about 3 years (in cycles) but quit because the great gains and hardness were not worth the cost "for me". Everyone responds differently, but I now know the following:

I get night sweats and insomnia from tren
    I tend to get more backne when I include tren
    My cardio sucks on tren

That all being said, lower doses than recommended above work well for me at shorter intervals. I can do great with 150mg over 3-4 weeks.

Its all about experimentation unfortunately and finding how you can build an overall better body and lifestyle is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by ingerandtimb View Post
    You've gotten some good info thus far, but here are my thoughts:

I used tren a for about 3 years (in cycles) but quit because the great gains and hardness were not worth the cost "for me". Everyone responds differently, but I now know the following:

I get night sweats and insomnia from tren
    I tend to get more backne when I include tren
    My cardio sucks on tren

That all being said, lower doses than recommended above work well for me at shorter intervals. I can do great with 150mg over 3-4 weeks.

Its all about experimentation unfortunately and finding how you can build an overall better body and lifestyle is the key.
    Agreed. To be honest I forgot to look at your tren dosage.

MANY members here swear by gains they make just off 200mg a week of tren.

As for the sides. It's part of tren...either u can deal with or u cant.

That is why it's always suggested using ace on first time.

Sweet. Thanks for the clarification and recommendations. Is there any particular reason you're recommending Tren the last 8 weeks of the cycle rather than the first 8 weeks? I've seen posts suggesting either, so I'm just wondering if the timing of 8 weeks on Tren are indeed better at the end of the cycle as opposed to the beginning (it's not a big deal to me either way, but if you/anyone have the 'why' behind the time of the Tren portion of the cycle, I'd love to hear it)? I probably will go with Caber since I'd be a bit nervous going without it, and will go with the 12 week cycle then. Good choice. I get minor gyno every time I run Tren without Caber and only Adex.

- Week 5-12: Test Cyp 100mg every other day Injecting Cyp every other day doesn't do much except smooth out the blood level a little. The half life of Cyp is almost 15 days. The difference between injecting every 3.5 days and every other day is minimal. I would just stick to every 3.5 days for 12 weeks.
    - Week 5-12: Tren A 75mg every other day I like the Test=Tren cycle. It's always worked out well for me.
    - Week 5-12: Caber 0.25 mg every third day (Should this start right away with the first Tren pin, or wait three days after the first pin and then start it?) I would take .5mg every 4th day. It won't hurt to reduce your prolactin a bit. Reduction in prolactin after sex helps quicker recover for round two.
    - Week 1-14: Adex 0.25mg every other day from day 2 until PCT I take .25mg every day. Controlling E2 is important in controlling prolactin. I haven't had a problem with .25mg/ed on a Tren cycle.
    - Week 1-18: NAC 1200 mg daily You should take 2g to 2.5g every day during cycle and 1g to 1.5g during off cycle.

PCT Week 1-4 -
    Finally, if you're really strict on your diet on cycle you'll get amazingly lean with Tren. A good Tren cycle will cut you up hard. Have fun.

Solo...keep a log of this cycle if you can

Sorry for the delay in response, I had to head out of town for the weekend. Thank you all for the observations and advice. I am certainly a bit nervous about the sides of Tren , but worst case is that I'll just drop to a Test-only cycle if I just can't hack the Tren sides after a few weeks. I'm hopeful I can since my sides on Test and Dbol have been next-to-nothing. I've noticed a bit of decreased cardio a couple weeks into Dbol, and some pretty rapid weight gain if I don't stick to my diet, and an increased sex drive (which I don't mind!). No acne, gyno, or extreme 'shrinkage'. So I'm hoping my body handle Tren somewhat decently.

Scotchguard - I was mainly going to do Test Cyp every other day so I could just use it in the same pin as the Tren. While I'm pretty much over my fear of needles, pinning still isn't something I enjoy all that much so I was hoping to reduce how often I need to do so on this cycle. But I guess I can just keep including it with the hCG every 3.5 days for no extra increase in pins then (but it will still a lot more than I'm used to though). I guess I'm going to have to start pinning to my chest now too as I imagine the Delts and Glutes alone (which I'm used to) aren't going to be enough.

I'll also spend some time thinking about just how much Tren/week I'll do on this cycle. I don't think for my first time on Tren I'll do an actual Tren=Test cycle. I might just start out at 50mg EOD and increase to 75mg EOD if I am handling the sides alright after a couple weeks. I'll get enough Tren and Test for a Tren=Test cycle, or a Test-only cycle, just in case. It will be some experimentation, for sure...

When the time comes I'll try to keep a log of this cycle and share it.

Thread Information